Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snoopdog88
    • By Snoopdog88 9th May 18, 11:10 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Snoopdog88
    Santander Kwik Fit Card queries
    • 9th May 18, 11:10 AM
    Santander Kwik Fit Card queries 9th May 18 at 11:10 AM
    I had a Kwik Fit Card by GE Capital from 1995 through to 2005, I have made a claim for mis selling through Santander who have accepted responsibility for it on behalf of the insurer and have made an offer. I have a couple of questions which after speak to them I am still quite confused .

1. I have two letters from them the first on behalf of the insurer accepts this was not fit for the purpose for me and makes an offer, the offer they say is based on their records of the amount of ppi on their records on the account, however then sort of contradicts itself by saying they do not hold records prior to 2005 and if I have records they could recalculate althrough they believe their figure are right. I would be able to get most of the statements together from my parents although they said they still believe they have the correct amounts, has anyone provided years of statements is there a point if they still stay they believe they know the amounts??
    2. There is another letter behind which says my claim against Santander themselves possibly Plevin is barred as its all over 15 years old. This then contradicts itself further down to say they may be in touch in the future about this if they decide to ,

Overall I am pleased but admit confused , having read the letters time and time again they just are confusing, anyone else have any recent claims with Santander that understand this .
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 20,958 Posts
    • 11,734 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 9th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:24 AM
    They've upheld your complaint and so Plevin will not apply in any case since you will get a complete refund of all the PPI you paid.

By all means gather together all your old statements and total up the PPI itemised on them. However, no need to send them unless the figure you reach is more than the amount they offer in refund before interest.
    • Snoopdog88
    • By Snoopdog88 9th May 18, 11:53 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Snoopdog88
    • 9th May 18, 11:53 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:53 AM
    thanks for your help I will give that a go as the letter just went round in a circle without being clear.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,655Posts Today

7,988Users online

Martin's Twitter