Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th May 18, 11:37 PM
    • 3,892Posts
    • 54,056Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Insurance issue
    • 8th May 18, 11:37 PM
    Insurance issue 8th May 18 at 11:37 PM
    Hi

I am a regular on another forum and have been directed here for advice if anyone can help. I also posted on the insurance forum

Another driver jumped lanes and crashed into me I was within my right of way to turn

Insurance have now deemed it 50/50 as they have received no reply from the police. The police attended as they were passing and confirmed the other driver was at fault as they had the cctv footage checked

I was advised the insurers can ask for a copy of the cctv recording

Can anyone advise the way forward

Thanks
    Retired
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th May 18, 11:42 PM
    • 35,613 Posts
    • 19,827 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th May 18, 11:42 PM
    • 8th May 18, 11:42 PM
    As previously advised to you, when you are ever unhappy with an insurer you should make a formal complaint to the insurer and escalate to the FOS if you are unhappy with the reply or you are ignored for 8 weeks

(Police opinion on liability is irrelevant)
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 9th May 18, 4:32 AM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 2,066 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 9th May 18, 4:32 AM
    • 9th May 18, 4:32 AM
    Another driver jumped lanes and crashed into me I was within my right of way to turn
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Having the right of way doesn't absolve you of blame in an accident. If you continue to drive in the "Its my right of way" bloodyminded attitude some have and it results in an accident that could have been avoided, which they usually can, then you will be held to blame.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 9th May 18, 5:43 AM
    • 2,938 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 9th May 18, 5:43 AM
    • 9th May 18, 5:43 AM
    Read the Highway Code. No-one ever has "right of way". There is no such thing in law.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th May 18, 7:42 AM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 54,056 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    • 9th May 18, 7:42 AM
    • 9th May 18, 7:42 AM
    Thank you both for your replies I will not post further
    Retired
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

515Posts Today

5,687Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin