Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Super_S
    • By Super_S 8th May 18, 10:23 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Super_S
    *****pcn notice apcoa parking birmingham airport
    • 8th May 18, 10:23 PM
    *****pcn notice apcoa parking birmingham airport 8th May 18 at 10:23 PM
    I Received a PCN dated for the 2nd April at central terminal are at Birmingham airport. the letter states date of the 24th April which I didn't get the letter till May. the notice states " NOTICE IS HEREBY SERVED TO THE REGISTERED KEEPER OF VEHICLE REG ..... FOR ALLEGED CONTRAVENTION OF DROPPING OFF OR PICKING UP OUTSIDE DESIGNATED AREAS.
    there are four images which show the vehicle. which show me outside the vehicle as I have a 3 door car. you cannot see my face in any of the images just the back of me. can anyone help or send me details of the appeal letter which I can send as I have not sent an appeal yet. the fine is for 50 and then states will go to 100
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 10:25 PM
    • 61,584 Posts
    • 74,479 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th May 18, 10:25 PM
    • 8th May 18, 10:25 PM
    can anyone help or send me details of the appeal letter which I can send
    Welcome!

The NEWBIES FAQS thread (2 clicks back where you hit 'new thread') gives you that appeal, and you will win as long as you say nothing about who was driving.

No link given to the NEWBIES thread, I already explain where to click, below...as long as you are not trying to view the forum on a phone it is easy to hop about.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 8th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 24,458 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 8th May 18, 10:28 PM
    edit post #1 and remove any hint of who was in the vehicle (or driving)

a keeper is not liable

look for recent apcoa birmingham POPLA wins and DO THE SAME AS THEY DID , STARTING WITH AN APPEAL AS KEEPER USING THE TEMPLATE IN POST #1 OF THE NEWBIES FAQ STICKY THREAD

its people ho might blab about who was driving who have the most to lose

APCOA will throw the towel in when your appeal goes to popla later on

WHAT HAPPENED ON THE DAY IS NOT RELEVANT
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Super_S
    • By Super_S 9th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Super_S
    • 9th May 18, 1:08 PM
    Appeal
    • 9th May 18, 1:08 PM
    Just to make sure I have the correct appeal is this the one?

Template appeal for BPA or IPC members - copy this wording into the online appeal box::

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I appeal and dispute your purported 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny liability and consider the PCN an absolute disgrace and pure intimidation.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there any agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require the following information with your rejection letter:

1. Please provide dated photos of the signs on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    2. Please provide all images taken of this vehicle on that day, at the material location.

I will use POPLA (if offered) not the 'IAS' which has been exposed in Parliament as compromised by a conflict of interests with the IPC. The BPA were also heavily criticised and both appeals systems were condemned - hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admitted in recent years to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and saying on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog). Firms of your ilk were unanimously criticised in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18).

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint about your predatory and aggressive conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Yours faithfully,
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,442 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 9th May 18, 1:11 PM
    There is only one appeal as keeper in #1 of the FAQs

Yes you use it
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 19,413 Posts
    • 30,678 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 9th May 18, 3:18 PM
    Just to make sure I have the correct appeal is this the one?
    Was there another one, causing you some confusion and indecision?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 4:03 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 24,458 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 18, 4:03 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:03 PM
    you still have no edited post #1 , despite being told to do so

when asking for help, you need to follow the exact advice given by the regulars here , all of it

there was only one template , so a choice of just the one, which means it had to be the correct template - use it, as keeper
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,867Posts Today

7,138Users online

Martin's Twitter