Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RayG
    • By RayG 9th May 18, 1:27 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    RayG
    DVLA form v112
    • 9th May 18, 1:27 PM
    DVLA form v112 9th May 18 at 1:27 PM
    My classic car is due to have its road tax renewed on 1st June 2018
    Under the new rules it won't need an MOT. I need to apply at a post office to claim MOT exemption using form v112. The forms v112 available on line refer to vehicles pre 1960 how do I get a v112 form for vehicles over 40 years old.
Page 1
    • laidbackgjr
    • By laidbackgjr 9th May 18, 2:02 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 1,188 Thanks
    laidbackgjr
    • 9th May 18, 2:02 PM
    • 9th May 18, 2:02 PM
    The new MOT rules don't come in until the 20th May - so the form on the DVLA website is the correct one for today's rules. Wait until 20th May - then the DVLA website will publish the documents & processes applicable then.
    • RayG
    • By RayG 9th May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RayG
    • 9th May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 9th May 18, 3:35 PM
    Thanks I was a bit confused because my renewal form says MOT required?
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 11th May 18, 12:47 PM
    • 1,161 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    • 11th May 18, 12:47 PM
    • 11th May 18, 12:47 PM
    It will, because when your renewal form was printed, an MOT was (and still is) required.

DVLA documents and web site tend to reflect the rules "right now" (at the point they are published) and not talk about "coming soon" until that day arrives, and then get updated. One exception being the VED renewal form that quotes prices but often mentions that they might have changed by the time you do your renewal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,349Posts Today

7,421Users online

Martin's Twitter