Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eve31
    • By eve31 8th May 18, 5:42 PM
    • 78Posts
    • 28Thanks
    eve31
    Applying for student finance for both me and my daughter at the same time
    • 8th May 18, 5:42 PM
    Applying for student finance for both me and my daughter at the same time 8th May 18 at 5:42 PM
    Before I start the applications, I wanted to understand if there are any pitfalls I need to be aware of.

My daughter will start her second year at Uni in September, I have to renew her student finance application, I'm a single parent with a relatively low income. She has a physical disability so gets the disabled grant element, student course fees and maintenance loan.

I am about to embark on my first year of my degree in September, and need to apply for my own student finance and maintenance loan. I will continue in my job and working around my degree, even so I have to reduce hours hence needing the maintenance loan.

Will I run into any issues with two parallel applications?

Thanks for any insight anyone can give me.
Page 1
    • Starrystarrynight1
    • By Starrystarrynight1 10th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    Starrystarrynight1
    • 10th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:18 AM
    You should be absolutely fine. When you apply on your own behalf, you just use the same 11 digit ID number you use to 'attach' your own details to your daughter's application.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
    • eve31
    • By eve31 11th May 18, 7:36 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    eve31
    • 11th May 18, 7:36 AM
    • 11th May 18, 7:36 AM
    Thats great thanks for the reassurance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,522Posts Today

8,477Users online

Martin's Twitter