Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Evertrying
    • By Evertrying 8th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Evertrying
    TalkTalk problems - again
    • 8th May 18, 5:03 PM
    TalkTalk problems - again 8th May 18 at 5:03 PM
    At the beginning of the year, I moved up to a faster Broadband with TalkTalk. Received the new router but no joy with the Internet connection - hardly any speed when there was any sort of connection - phone was OK though. After 6 weeks of complaining to TalkTalk, I eventually got a visit from an OpenReach technician who quickly diagnosed a problem with the incoming wiring connections. Having remade the connections in my external connection box (where wire comes from telegraph pole) - amazing there was 37-40 Mbits and all was good.
    This morning I noticed that the cover for this outside junction box had fallen off leaving the connections exposed to the elements.
    Contacting TalkTalk, they said that they couldn't do anything if I wasn't actually having any phone/internet connections - I should contact OpenReach. Talking to OpenReach, they said they can only take instructions from the service provider.
    So I am left with an open junction box and could get problems next time it rains, etc.
    Who should be responsible? Why should I have to wait until problems occur before anything can be done? Surely it must be better to prevent a problem before it occurs rather than waiting for the inevitable problems to start and go through the difficulties of contacting TalkTalk and getting something done?
    Pathetic - I will be leaving TalkTalk when I can afford to do so.
Page 1
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 8th May 18, 5:26 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 8th May 18, 5:26 PM
    • 8th May 18, 5:26 PM
    You can report some things directly to Openreach, normally if it's safety related, for example if you saw an overhead cable had been brought down from a pole and was lying in the road.
    Although it's pushing it to suggest a cover off a box at the top of a pole is a 'safety' issue, you could use the same reporting process to bring it to OR's attention...check out OR's site
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,983Posts Today

7,318Users online

Martin's Twitter