Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • reebsy
    • By reebsy 9th May 18, 2:32 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    reebsy
    Advice- PCS, Gladstones
    • 9th May 18, 2:32 PM
    Advice- PCS, Gladstones 9th May 18 at 2:32 PM
    Hi Everyone

I've been reading through a lot of the threads to do with PCN's and the likes but it's gotten to the stage where I have received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors and I'm now fretting as to whether I should respond to the company who first sent me the tickets (Parking Collection Services) or prepare for court.

I received some tickets (will refer to as= x1, x2 etc) through the post late 2017 at 60 a hit, or 100 each if I left it longer than 14 days. I didn!!!8217;t respond in any way, also did not see a lot of the letters for a few weeks as I spend most of my time away from my registered address, kept receiving !!!8216;one last chance!!!8217; letters from both the PCS company, Zenith and Debt Recovery Plus. The most recent letter is from Gladstones claiming my amount outstanding is 800 but not explicitly stating what this amount is for, other than it is from ANPR Parking Services Ltd and referencing the case of Beavis v Parking Eye [2015].

I have done research on the company from which the original letters were sent by (Parking Collection Services, parkingcsl) and have come to the conclusion that perhaps I could win the case against them, if it were to go to court. Some of my reasons are as follows:

The car had been parked in the wrong car park, wrongfully informed that members get free parking at the car park round the corner of place of membership. All letters had been sent to registered address of keeper I didn!!!8217;t see them until a month later. All were clumped together into two rounds of letters, nothing put on the car's windscreen.

!!!8226; The notice to keeper is incorrect
    The Notice to Keeper failed to meet the obligations of Schedule 4 of the POFA Act 2012. The notices for x1, x2 and x3 were all labelled as being sent later than 14 days following the alleged parking offense.
    !!!8226; Notices with error
    Notices with reference numbers x2 and x3 are detailed with the same date and times, however have been issued as separate offenses with separate invoices.
    !!!8226; Unable to access records
    There is no log of the alleged offenses on the Parking Collection Services website (parkingcsl)
    !!!8226; No record of Parking Collection Services existing
    There is no record of Parking Collection Services on any Government website (beta.companieshouse,britishparking BPA-Approved-Operators, theipc info/aos-members) so believed to be a scam.
    !!!8226; No contract made
    It is denied that the signs used by this claimant can have created a fair or transparent contract with a driver in any event. The signs were insufficient in terms of their distribution, wording and lighting hence incapable of binding the driver, which distinguishes this case from the Beavis case:
    a) Sporadic and illegible (charge not prominent nor large lettering) site/entrance signage - breach of the BPA Code of Practice and no contract formed to pay any clearly stated sum.
    b) The signs are believed to have no mention of any debt collection additional charge, which cannot form part of any alleged contract.
    c) The signage was not lit and any terms were not transparent or legible; this is an unfair contract, not agreed by the driver and contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
    d) No promise was made by the driver that could constitute consideration because there was no offer known nor accepted. No consideration flowed from the Claimant.
    e) Absent the elements of a contract, there can be no breach of contract.

Contradicting Contact Details !!!8211; Fraudulent Company?
    Letters pay over phone (01302 513 129) - Doncaster
    Website phone number (0141 3012358) !!!8211; Glasgow
    Website and letters payment address (Parking Collection Services, PO Box 271, Ashton Under Lyne, OL6 0DL) !!!8211; Manchester
    Second lot of letters from DRP say to send payment to different address and bank account number (Debt Recovery Plus Limited, PO Box 411, Dukinfield, SK14 9DD) !!!8211; Stockport
    Third lot of letters from Zenith Collections say to send payment to different address and bank account number (PO Box 292, Ashton Under Lyne, OL6 0FL) !!!8211; Manchester

Issues with the Company
    When I tried to log in and view my fines it has no record of my info !!!8211; (parkingcsl website)
    British Parking Association (britishparking BPA-Approved-Operators) !!!8211; not there, is !!!8216;PCS Facilities Limited!!!8217; similar name but different website
    Registered companies in the UK (beta companieshouse search parking+collection+services) !!!8211; not there, !!!8216;Detroit I 2018 Limited!!!8217; used to be called PCS but registered as a dormant company from !!!8216;financial year preceding 30 June 2015!!!8217;, also has different address to letters or website of tickets (6 Jennings Court Derby Range Stockport Cheshire SK4 4AB). !!!8216;Parking Collection Services Limited!!!8217; similar name but incorporated on 05/03/18.

