Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    • By MRSTITTLEMOUSE 9th May 18, 10:09 AM
    • 8,047Posts
    • 19,447Thanks
    MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Company refusing refund.
    • 9th May 18, 10:09 AM
    Company refusing refund. 9th May 18 at 10:09 AM
    Hi, I'm trying to find out where to go next concerning a very shady company which on some digging I found has nothing but terrible reviews and was even featured in a Sunday newspaper because of its what can be only described as "conman" behaviour. Taking people's money, usually pregnant women and not sending the goods and not giving refunds.The company is called "Funique"
    Basically my pregnant grand daughter ordered from this company beginning of January. They failed to deliver having excuses that even included they couldn't get the cot till later because their was a fungus in the wood they usually used and they would have to wait for more wood. Come April we tried to contact them met by silence every time. We wrote, nothing.So we printed off the breach of contract letter from the citizens advice and sent it signed for. Ignored again. Granddaughter's husband emailed them several times mentioning the letter sent and of course they keep telling him they will refund but never do.
    Now I'm not that stupid to think this company is going to pay up easily but that's not going to stop me trying. Any ideas where to go from now. Thank you.
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th May 18, 10:12 AM
    • 60,337 Posts
    • 42,993 Thanks
    soolin
    • 9th May 18, 10:12 AM
    • 9th May 18, 10:12 AM
    Hi, I'm trying to find out where to go next concerning a very shady company which on some digging I found has nothing but terrible reviews and was even featured in a Sunday newspaper because of its what can be only described as "conman" behaviour. Taking people's money, usually pregnant women and not sending the goods and not giving refunds.The company is called "Funique"
    Basically my pregnant grand daughter ordered from this company beginning of January. They failed to deliver having excuses that even included they couldn't get the cot till later because their was a fungus in the wood they usually used and they would have to wait for more wood. Come April we tried to contact them met by silence every time. We wrote, nothing.So we printed off the breach of contract letter from the citizens advice and sent it signed for. Ignored again. Granddaughter's husband emailed them several times mentioning the letter sent and of course they keep telling him they will refund but never do.
    Now I'm not that stupid to think this company is going to pay up easily but that's not going to stop me trying. Any ideas where to go from now. Thank you.
    Originally posted by MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    The answer will depend on how you paid, safely via creditcard or paypal I hope?

EDIT: Looking at their site it looks like paypal is their preferred options, if that was sued just start an INR claim immediately and stop wasting time with a company that is ignoring you.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 9th May 18, 10:36 AM
    • 4,306 Posts
    • 4,722 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 9th May 18, 10:36 AM
    • 9th May 18, 10:36 AM

EDIT: Looking at their site it looks like paypal is their preferred options, if that was sued just start an INR claim immediately and stop wasting time with a company that is ignoring you.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Wouldn't normally point out a typo but of course Soolin meant used not sued!

Their testimonial page is amusing: https://funique.co.uk/testimonials/
    Just one from 2012 - company incorporated in 2015 - and it looks made up.

This is a pretty small company - one director and one shareholder (different people) https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09447051/officers

and a balance of a pretty small 11k on last years' accounts.

They are the member of a couple of "dispute resolution" schemes you can see on their website so you can pursue through them too, eg.

https://dashboard.retailadr.org.uk/dashboard/create-claim.php
    Last edited by robatwork; 09-05-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 60,337 Posts
    • 42,993 Thanks
    soolin
    • 9th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:17 AM
    Thank you robatwork- a rather Freudian spelling mistake from me

I just did an anonymous chat with them about placing an order and asking about payment methods and they use a Scandanavian 3rd party system (with apologies I wrote the name down and can't find the bit of paper!) that checks out as legit. That should mean a chargeback would be possible and frankly I would get on to it quickly and not let this drag on anymore.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 9th May 18, 11:40 AM
    • 367 Posts
    • 800 Thanks
    pramsay13
    • 9th May 18, 11:40 AM
    • 9th May 18, 11:40 AM
    they use a Scandanavian 3rd party system
    Originally posted by soolin
    probably iZettle.
    Don't worry about their payment system, what did you use to pay and that's who you contact.
    • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    • By MRSTITTLEMOUSE 11th May 18, 10:10 PM
    • 8,047 Posts
    • 19,447 Thanks
    MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    • 11th May 18, 10:10 PM
    • 11th May 18, 10:10 PM
    Hi,thankyou for your replies. My granddaughter used her bank debit card to pay and I mentioned to her about the "chargeback"you had mentioned and wondered if it was possible to obtain with a debit card. She rang her bank explained the situation and they have opened a chargeback claim for goods not received. Apparently chargeback is possible with a debit card too. Thank you so much for your advice, hopefully my granddaughter can now get the refund due. I do worry about potential customers of this company though.They seem to agree and promise refunds that never materialise
    and not send out goods all too often. Surely something can be done to stop companies like this.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 11th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 16,025 Posts
    • 12,084 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 11th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 11th May 18, 10:33 PM
    www.funique.co.uk

have been spamming mse for a while e.g this post
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5424602&highlight=funique
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 11th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 16,025 Posts
    • 12,084 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 11th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 11th May 18, 11:05 PM
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/betterbanking/article-5208615/Tony-Hetherington-cot-scandal-affecting-families.html

Until recently its sole director was Aleksandra Chlopek, who told Companies House she is Polish and lives in Poland. She then quit and her replacement is Michal Laska who also says he is Polish and lives in Poland. I asked him about your missing cot and wondered how he could live in Poland but run a furniture business in London.
    Last edited by hollydays; 11-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,722Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin