Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rb331
    • By rb331 9th May 18, 12:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rb331
    VCS Letter Before Claim
    • 9th May 18, 12:15 PM
    VCS Letter Before Claim 9th May 18 at 12:15 PM
    After ignoring several bullying letters letters I have finally received a letter before claim at the , it was for 'parking longer than 120 minutes' where they claim I over stayed by around 30 minutes in sheffield Berkeley Centre. I am not sure how this was possible but there are 2 users of the car and the fine print says you cannot return. I am just wondering what the best defence is for the sum of now 200 for the claimed over staying 30 minutes!

My questions are:

1) Do I go with the postal ANPR camera PCN parking eye defence in the sticky?

2) Do I have to fill out a reply form they sent ANNEX 1 with regards to them asking questions: do I owe debt, i owe some but not all, i do not owe debt etc etc and then ANNEX 2 financial statement. Surely I don't need to send these crooks this filling out a financial statement? What do I send as the minimum legal requirement?

Many many thanks for your help in advance.

R
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th May 18, 12:38 PM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,439 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th May 18, 12:38 PM
    • 9th May 18, 12:38 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

#2 covers the whole court claim scenario from lbcca to hearing

You don't need to send back their forms! You don't need your defence until you actually get a claim from the court

Read up on responding to your lbcca
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 2:21 AM
    • 61,584 Posts
    • 74,472 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th May 18, 2:21 AM
    • 10th May 18, 2:21 AM
    1) Do I go with the postal ANPR camera PCN parking eye defence in the sticky?
    You are not at defence stage yet.
    But when you are, amalgamate the ICO CoP ANPR data protection breach argument with a VCS or Excel defence, where POFA and 'no keeper liability' is also argued, and look for one mentioning Excel v Cutts - a case about dodgy signs.

2) Do I have to fill out a reply form they sent ANNEX 1 with regards to them asking questions: do I owe debt, i owe some but not all, i do not owe debt etc etc and then ANNEX 2 financial statement. Surely I don't need to send these crooks this filling out a financial statement?
    No.

Why not search the forum for VCS (or Excel) LBCCC and copy a reply already here?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,962Posts Today

7,925Users online

Martin's Twitter