Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shenstar
    • By Shenstar 9th May 18, 2:40 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Shenstar
    ParkingEye - Cinema - county court claim form
    • 9th May 18, 2:40 PM
    ParkingEye - Cinema - county court claim form 9th May 18 at 2:40 PM
    SHENSTAR
    View public profile
    Find more posts
    View all thanked posts
    Add to contacts
    ParkingEye county court claim form
    I've read through the newbies sticky thread and partly made my way through some of the other stickies.

I have received the claim form for court and I'm in to my ninth day from the date on the form. I'm planning on putting in a defence online however just wanted some basic advice before starting.

1. I have previously ignored all letters relating to the pcn
    2. The pcn was issued due to parking outside cinema
    3. I have proof of purchase of cinema tickets on email and bank statements

I want some advice on when putting up a defence to the court should I mention I have tickets/statements or should I go down the more generic route with the templates and other defence options mentioned in the stickies?

Would it be worth speaking to Cinema manager at this point or is it too late for them to cancel any county court claim?

Parking is free of you enter registration details on computer at the cinema, I can't remember if this was done or not.

I don't have the original pcn, letters or envelopes.

Would anyone make a suggestion on how I should proceed?

Thank you in advance
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 2:47 PM
    • 7,214 Posts
    • 6,719 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th May 18, 2:47 PM
    • 9th May 18, 2:47 PM
    Would anyone make a suggestion on how I should proceed?
    Originally posted by Shenstar
    The first thing you should do is read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

That explains everything you need to know at this stage.

Before considering your Defence, do the Acknowledgement of Service as described in a pictorial dropbox link from that post.

Do that now, before anything else, to give yourself an extra two weeks to compile your Defence.

And yes of course speak to the cinema. If they can get it cancelled, because you are such a valued customer, so much the better.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 4:06 PM
    • 18,119 Posts
    • 22,906 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 18, 4:06 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:06 PM
    or even if they do not get it cancelled, get them to write a witness statement to the effect of the fact they have tried and failed, and do not want this to go to court

if you dont ask , you dont get

do the AOS as mentioned above (post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread)

draft your defence, then post it on here below for critique

the way this system works is

you do the research

you draft your defence

you post it, people criticise it and add amendments etc, rinse and repeat

once finished and approved you can sign and date it and email it within 28 days of the MCOL date , to the CCBC email address
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 1:45 AM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,075 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 1:45 AM
    • 11th May 18, 1:45 AM
    Same as other ParkingEye cinema defence threads. There's a recent Odeon one for you to find.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Shenstar
    • By Shenstar 12th May 18, 10:03 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Shenstar
    • 12th May 18, 10:03 PM
    • 12th May 18, 10:03 PM
    AOS action has been completed, building a defence now. Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,250Posts Today

7,588Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin