Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th May 18, 8:35 PM
    • 4,058Posts
    • 55,530Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Motor insurance and CCTV
    • 8th May 18, 8:35 PM
    Motor insurance and CCTV 8th May 18 at 8:35 PM
    Hi

I am a regular poster on another thread and looking for advice

I had an accident recently which the police attend by chance and they confirmed that the CCTV footage showed the other driver responsible

The insurance company have stated that as the police have not replied therefore the claim will be classed as 50/50

I was in a box junction and the other driver in a filter lane She changed her mind about turning and crossed heavy a white marked area to drive straight on and crashed into me

I feel this is unfair and wonder how to progress

Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 37,266 Posts
    • 21,415 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 8th May 18, 8:48 PM
    Police cannot confirm liability (a civil issue, not criminal matter)

Whenever you are unhappy with your insurer your route is a formal complaint in line with their complaints policy which will be set out in the policy docs.

Then If you are unhappy with the reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication all at no cost to you

If this does end up 50/50 then you can reclaim 50% of all your uninsured losses (including your excess) from the third party insurer
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th May 18, 9:01 PM
    • 4,058 Posts
    • 55,530 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    • 8th May 18, 9:01 PM
    • 8th May 18, 9:01 PM
    Police cannot confirm liability (a civil issue, not criminal matter)

Whenever you are unhappy with your insurer your route is a formal complaint in line with their complaints policy which will be set out in the policy docs.

Then If you are unhappy with the reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication all at no cost to you

If this does end up 50/50 then you can reclaim 50% of all your uninsured losses (including your excess) from the third party insurer
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks. I was expecting the police to realease the cctv footage to the insurance company. I am sure that is what the police person said. I cannot as an individual request it but the insurers can

Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,604Posts Today

8,304Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin