Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Atowers
    • By Atowers 8th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Atowers
    Virgin Media - Contract Auto Enrolment
    • 8th May 18, 10:05 PM
    Virgin Media - Contract Auto Enrolment 8th May 18 at 10:05 PM
    Hi everyone, assistance needed.

On the 10th April I received a call from virgin media trying to sell me additional packages etc. On the call I stressed this was not something I was interested in and the lady didnít give up. After the call I received an email with a contract to Ďreview and signí. Obviously I didnít sign or review this as I was not interested.
    Today I have received a bill for the new amount and obviously rang them to complain. Their stance is that they work in a way that if the contract isnít disputed within 14 days of receiving it, a customer is automatically enrolled into a contract even though nothing has been signed.

To cancel this new Ďcontractí it would cost me £240 which obviously is disgusting.

Any assistance/help/guidance is hugely welcomed.

Aaron
Page 1
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 8th May 18, 11:37 PM
    • 1,631 Posts
    • 630 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 8th May 18, 11:37 PM
    • 8th May 18, 11:37 PM
    Why, if you received 'confirmation' of a new contract you hadn't asked for or agreed to, didn't you challenge it immediately ?
    You should be able to ask VM to listen to the call where this new deal was discussed, if you obviously didn't agree to whatever they signed you up to, then they should put you back to the position you were previously in, but if they said something along the lines of ' we will sign you up, don't worry , if after thinking about it you don't want to proceed, just call back within the cooling of period and we will cancel the changes' and you didn't call back within that period, you may find that they consider you to have agreed to this new deal, even if you don't agree.
    They should review the call between you and them, and possibly provide a transcript of it, if you request it.
    TBH , they don't send you the 'contract' for you to review and sign, a contract agreed verbally is still a contract, if you thought if I don't sign and return it, then it's not legit, isn't the case, they don't need you to sign anything.
    Last edited by iniltous; 08-05-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin