Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • josean
    • By josean 9th May 18, 8:54 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 8Thanks
    josean
    Dubious CCJ for NHS Aintree
    • 9th May 18, 8:54 PM
    Dubious CCJ for NHS Aintree 9th May 18 at 8:54 PM
    Hello to all
    Hoping for some advice and help here hopefully.
    Today I received a dubious looking letter from the County court supposedly (small crown in a circle, but no official looking stamp).
    It says that the claimant is the Aintree University NHS Trust and that I owe them 169. Address for payment being a Trethowans LLP in Southampton.
    First I have heard of anything to do with this. I was rushed to that Hospital with a head trauma and was treated there at the beginning of this year.
    It states that the judgement for claimant (in default) top left of letter.
    I have no idea of what any of this means and I have never had any CCJ served before so I am really quite worried. So I am hoping that someone could shed some light please.
    Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • josean
    • By josean 9th May 18, 10:31 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    josean
    Thanks for all your input. An expensive lesson I guess but that is life.
    We must be grateful.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 10:32 PM
    • 19,267 Posts
    • 24,496 Thanks
    Redx
    by telephoning them and asking how you do it , its a legitimate government office and has its own website for you to peruse, including a contact us section

you have one month from the date of the judgment to do all of this , otherwise its there for 6 years, so no tardiness

glad you recovered from your ordeal, but your ladyship isnt helping your stress levels as tonight they could have led to another episode hint
    Last edited by Redx; 09-05-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 19,267 Posts
    • 24,496 Thanks
    Redx
    Thanks.
    Hindsight, I take it that I would have had the opportunity to appeal if pursued correctly?
    Originally posted by josean
    nope, you would have had a chance to DEFEND yourself, in court , with a defence

the time to appeal has long since passed which was to the original pcn or NTK , in the first 2 months of this following your health scare

a complaint to the trust may have helped back then too, but your ladyship deprived you of all those opportunities
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • josean
    • By josean 9th May 18, 10:34 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    josean
    Good idea. I will when I call to make payment tomorrow. Thank-you.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 10:36 PM
    • 9,280 Posts
    • 9,542 Thanks
    KeithP
    Good idea. I will when I call to make payment tomorrow. Thank-you.
    You pay the Claimant, not the court, but I am sure the CCMCC will be able to explain the process to you.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 10:38 PM
    • 19,267 Posts
    • 24,496 Thanks
    Redx
    agreed, contact the claimant and pay , get a receipt by some means, by post if necessary

then contact the CCMCC or court and ask how to get it removed and provide them with the proof by the means they accept as proof, which may be filling in a form and adding the proof of payment to the claimant and posting it
    Newbies !!
    • josean
    • By josean 9th May 18, 10:40 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    josean
    Is there then a way of checking the CCJ database or doing a credit report for free? Something I have never done myself so curious about that anyway.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 10:43 PM
    • 19,267 Posts
    • 24,496 Thanks
    Redx
    I did tell you to check trustpilot
    Newbies !!
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 9th May 18, 10:57 PM
    • 9,521 Posts
    • 14,647 Thanks
    worried jim
    Is there then a way of checking the CCJ database or doing a credit report for free? Something I have never done myself so curious about that anyway.
    Noodle, clearscore, the MSE version. They are all on this site for free.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 11:12 PM
    • 19,267 Posts
    • 24,496 Thanks
    Redx
    and if you have had banking issues where they are at fault, like TSB etc , then they usually sign you up with experian at no cost to you
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 12:46 AM
    • 61,674 Posts
    • 74,571 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think your MP will be interested to hear about this utter harassment by the NHS Trust. Absolutely atrocious that they continue to do this to people.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th May 18, 1:07 AM
    • 4,239 Posts
    • 5,569 Thanks
    waamo
    Disgusting behaviour from a so called caring environment. Please complain to your MP
    This space for hire.
    • josean
    • By josean 10th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    josean
    How would I go about doing that?
    I do think it is wrong myself and have heard an awful lot about the grief that it has caused patients as well as NHS staff themselves.
    Am I right in thinking that they dont do it in Scottish and Welsh Hospitals and trusts?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 37,320 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    Quentin
    How would I go about doing that? ......
    Write to your MP c/o House of Commons if you cannot find any local address for him/her
    • josean
    • By josean 10th May 18, 1:07 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    josean
    Write to your MP c/o House of Commons if you cannot find any local address for him/her
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks. I think I will as I feel pretty strongly about this.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th May 18, 1:13 PM
    • 19,476 Posts
    • 30,809 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Please complain to your MP
    How would I go about doing that?
    https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/#jump-link-2

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Would you like someone to complain for you?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • JMSCA
    • By JMSCA 10th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JMSCA
    National Car Park Parking Notice PCN
    Hi Folks,
    Looking for your advise. I have recieved letters from NCP that i did not pay a 6 parking fee from Jan 2018 (NCP Car ParkGlasgow King Street carpark CP CCTV, ). I most certainly did pay the aforementioned 6, as I always do. I paid in cash and unfortunately do not have a receipt. The letter received today was from a debt collecting company (ZZPS), representing NCP. The want 170!! and have stated that the next course of action is to pass QDR Solicitors LTD, where the fee will rise by another 30 plus VAT!! I am so angry, as I always pay my way, and know I did pay, however I have no proof to confirm...its their word against mine - and I have made no contact with them to date.
    Reading some of the comments here about Scottish law and previous cases, what should I do next? Can these debt collectors and solicitors take me to court and demand payment, which I am worried could escalate or ?? The letter stated that a recent supreme court ruling (parkingEve -V-Beavis) has confirmed that a Parking Charge issues on private land:
    > Is enforceable; and
    > the Parking Charge does not breach the unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999
    if this remains unpaid, in the event of legal action taking place, court feed and solicitor costs, along with statutory interest, could be added to the amount owed. The legal process is not simple and if you need advise, places where this can be sought are on the reverse of this letter.
    It is in your interests to either get in tough or pay this account and we again invite you to do so within seven days of you receiving this letter; if the account progresses to our solicitors, we will not be able to help you.

Can they take this to court in Scotland, what should I do next? Appreciate your help and advise

Thank you JMSCA
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 1:32 PM
    • 37,320 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    Quentin
    Everyone is politely asked:

1) Not to post before reading the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

2) Not to hijack other threads like this

3) Not to post about debt collectors letters

If you need more advice after reading up the FAQ start your own thread
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 1:33 PM
    • 9,280 Posts
    • 9,542 Thanks
    KeithP
    what should I do next? Appreciate your help and advise
    Originally posted by JMSCA
    Here's my advice:

Delete you post from this thread. Your post contributes nothing to the issues the original poster of this thread is suffering.

Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to better understand the game you are caught up in. Then if you still have questions start a new thread.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 10th May 18, 2:05 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 3,486 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    and watch / read the below ....

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

972Posts Today

7,695Users online

Martin's Twitter