Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • needsupport24
    • By needsupport24 9th May 18, 11:01 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    needsupport24
    Help! Young, dumb and in debt! UKPC parking charge.
    • 9th May 18, 11:01 AM
    Help! Young, dumb and in debt! UKPC parking charge. 9th May 18 at 11:01 AM
    Hello,

I have just received a letter from debt collectors.

My car was parked in a disabled parking spot.
    I actually wasn't aware it was a disabled spot - a car was just pulling out of it the second i pulled up so I quickly just pulled in and ran into XXXXXXXXXX as I was in a hurry.
    I was literally out in less than 5 minutes and I had a parking notice!!

I've gotten a debt collectors letter.
    I've read the NEWBIES post - but I'm unsure as to what I actually have to do in the stage I'm at (and also confused with some of the terminology)

Can someone please advise me
    Last edited by needsupport24; 09-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th May 18, 11:10 AM
    • 36,234 Posts
    • 20,512 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th May 18, 11:10 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:10 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with debt collectors

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 8,704 Posts
    • 9,056 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 9th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:17 AM
    Post four of the Newbies Sticky covers debt vultures completely, so you don't need to keep asking.

The terminology is also fully explained in post three.

Your remaining options are also laid-out there but mostly they involve sitting it out for the next six years to see if UKPC chance a court claim - So use the time to read the sticky and prepare to rebuff any LBC.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 9th May 18, 11:46 AM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 4,756 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 9th May 18, 11:46 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:46 AM
    Silly to ignore but you are where you are, in limbo!

What ever you do don't communicate with Debt Recovery Plus they can't do anything but try to scare you by bending the truth.

As already stated read the newbies thread it's all there, come back if you get real court papers from these dodgy Muppets, these are your odds:

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/UK_Parking_Control.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,152Posts Today

8,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Want tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals? Whatever your money matter, @Ma?

• Morning. I'm on my way to @thismorning first to talk about how to get the most buck (or euros) for your money with? https://t.co/OXkQDilixy

• Early days but if we weight this vote to the referendum proportions (48:52) then 57% of people currently want secon? https://t.co/zct2KOUWRf

• Follow Martin