Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 9th May 18, 3:19 PM
    • 5,258Posts
    • 169,216Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Retirement & moving away present?
    • 9th May 18, 3:19 PM
    Retirement & moving away present? 9th May 18 at 3:19 PM
    Hi there,

I have friends that have retired and moved away quite a distance and are having a party in a couple of weeks. I really don't know what to buy as a gift? I am sharing a taxi with 2 other people who I am close with, as we all know each other from Slimming World.

We were considering chipping in for one gift between the 3 of us, but nothing has come about, as I've not had time to look. I need to speak to the other 2 to see if they have already bought anything.

Any suggestions for a gift please? I haven't thought of a budget to be honest.

Thank you.
    Winging it since 1972
Page 1
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th May 18, 7:54 AM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,557 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 10th May 18, 7:54 AM
    • 10th May 18, 7:54 AM
    I think your best bet is to talk to your friends and see what you can come up with between you.

Without knowing what their interests are - and no budget set - it's hard to offer any suggestions.
    • BusyBargainz
    • By BusyBargainz 17th May 18, 3:51 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    BusyBargainz
    • 17th May 18, 3:51 PM
    • 17th May 18, 3:51 PM
    We had a friend retire and move from Norwich to Newcastle.
    We bought them a Norwich City garden gnome and a bench for the garden as that's where they now spend most of their time.

Work out what sort of budget you have between you and then you may find it easier to narrow down the type of gift.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter