Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shenstar
    • By Shenstar 9th May 18, 1:27 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Shenstar
    ParkingEye county court claim form
    • 9th May 18, 1:27 AM
    ParkingEye county court claim form 9th May 18 at 1:27 AM
    I've read through the newbies sticky thread and partly made my way through some of the other stickies.

I have received the claim form for court and I'm in to my ninth day from the date on the form. I'm planning on putting in a defence online however just wanted some basic advice before starting.

1. I have previously ignored all letters relating to the pcn
    2. The pcn was issued due to parking outside cinema
    3. I have proof of purchase of cinema tickets on email and bank statements

I want some advice on when putting up a defence to the court should I mention I have tickets/statements or should I go down the more generic route with the templates and other defence options mentioned in the stickies?

Would it be worth speaking to Cinema manager at this point or is it too late for them to cancel any county court claim?

I don't have the original pcn, letters or envelopes.

Would anyone make a suggestion on how I should proceed?

Thank you in advance
Page 1
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 9th May 18, 5:47 AM
    • 13,608 Posts
    • 8,630 Thanks
    arcon5
    • 9th May 18, 5:47 AM
    • 9th May 18, 5:47 AM
    The advice to ignore was stopped years ago. Is it free parking to customers?
    • Shenstar
    • By Shenstar 9th May 18, 7:04 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Shenstar
    • 9th May 18, 7:04 AM
    • 9th May 18, 7:04 AM
    Yes, free to customers but they need to enter details on a computer at the cinema. I can't remember if this was done but most likely not.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 9th May 18, 7:07 AM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 1,939 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 9th May 18, 7:07 AM
    Yes, free to customers but they need to enter details on a computer at the cinema. I can't remember if this was done but most likely not.
    Originally posted by Shenstar
    Then what defence do you have?
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 9th May 18, 7:07 AM
    • 2,981 Posts
    • 4,444 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    You need to post this in The Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board (where the stickies are!) Ask a board guide to move it for the best responses.
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 9th May 18, 7:09 AM
    • 2,981 Posts
    • 4,444 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    • 9th May 18, 7:09 AM
    • 9th May 18, 7:09 AM
    Originally posted by Car 54
    There can be numerous.
    • Shenstar
    • By Shenstar 9th May 18, 7:31 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Shenstar
    • 9th May 18, 7:31 AM
    • 9th May 18, 7:31 AM
    Well as I still have copies of the cinema tickets and bank statements I was thinking that could be used.

But then didn't want to use that if it meant I can't use the other forms of defence mentioned in the stickies of the parking fines section.

My original question still stands - in my defence should I mention I have proof of purchasing tickets for cinema at the time/date of parking or just go down the other routes for defence without mentioning this?

Should I contact the cinema manager at this point tor is it too late for them to do anything?

Is it possible to move thread to parking section?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th May 18, 7:52 AM
    • 36,346 Posts
    • 20,595 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th May 18, 7:52 AM
    • 9th May 18, 7:52 AM
    Ask a board guide to move your thread by ,PM
    • Shenstar
    • By Shenstar 9th May 18, 8:24 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Shenstar
    • 9th May 18, 8:24 AM
    • 9th May 18, 8:24 AM
    Thanks, I've contacted board guides
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 9th May 18, 10:38 PM
    • 9,684 Posts
    • 7,106 Thanks
    Crabman
    I've moved this thread over to the Parking board
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 1:28 AM
    • 59,555 Posts
    • 72,717 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Originally posted by Car 54
    The exact same type of defence as the other Odeon Cinema one on the parking board this week! The OP could find it, now they are in the right forum, by searching for 'ParkingEye defence Odeon' and they'd be well informed what sort of thing to argue, from the similat thread.

Almost every defendant here wins; only 2 lost in 2017. Loads of grounds for defence.

The OP needs to start by doing the simple AOS online, explained in pictures in the NEWBIES thread.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-05-2018 at 1:31 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,470Posts Today

5,034Users online

Martin's Twitter