Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 8th May 18, 7:28 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 103Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Question about P.O. Online Saver Application
    • 8th May 18, 7:28 PM
    Question about P.O. Online Saver Application 8th May 18 at 7:28 PM
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone advise how long it took for the account to be opened please?

My partner and I applied for sole accounts on Sunday and we both got an automated response advising they need to perform account opening checks.

Thanks in advance...
Page 1
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 10th May 18, 1:53 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    • 10th May 18, 1:53 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:53 PM
    I can now answer my own question in the hope it may help anyone going through this process.

We both received an email late last night advising that the account is open but the initial deposit has not been made.

There are instructions on how to do this but no information about how we get login details.

I am sure it would not be difficult to include useful information in one email or on the website.

It reminds me of an olden style !!!8220;job creation!!!8221; process where many people did what one person could easily do!

The waiting continues...
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 10th May 18, 2:36 PM
    • 6,677 Posts
    • 17,913 Thanks
    EachPenny
    • 10th May 18, 2:36 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:36 PM
    There are instructions on how to do this but no information about how we get login details.
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    You should get a number of letters arriving in the post in the next few days. One will give your login ID, another will have a six digit security number, you'll need both before you can get online.

Good luck
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 10th May 18, 4:58 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 10th May 18, 4:58 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:58 PM
    I can now answer my own question in the hope it may help anyone going through this process.

We both received an email late last night advising that the account is open but the initial deposit has not been made.

I am sure it would not be difficult to include useful information in one email or on the website.

It reminds me of an olden style !!!8220;job creation!!!8221; process where many people did what one person could easily do!

The waiting continues...
    And will continue once you can access the account, deposit took 36 hours and withdrawal took 24 hours unlike others who use faster processing. Personally I opened another account with Tesco same saving rate but much quicker all round.
    Last edited by Inner Zone; 10-05-2018 at 5:00 PM.
    • sparkiemalarkie
    • By sparkiemalarkie 10th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    sparkiemalarkie
    • 10th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 10th May 18, 5:00 PM
    This happened to me too and I phone them up and was given the details over the phone
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 10th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    • 10th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 10th May 18, 10:24 PM
    You should get a number of letters arriving in the post in the next few days. One will give your login ID, another will have a six digit security number, you'll need both before you can get online.

Good luck
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    Thank you very much for the information and for the good wishes EachPenny
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 10th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    • 10th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 10th May 18, 10:28 PM
    And will continue once you can access the account, deposit took 36 hours and withdrawal took 24 hours unlike others who use faster processing. Personally I opened another account with Tesco same saving rate but much quicker all round.
    Originally posted by Inner Zone
    Thanks for the information Inner Zone.

If you are familiar with another commonly discussed topic on the forum you will understand why this is a necessary option for us...
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 10th May 18, 10:29 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    • 10th May 18, 10:29 PM
    • 10th May 18, 10:29 PM
    This happened to me too and I phone them up and was given the details over the phone
    Originally posted by sparkiemalarkie
    Thanks for sharing this Sparkiemalarkie, I appreciate it.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 11th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 11th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 11th May 18, 11:19 AM

If you are familiar with another commonly discussed topic on the forum you will understand why this is a necessary option for us...
    Care to supply a link?
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 11th May 18, 11:36 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    The speed of deposits depends on how you make them. By faster payment or standing order they are same day, debit card next working day and direct debit 3 working days (except for the first payment which needs to have 10 days notice before it can be taken). Don't know what method you use for 36 hours?
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 11th May 18, 1:12 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Care to supply a link?
    Letís just say Tesco was not going to provide me with the solution for my requirement
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 12th May 18, 12:56 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    Inner Zone

Letís just say Tesco was not going to provide me with the solution for my requirement
    So now it's a secret?
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 12th May 18, 11:56 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    So now it's a secret?
    Not at all. There have been hundreds of posts across several threads, many of which explain the benefit of the P.O. Online Saver...
    • KingL
    • By KingL 13th May 18, 4:29 AM
    • 1,653 Posts
    • 751 Thanks
    KingL
    .... direct debit 3 working days (except for the first payment which needs to have 10 days notice before it can be taken).
    Originally posted by AirlieBird
    that's ten working, days, so more like two weeks in real terms. Then if you are setting up a monthly DD, the first paydate must be at least another 4 working days out from there.

There is some stuff about vagaries in the online app here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5734632&page=29#579

• A Phoenix of Tangerine
    • By A Phoenix of Tangerine 13th May 18, 7:13 AM
    • 865 Posts
    • 1,210 Thanks
    A Phoenix of Tangerine
    So now it's a secret?
    I assume OP is talking about being able to use the PO account to create Direct Debits in order to satisfy the requirements of bank account switching, for rewards (which you are no longer able to do with the Tosco saver). Why the secrecy, I'm not sure..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

1,097Users online

Martin's Twitter