Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 9th May 18, 6:23 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Chantell7
    Parking Ticket
    • 9th May 18, 6:23 PM
    Parking Ticket 9th May 18 at 6:23 PM
    Hi All,

I received a Parking Ticket when parked in a parking lot at my grandparents. I have a visitors permit for the parking lot.

When I called up Wing Parking they said the ticket had expired and they hand delivered letters months ago, however my grandparents say they have not received (age 80+).

I have never received a Parking Ticket and have been using this visitors permit for years, it has no expiry date.

The ticket is 100, and 60 if paid within 14 days.
    Do you think I can successfully appeal/
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th May 18, 7:00 PM
    • 4,925 Posts
    • 6,374 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th May 18, 7:00 PM
    • 9th May 18, 7:00 PM
    At the top of this board is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. You need to read it.

This ticket is beatable. Wing tell lies.
    This space for hire.
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 9th May 18, 7:41 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    • 9th May 18, 7:41 PM
    • 9th May 18, 7:41 PM
    Hi,

Yes, I have read it but its confusing as some are saying to appeal and some are saying not to appeal.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 4,925 Posts
    • 6,374 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 9th May 18, 7:45 PM
    You always send an initial appeal and there is a template in post 1 to use in every circumstance.

After that it depends if the ppc is a BPA or IPC member. BPA means appeal to POPLA. IPC means don't bother.

Wing are BPA members.
    This space for hire.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th May 18, 7:54 PM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 2,966 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 9th May 18, 7:54 PM
    • 9th May 18, 7:54 PM
    most sites are arms lengh council , with an extra appeal stage , read newbies , at which point they should offer POPLa , but they won,t , you need council appeal , how can a permit expire if it has no expiry date , has this been publicly advertised , where , when , dont believe wing when they say one was posted , who owns land , who posts permits
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 9th May 18, 8:38 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    • 9th May 18, 8:38 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:38 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Im going to do an online appeal and see what they reply.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 8:41 PM
    • 20,487 Posts
    • 25,832 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 18, 8:41 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:41 PM
    chances are its an ALMO

WING will refuse the appeal and tell you to refer it to the almo or council etc

if they refuse it, then you should get a POPLA code

any paperwork should be coming to the keepers address, which doesnt sound like its the place where the grandparents live

so if you are the keeper , the paperwork should be coming to your address, so you should have received an NTK etc, if not , they failed POFA2012, so appeal as keeper
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 9th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    • 9th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 9th May 18, 10:15 PM
    Thank you, Its a lot to take in.

If the ticket price was lower I would have automatically paid to get them off my back, however the price of the parking ticket is ridiculous.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 10:42 PM
    • 20,487 Posts
    • 25,832 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 18, 10:42 PM
    • 9th May 18, 10:42 PM
    thay all are , because the bar was set at 100 back in 2012 and 85 in the BEAVIS case reinforced these charges

until the new private parking bill becomes law we wont know if there are any changes, so assume that 100 or less is the standard for these tickets and in any case it wont affect your case , only future cases from maybe 2019 onwards

the fact its an ALMO complicates it, like GRENFELL
    Last edited by Redx; 14-05-2018 at 6:50 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 1:27 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wing operate a 3 stage appeal, the middle one is where you have to (quickly) repeat the first appeal to the ALMO/Housing Association or Council. And then finally you get a POPLA code.

DO NOT IMPLY WHO WAS DRIVING. THIS WILL BE WON, IF YOU USE THE NEWBIES TEMPLATES.
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 14th May 18, 6:39 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    Thank you. I have managed to read through it and will appeal on day 25/26 as they are BPA members. Thanks for all of the help.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th May 18, 6:44 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Don't forget you have to appeal a second time; Wing will reply and you must then quickly (inside 14 days I think?) repeat the appeal to the landowner, then finally you get your POPLA code.
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 15th Jun 18, 9:13 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    Hi All,

How long does it take for wing parking to reply? An appeal was sent but no reply and its thde 13th day since.

Shall I try and contact them or contact the council?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 18, 9:17 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    13 days is nothing!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 18, 9:18 PM
    • 20,487 Posts
    • 25,832 Thanks
    Redx
    Hi All,

How long does it take for wing parking to reply? An appeal was sent but no reply and its thde 13th day since.

Originally posted by Chantell7

if you download and read the BPA CoP, the parking company has 35 days to reply (which has been the case for nigh on 6 years)
    Newbies !!
    • DW190
    • By DW190 15th Jun 18, 9:20 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    DW190
    Hi All,

Did you give them your address?
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 15th Jun 18, 9:21 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    Okay, thank you for the quick replies.
    • Chantell7
    • By Chantell7 15th Jun 18, 9:23 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chantell7
    No, I appealed via the web.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 18, 9:28 PM
    • 20,487 Posts
    • 25,832 Thanks
    Redx

in which case I assume you want them to reply by email or similar ?

you also want them to forget to issue an NTK between day 29 and day 56 following the date of this incident

so the more mistakes they make and the longer it takes, the better for your appeal in the long run

being impatient wont win the race
    Newbies !!
    • DW190
    • By DW190 15th Jun 18, 9:29 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    DW190
    They will need your address to send the NtK to. Then the matter is removed from your grandparents.

Make sure you advise "the keeper's address is"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,874Posts Today

7,679Users online

Martin's Twitter