I reported them to action fraud and they told me not to make contact with them (I have a reference number and screenshot of them saying this).

BASICALLY
    I!!!8217;m looking for advice on if I should contact the original company (PCS) via phone or email and say look, I!!!8217;ve got a strong case against you. You don!!!8217;t want to go to court because you won!!!8217;t actually get the 800 from me, I don!!!8217;t want to go to court because it!!!8217;s hassle. How about we call it quits and I give you 100, (or if they haggle, then the price of two parking ticket at the reduced rate, total = 120) and you leave me alone?

The Gladstone letter says that !!!8216;our client would like to provide you with this opportunity to contact their agent to make a full payment in the sum thereby avoiding the consideration of any future court action and increase in the amount claimed.!!!8217;
    From this, I!!!8217;m thinking maybe I should either contact Debt Recover Plus (owned by same people, is referred to as their agent) or talk to PCS (client) and tell them my proposition, or send a letter to Gladstones.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by reebsy; 11-05-2018 at 5:30 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th May 18, 3:15 PM
    • 37,914 Posts
    • 22,021 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th May 18, 3:15 PM
    • 9th May 18, 3:15 PM
    If you want to use POFA you should not reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

(Making an offer will just let them know you are hooked and will increase their attention to you)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 1:48 AM
    • 63,833 Posts
    • 76,487 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 1:48 AM
    • 11th May 18, 1:48 AM
    if I should contact the original company (PCS) via phone or email
    Obviously not. You want to ring or email a debt collector? NONONO.

LOL this is Debt Recovery plus using another name:

http://www.parkingcsl.co.uk/

Who were the original parking company, and don't say none of the letters say, because the first one does.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 1:52 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • reebsy
    • By reebsy 11th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reebsy
    • 11th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:07 PM
    Okay so any suggestions what I should do?

I know the pcs also own debt recovery and zenith, so what I was saying is that if I phone one of the numbers it is likely that I will speak to the same person regardless of which phone number.

Coupon-mad- are you suggesting I just prepare for court and not try to settle it independently?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 5:18 PM
    • 10,599 Posts
    • 10,982 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th May 18, 5:18 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:18 PM
    The suggestion is that you ignore all debt collector's letters.

There is nothing for you to do unless you get a Letter Before Claim or official court papers.
    If that happens, please post again on this thread if you need help then.

Oh... and the advice Quentin gave you two days ago is still good.
    The longer you leave sensive information available, then the greater risk you have of that information being used to your disadvantage.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-05-2018 at 5:21 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 63,833 Posts
    • 76,487 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 11th May 18, 8:14 PM
    who were the original parking company, and don't say none of the letters say, because the first one does.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I asked the above as it will tell us if this is a litigious firm, or not.

Of course my view is NEVER try to settle with a PPC.

The entire scam 'make up an excuse for a fake parking ticket/then sue people' industry is rotten to the core, and not worthy of receiving any settlement, assuming you mean offering them more then 50p like you'd give a beggar. No settlement.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 8:17 PM.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 19,874 Posts
    • 25,173 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 11th May 18, 8:22 PM
    ANPR Parking Services Ltd

ANPR Parking Services Ltd http://www.anprparkingservices.co.uk

from the BPA AOS website

DRP = ZENITH = PCS are all the same debt collector company

Gladrags is the solicitors associated with the IPC sc@mmers

its a formal LBC or an MCOL you need to deal with

NEVER ring any of these people up, it wont do you any good at all

this previous thread dealt with similar issues

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5060891
    Last edited by Redx; 11-05-2018 at 8:26 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 8:28 PM
    • 63,833 Posts
    • 76,487 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 8:28 PM
    • 11th May 18, 8:28 PM
    Ah, missed that in the wall of Smart Punctuation glitched text in the OP, thanks Redx!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,990Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin