Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tombailey77
    • By tombailey77 9th May 18, 11:47 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 3Thanks
    tombailey77
    Advice - Train Station Ticket
    • 9th May 18, 11:47 AM
    Advice - Train Station Ticket 9th May 18 at 11:47 AM
    Hi, i wanted to ask for a little advice on i guess both a moral and technical basis.

I received a ticket this week at Burgess Hill train station (indigo) as i just forgot to pay for parking. The machine in normally use was broken so i was going to do it on the App, but when i got on the train i forgot.

So question is, should i appeal this or as it was actually my fault should i just pay up. If i do appeal, i assume i still follow the template process on here? (I used it before to defend a ticket at another site).

thanks.
    Last edited by tombailey77; 10-08-2018 at 3:30 PM.
Page 1
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,249 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 9th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:50 AM
    if you search for posts "railway bylaws" , you will see that an appeal is almost pointless , as you will not get a POPLa code

search and all will be reveled
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th May 18, 1:10 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 5,569 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th May 18, 1:10 PM
    • 9th May 18, 1:10 PM
    Why pay? This is a scam if you read up on it. Indigo have no power to make up this charge whatsoever.

Read the thread that tells Newbies to read it first. It is at the top of this forum then put Indigo in the search box and see what has been said about this outrage.
    This space for hire.
    • tombailey77
    • By tombailey77 16th May 18, 9:38 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tombailey77
    • 16th May 18, 9:38 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:38 AM
    Thanks, I have read the posts, as a newbie there is a lot of info to take in and lots of differing situations that may imply different outcomes.

I guess i just wanted a level or reassurance around fighting this one, and i believe you have provided that.

thanks
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 16th May 18, 10:11 AM
    • 3,187 Posts
    • 4,898 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 16th May 18, 10:11 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:11 AM
    Thanks, I have read the posts, as a newbie there is a lot of info to take in and lots of differing situations that may imply different outcomes.

I guess i just wanted a level or reassurance around fighting this one, and i believe you have provided that.

thanks
    Originally posted by tombailey77

There are no differing situations with byelaw tickets Indigo are bluffing they can't take this past scary letters, only the TOC can take you to court and they won't.

After six months it all times out anyway.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 18, 12:27 AM
    • 61,674 Posts
    • 74,559 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 18, 12:27 AM
    • 17th May 18, 12:27 AM
    These are ALL THE SAME and no-one here pays. Easy as hell to wait 6 months.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • tombailey77
    • By tombailey77 19th Jun 18, 10:23 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tombailey77
    • 19th Jun 18, 10:23 AM
    • 19th Jun 18, 10:23 AM
    just received the NtK and will appeal now, the newbie thread suggests to use the online appeal, i assume this is still the correct way so as to avoid postal appeals being 'lost'?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 19th Jun 18, 11:24 AM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 4,269 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 19th Jun 18, 11:24 AM
    • 19th Jun 18, 11:24 AM
    Yes of course. Dont keep asking if the newbie thread is right. it is.
    • tombailey77
    • By tombailey77 10th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tombailey77
    • 10th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    Hi, i have searched somewhat for this exact query, but can anyone advise whether it is best to completely ignore letters from ZZPS or will it help to delay things towards the 6 months point by engaging in mail ping pong? I actually have two PCNs now running in parallel, I would rather just ignore them but concerned that things may come to a head before the 6 months point if i dont engage with some time wasting? one was in early may and one in early June so i am waiting till Oct and Nov. Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Aug 18, 3:34 PM
    • 19,267 Posts
    • 24,495 Thanks
    Redx
    we normally recommend engaging in the ping pong , slowly

but you can possibly IGNORE them as ZZPS are powerless anyway

there is no one size fits all answer , apart from getting past the 6 month deadline for a penalty notice and MAGS court from a TOC

we never see a TOC try this , but there are no guarantees

use the search box and INDIGO STATION or similar to see plenty of advice on bylaws issues
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Aug 18, 3:35 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 5,569 Thanks
    waamo
    If you communicate do so only with Indigo. We recommend communication simply because most people seem to lose their nerve sitting on their hands.

So far we have not heard of any cases going to court. It could be that it doesn't happen (which is highly likely) or that people don't report it. We have had people that have communicated reporting a time out.

Personally I would say ignoring is a viable way forward but if you are more risk averse or hate doing nothing then enter into communication.
    This space for hire.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Aug 18, 3:36 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 4,269 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Ping poning with ZZPs is SO easy just do it
    THink they take emails so no need to waste a stamp..
    • tombailey77
    • By tombailey77 10th Aug 18, 3:45 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    tombailey77
    i dont mind sitting on my hands with it, tbh i would rather not bother contacting them as i have enough other things to get on with, I just wondered if there was any view on if things went slower by sending them the letters or not. I can send them something in the meantime i guess, like the one the chap here was sending, https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5875297
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Aug 18, 4:01 PM
    • 37,402 Posts
    • 84,287 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Ping pong with the PPC by post of you wish, but it is your money you will be wasting on postage.

Otherwise, do it by email, asking one or two questions every fortnight or so. If they don't answer your specific query, ask the same question(s) again.

Do please ask, and complain to the BPA and DVLA, why you have not been given access to ADR as is your right under the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act 2015.

Please complain to your MP about this unregulated scam, including the question about not being allowed access to ADR.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,110Users online

Martin's Twitter