Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adrianica3
    • By adrianica3 9th May 18, 6:19 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    adrianica3
    Loan in Lloyds
    • 9th May 18, 6:19 PM
    Loan in Lloyds 9th May 18 at 6:19 PM
    Hello everyone,

This month I would like to apply for a Loan with lloyds, I've checked my credit score on experian, noodle, Equifax and it constantly varies from fair to good. I've been trying to build my credit history for the past few months. No late payments, credit card payed of fully every month and I've been with them year and a few months. I've been full time employed for an equal year now. The income is 19,000 also on top of that I study in Uni full time and I'm not relating this thread to student Loan.

My main concern here is that when I go on to their mobile site app and click Loan section it says unfortunately we don't have enough credit information about you so we do not guarantee you will get accepted but when I go to get a Quote it shows that I can get 5000 at 24 apr for 40months and this is without inputting any of my personal information. Once it showed me I was eligible for 10.000 pounds at 9 percent apr but that was in February and since then that information disappeared
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th May 18, 6:26 PM
    • 17,704 Posts
    • 18,827 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th May 18, 6:26 PM
    • 9th May 18, 6:26 PM
    Why limit yourself to Lloyds? They're not the most competitive of lenders.

You have quite a thin file, so while Lloyds will be able to see some additional history which may help, I would look at an eligibility checker.
    • adrianica3
    • By adrianica3 9th May 18, 6:50 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    adrianica3
    • 9th May 18, 6:50 PM
    • 9th May 18, 6:50 PM
    I've been browsing through various opinions and many recommend to go with the bank that you are thewith, I'm sure they look at the finances On how I manage them. So who would you recommend ? Switching banks or going to a different lender
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th May 18, 6:55 PM
    • 17,704 Posts
    • 18,827 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th May 18, 6:55 PM
    • 9th May 18, 6:55 PM
    Eligibility checker.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 32,118 Posts
    • 20,204 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 9th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:21 PM
    For a start your credit score isnt seen by anyone other than yourself, your history is whats important.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 9th May 18, 8:39 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 4,106 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 9th May 18, 8:39 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:39 PM
    The original loan quote in February may not be applicable now. I'm led to believe they update their information monthly.

Have you tried an eligibility checker? - while it's not guaranteed it will give you options.

What is loan purpose? We may be able to offer a different solution.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 9th May 18, 10:56 PM
    • 24,949 Posts
    • 12,174 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 9th May 18, 10:56 PM
    • 9th May 18, 10:56 PM
    How can the OP work full time and study full time at University?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 10th May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 5,228 Posts
    • 5,343 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 10th May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:54 AM
    Hello everyone,

This month I would like to apply for a Loan with lloyds, I've checked my credit score on experian, noodle, Equifax and it constantly varies from fair to good. I've been trying to build my credit history for the past few months. No late payments, credit card payed of fully every month and I've been with them year and a few months. I've been full time employed for an equal year now. The income is 19,000 also on top of that I study in Uni full time and I'm not relating this thread to student Loan.

My main concern here is that when I go on to their mobile site app and click Loan section it says unfortunately we don't have enough credit information about you so we do not guarantee you will get accepted but when I go to get a Quote it shows that I can get 5000 at 24 apr for 40months and this is without inputting any of my personal information. Once it showed me I was eligible for 10.000 pounds at 9 percent apr but that was in February and since then that information disappeared
    Originally posted by adrianica3
    It takes longer than a few months to gain a decent credit history.

Do you have any bad markers (defaults, late payments, etc) on your credit file? If you do, you will need to wait for them to disappear before your file will be clean.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 10th May 18, 12:37 PM
    • 1,862 Posts
    • 1,099 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 10th May 18, 12:37 PM
    • 10th May 18, 12:37 PM
    How much is the loan for. You do know the rate won!!!8217;t be the one displayed. The rate given is depending on your history
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,522Posts Today

8,477Users online

Martin's Twitter