Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsAverageMan
    • By MrsAverageMan 8th May 18, 10:01 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MrsAverageMan
    Tuffnells Shambolic Service
    • 8th May 18, 10:01 PM
    Tuffnells Shambolic Service 8th May 18 at 10:01 PM
    Hi all, just a warning for anyone who is considering to use Tuffnells for any purpose. Stay away, please look elsewhere, anywhere elsewhere.

I put a review of them on TrustPilot, so I will copy and paste that so you can get a grasp of what has happened.

"Ordered a set of 4 tyres from blackcircles.com. They should have been here next day delivery, but here I am still waiting for them over a week after I had ordered them. The first time they tried to deliver, fair enough, I wasn't in - no matter, I was sure that they would deliver the next day like it said on the calling card they left. Unfortunately not, no one turned up and no calling card was left. After calling the local depot, they were adamant that a delivery had been attempted. This I struggled to believe since no calling card had been left. Because of this, I had to arrange a delivery for the day after, as it had been handed back to the depot. I was in all day of the next scheduled delivery, and guess what? No one turned up, despite receiving an ETA from the local depot. I called again for them to tell me that the driver had arrived back at the depot. I then ended the call by asking if I could collect the parcel from the depot. The guy on the phone said he would put an email out asking to hold my parcel back for collection tomorrow. I went down to collect the parcel for them to tell me it had been loaded onto the truck for delivery 3 days later (because of the bank holiday weekend.) Feel like I've wasted a week of my life waiting for this parcel to turn up. I have been assured by the guy at the local depot reception that my parcel will be prioritised, but I can only feel like he is just saying that. Only time will tell if they arrive tomorrow. I despise this company based on recent service and would advise businesses and individuals to stay well clear of this courier. The worst part is, through all of this, there is no online tracking available for customers, only for businesses who ship the items. Sort it out!

UPDATE, 08/05/18: - Rang them again asking if they could give me an ETA of my delivery for them to tell me that the van carrying my shipment had broken down this morning - getting very annoyed now. They checked and said that another courier had picked up my tires and that they could not give me any tracking. I had my hopes up though since someone other than Tuffnells is said to be delivering. My hopes were very slowly let down after they also failed to turn up. Let's see what Wednesday brings...

One word. Shambolic."

Also if anyone could tell me the best way to deal with this, that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 8th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 16,165 Posts
    • 12,206 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 8th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 8th May 18, 10:05 PM
    A few more paragraphs would help
    • MrsAverageMan
    • By MrsAverageMan 8th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrsAverageMan
    • 8th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 8th May 18, 10:24 PM
    A few more paragraphs would help
    Originally posted by hollydays
    As in, split the existing text up a little?
    • Gram Parsons
    • By Gram Parsons 9th May 18, 4:55 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    Gram Parsons
    • 9th May 18, 4:55 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:55 PM
    Did you get your tyres? I have worked for Tuffnells for many years and I'm sickened by the decline.
    "Another courier" will mean they have got drivers/vans from a third party to deliver on Tuffnells behalf.
    • MrsAverageMan
    • By MrsAverageMan 9th May 18, 5:04 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrsAverageMan
    • 9th May 18, 5:04 PM
    • 9th May 18, 5:04 PM
    Did you get your tyres? I have worked for Tuffnells for many years and I'm sickened by the decline.
    "Another courier" will mean they have got drivers/vans from a third party to deliver on Tuffnells behalf.
    Originally posted by Gram Parsons
    I rang today as my parcel had not been delivered AGAIN, and I was told that a delivery had been attempted at 13:35 -ish. I was out of the house at this time, bloody typical, but no calling card had been left. So realistically, they may as well have not turned up at all unless they leave a calling card.

Told my father who would be fitting the tyres for me, along with new alloys and lowering springs and he said that he would attempt to collect them today. To my surprise he actually got them

So yeah, in the end, I did get my tyres, but it took a nice chunk of work to get them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

300Posts Today

3,359Users online

Martin's Twitter