Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bea787
    • By Bea787 9th May 18, 12:44 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Bea787
    Managing accounts and receipts
    • 9th May 18, 12:44 PM
    Managing accounts and receipts 9th May 18 at 12:44 PM
    Hi all, am in need of some help. How do you check your receipts off your bank statements? Iíve always ticked them off my printed statements but now am nearly paperless am losing track or printing statements out. Itís all too time wasting and my approach isnít efficient. Iím stuck in a rut though and canít see the wood for the trees lol. I wish banks made it possible to check items off your statement online, eg. Turn them green for fine etc. What do you do? I need simple time efficient systems now. Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • surreysaver
    • By surreysaver 9th May 18, 12:50 PM
    • 2,472 Posts
    • 1,380 Thanks
    surreysaver
    • 9th May 18, 12:50 PM
    • 9th May 18, 12:50 PM
    I keep an Excel spreadsheet with each account I've got, and just add items to it every time I have a transaction. Then every time a statement is issued I just compare it with the spreadsheet
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 9th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 7,496 Posts
    • 8,085 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 9th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 9th May 18, 12:51 PM
    Download your online statement info regularly for importing into budgeting software or even just Excel or similar?
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 9th May 18, 1:32 PM
    • 4,330 Posts
    • 5,492 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 9th May 18, 1:32 PM
    • 9th May 18, 1:32 PM
    I use AceMoney and although I've never used it there is an account reconciliation feature like the one you want. It's $40 but there is a free lite version with just one account to see if you like it. No problems with Americanisation

http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/personal-finance-software-quicken-alternative.shtml
    • Midland45
    • By Midland45 9th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Midland45
    • 9th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:25 PM
    I still use MS Money, and have for many years. It was actually made free to download a few years ago when Microsoft stopped developing the program.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,513Posts Today

8,948Users online

Martin's Twitter