Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mikefearn83
    • By mikefearn83 9th May 18, 8:42 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mikefearn83
    Plug Sockets when moving house
    • 9th May 18, 8:42 PM
    Plug Sockets when moving house 9th May 18 at 8:42 PM
    Hello,
    I need a little advice please. I am soon to move house with the sale coming to its final stages ready for exchange. About 2 years ago we fitted a very large number of chrome plug sockets and light switches all around the house. Ideally we would love to take these and we have all the original white sockets in the garage still. We would not be leaving anything that didnt work etc.
    The buyers have probably seen the metal switches but have never spoken about them and when completing the fixtures and fittings form, we just ticked included on the sockets section.
    Would it be ok to replace the switches for the original white ones and leave everything fully safe and working, or would I have to declare the removal of the metal ones. Obviously it would have no affect on the workings of the plugs, lights etc, and given we spent around 500 on these we would like the chance to take them.
    I know for light fittings it just said that no bare wires can be left and a standard rose fitting is perfectly acceptable if taking the existing lights.

Thank you.

Mike.
    Last edited by mikefearn83; 09-05-2018 at 8:44 PM. Reason: to add info
Page 3
    • kinger101
    • By kinger101 10th May 18, 7:18 PM
    • 4,200 Posts
    • 5,695 Thanks
    kinger101
    I don't think they're likely to complain, and unlikely IMO to get anywhere if they do. If it happened to me, I'd make no effort to forward any misdirected mail any further than the bin.
    • benjus
    • By benjus 10th May 18, 7:56 PM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    benjus
    Sockets in the bathroom? Where do you live?
    Originally posted by Alter ego
    If you have a large bathroom then it could potentially have a standard 13A electrical outlet under the latest regulations.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
    • benjus
    • By benjus 10th May 18, 8:02 PM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    benjus
    Going back to the original question, Section 6 of the TA10 Fixtures and Contents form (light fittings) says "if the seller removes a light fitting, it is assumed that the seller will replace the fitting with a ceiling rose, a flex, bulb holder and bulb and that they will be left in a safe condition".

So this means that ticking "Included" means that the light fittings viewed by the purchaser will be included, and ticking "Excluded" means that the light fittings viewed by the purchaser will be removed and replaced with basic fittings.

If you assume that the same principle applies to the electrical sockets, then "Included" means the chrome ones, while "Excluded" would mean basic plastic ones.

Just be honest on the form.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin