Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 9th May 18, 4:46 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    KillIndigo
    Indigo Help
    • 9th May 18, 4:46 PM
    Indigo Help 9th May 18 at 4:46 PM
    Hi,

I have read the newbie posts and looked through the process, however i have stupidly appealed after the letter came through the door, demanding 127 for the 6 daily parking charge.

Story:

Forgot to pay for my train station parking until later in the day and quickly did it.

I bought the weekly ticket, which has in turn provided me with a clear receipt showing i'm valid to park between 00:00 on Monday to 23:59 Sunday (despite me buying it around 6PM on Monday)

Indigo rejected my appeal telling me i have paid after the ticket.

Customer service is disgusting. Arrogant emails from "Leo Feather" refusing any engagement.

Refusing to even knock 6 off the 127 fine they are demanding instantly.

Please advise me what to do. 127 is outrageous money, especially for parking i have paid for, albeit late.

FYI - I have also since sold the car in question..

Help GREATLY appreciated.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:49 PM
    as you have appealed already , ignore them

The TOC have 6 months to take you to magistrates court for a penalty violation (never , ever happens however)

after that you can rest easy

the INDIGIGO fools will keep pestering for their money, but they cannot issue parking charges where bylaws apply

there are plenty of threads about this so read a dozen of them , especially recent ones

some have been cancelled after the 6 months has expired, because they know they are on a loser

only come back if you receive an LBC or an MCOL , not mithering debt collector letters (and dont bother trying to reason with them)

keep copies of all paperwork etc
    Last edited by Redx; 09-05-2018 at 4:56 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th May 18, 4:51 PM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 5,592 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th May 18, 4:51 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:51 PM
    Is this a byelaws ticket? I'm guessing it is. If so why are you even thinking of paying it?

Ask them if it's a byelaws ticket just to be certain.

Read this it explains everything https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5803499
    This space for hire.
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 9th May 18, 4:54 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KillIndigo
    • 9th May 18, 4:54 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:54 PM
    Thanks, i'll ask if it's a byelaws ticket now.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th May 18, 4:59 PM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 5,592 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th May 18, 4:59 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:59 PM
    Thanks, i'll ask if it's a byelaws ticket now.
    Originally posted by KillIndigo
    Woah! Slow down. Why the rush to do anything? Read the thread I linked to and it will become clear why you should take your time.
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 9th May 18, 5:00 PM
    and I said do nothing at all , to IGNORE them

you can check your paperwork to see if its a bylaws infringement
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 10th May 18, 10:25 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KillIndigo
    • 10th May 18, 10:25 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:25 AM
    Oh, i have now emailed asking if it's a byelaws ticket, as Waamo suggested.

So despite already replying a few times and now using any format suggested on this siute (only recently discovered) i can still dodge the penalty if i just ignore them entirely from now on?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 5,592 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:29 AM
    Many people see to get nervous ignoring the barrage of letters and seem to want to do something. Stringing out the letters for 6 months guarantees that nothing can be done to you.

That's why we say string things out. It's worked every time that we know of.

You can ignore everything and I reckon that will work too.
    This space for hire.
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 10th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KillIndigo
    • 10th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 10th May 18, 3:18 PM
    Thanks Waamo.

I have just received a reply to my last email stating "This is a Penalty Notice under the Railway Byelaws"

Am i now safe to ignore them? Sorry to keep asking, i want to make sure i don't get in further debt. If their original fine is 127 for a 6 charge, i dread to think of what they would dare ramp it up too.

Thanks in advance.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 3:22 PM
    • 37,323 Posts
    • 21,512 Thanks
    Quentin
    Two choices have been given you!

Ignore or string them along with another request/comment etc, all with the object of getting through 6 months without any court summons
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 10th May 18, 3:26 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KillIndigo
    Cheers - Final question, 6 months from the original PCN date?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th May 18, 3:28 PM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 5,592 Thanks
    waamo
    It's 6 months from the date the henious crime occurred.
    This space for hire.
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 10th May 18, 3:29 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KillIndigo
    Haha, thank you very much. I'll ignore and string it along a little longer. It's already been a good 3 months i recon.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th May 18, 3:48 PM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 5,592 Thanks
    waamo
    Just ask random questions very slowly. Your next question can be to ask them to explain byelaws and why you don't get a POPLA code. They love it.
    This space for hire.
    • KillIndigo
    • By KillIndigo 10th May 18, 3:53 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    KillIndigo
    Nice one, i'll send that across in a couple of weeks when they email me next. Thanks for your help, Waamo.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

236Posts Today

1,548Users online

Martin's Twitter