Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zombiequeen87
    • By Zombiequeen87 9th May 18, 8:47 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zombiequeen87
    Need help single claim under review
    • 9th May 18, 8:47 PM
    Need help single claim under review 9th May 18 at 8:47 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is long winded and I appreciate any advice given but would like to say I'm hard enough on myself for claiming benefits so please keep things friendly!

So I received a latter from tax credits, do you know this person, they are linked to your address! Of course I know this person it's my ex partner we separated at the beginning of august before my son was born!
    I suffer with anxiety extremely badly and I've had a very emotional few weeks this was the icing on the cake I have had to start treatment again!
    Anyways my dilemma!
    Before I continue I do not live with my ex!
    So we still have two bills that are in his name but registered to my address firstly they are paperless so he had forgotten to change the address secondly it's for a contract phone he took out an extra line for me before our seperatuon I pay him what I can afford towards this each week! Second I have virgin internet in his name again was taken out before we separated and he can't cancel as he can't afford to pay the cancellation charge and he is trying to rebuild his credit file, secondly I've tried to have it changed to my name but I have an exaosting debt with them.
    He pays me maintenance for our children each week usually into the bank but will on occasion pay this in cash!
    They want utility bills I don't have as I use prepayment meters!
    I have the 25% single person council tax bill!
    Please tell me if you think this is something I need to worry about! Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Topcat1982
    • By Topcat1982 9th May 18, 11:49 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Topcat1982
    • 9th May 18, 11:49 PM
    • 9th May 18, 11:49 PM
    It sounds like things are amicable with the ex so hopefully he will help you sort this out.

You need to prove he lives elsewhere, his tenancy agreement and bills there will help your case.
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 10th May 18, 6:17 AM
    • 5,288 Posts
    • 3,458 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 10th May 18, 6:17 AM
    • 10th May 18, 6:17 AM
    Explain to them your situation as you've done here. Provide what evidence you do have to show how your situation is different since your ex partner left.

Ask your ex partner to provide evidence of where he lives.
    • Zombiequeen87
    • By Zombiequeen87 10th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zombiequeen87
    • 10th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 10th May 18, 8:13 AM
    Thank you for your replays!
    He lives with his Mum so has no tenancy agreement or bills! The only things he says he can supply me is driving license, insurance, a letter about school places that he applied for (not one of my children)
    Do you think this will be enough? I can't stop worrying! I know I've done nothing wrong but I've read so many horror stories! I don't know what I will do if they decided I wasn't entitled to my single claim! Thanks again!
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th May 18, 11:25 AM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 3,267 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 10th May 18, 11:25 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:25 AM
    Thank you for your replays!
    He lives with his Mum so has no tenancy agreement or bills! The only things he says he can supply me is driving license, insurance, a letter about school places that he applied for (not one of my children)
    Do you think this will be enough? I can't stop worrying! I know I've done nothing wrong but I've read so many horror stories! I don't know what I will do if they decided I wasn't entitled to my single claim! Thanks again!
    Originally posted by Zombiequeen87
    If that's all he has then i'd advice sending that, backed up with bank statements because when he moved in with his mum he should have informed his bank with change of address details.
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 10th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 16,939 Posts
    • 41,813 Thanks
    FBaby
    • 10th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 10th May 18, 5:27 PM
    Can he show that in addition to paying you child maintenance regularly, he is paying his mum for his share of the rent/bills?
    • Zombiequeen87
    • By Zombiequeen87 10th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zombiequeen87
    • 10th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:25 PM
    I called tax credits again!
    Had an extremely lovely person take my call! He told me that nobody had yet checked my ex partners new address that I had supplied he asked me to hold the line whilst he made some checks from his new address! Five minutes later he told me my case was closed as he had sufficient evidence that my ex partner lives at a different address!
    Said I didn't need to supply any of the evidence that had been asked of me and that he was sorry the investigation has caused me the upset that it had!

Thanks for all your replies !!!128522;
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,942Posts Today

8,198Users online

Martin's Twitter