Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 8th May 18, 4:06 PM
    • 115Posts
    • 39Thanks
    radoslaff
    0 WOW
    Flybe misselling tickets
    • 8th May 18, 4:06 PM
    0 WOW
    Flybe misselling tickets 8th May 18 at 4:06 PM
    A couple of months ago my wife had to fly from Cologne to Manchester using Flybe. We bought the ticket from their website and everything was OK. She had to fly via Southend. Nothing unusual though 65 minutes between both flights seemed a little tight but still no red light. When she arrived at the Cologne airport they refused to check in her luggage to Manchester and she was told that she would have to self transfer her luggage at the Southend airport (Nothing like that on the ticket and nothing like that during the whole process of booking and paying for the flight). So she refused to check in because we thought it would be impossible for her to self transfer with 65 minutes between flights (provided the first flight was on time). I called Flybe customer service and initially they said they didn't know anything about this, after holding me on the phone for about half an hour and talking to her managers the girl told me this was Cologne Airportís policy and they would check it. And she told me my wife needed to check in and self transfer and there was nothing they could do. Then I asked what if in this case she misses her flight to Manchester? I was told that in this case this would have been my wifeís problem because they wouldnít have been responsible for this. I absolutely rejected to accept this outcome, told them that if we had known for the self transfer we would have never booked this flight and asked them for a solution. After talking to her managers again, the girl told me that the only solution they could provide was a later flight to Manchester 4 hours after the original one and if we wanted to take it she would book my wife free of charge (YEAH, REALLY!). Well, we had no choice but accept this and then I told them that we werenít happy and we would seek compensation for making my wife stay high and dry for four more hours in the middle of nowhere. They said we could do that after the flight. I was authorised by my wife to act on her behalf and contacted Flybe 3 times within a month because they didnít seem to bother themselves. Finally they replied and transferred this to their franchise Stobart Air that had operated the flight. I didnít really care about the Stobart because I never bought any tickets from them and the agreements between both companies are not my problem but anyway I wanted to see what would happen. So what happened was that Stobart rejected the claim with the reasoning that we agreed to the change and there was a text buried somewhere in the Flybe T&Cs saying that Southend Airport has no facilities for luggage transfer. This may be so, but it was not obvious during the booking so Iím going to try my chances. So I have several questions and assumptions:

• I actually need to continue chasing Flybe and ignore Stobart because I never had anything bought from Stobart, is that right?
    • I was forced to accept this change facing the alternative of my wife being left by herself in the other end of the country so they owe me one here.
    • The most important question is what is my next step after they tell me that they reject my claim in full? What is the authority that I can escalate it to?
    Itís very long, so thank you for reading.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
Page 2
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 9th May 18, 8:50 PM
    • 19,495 Posts
    • 45,207 Thanks
    peachyprice
    And a theatre, a pleasure park, a little train that goes along the (longest) pier!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • blindman
    • By blindman 9th May 18, 9:16 PM
    • 5,165 Posts
    • 4,183 Thanks
    blindman
    And a theatre, a pleasure park, a little train that goes along the (longest) pier!
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Literally streching the description of the long "jetty" as a Pier.

Only amusement on it is the cafe at the end where Jamie and Jimmy have their Friday night feast.

Basically this wooden structure is for getting to the ships that cannot get closer to the shore to offload oil(?)
    Last edited by blindman; 09-05-2018 at 9:18 PM.
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 9th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 3,514 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    phatbear
    And yours truly!

Basically this wooden structure is for getting to the ships that cannot get closer to the shore to offload oil(?)
    Originally posted by blindman
    Ermmmm nope where did you get that nugget of info from?
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 9th May 18, 9:32 PM
    • 19,495 Posts
    • 45,207 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Literally streching the description of the long "jetty" as a Pier.

Only amusement on it is the cafe at the end where Jamie and Jimmy have their Friday night feast.

Originally posted by blindman
    Well firstly it's not wooden and hasn't been since 1887!

Then there's the pavilion. The lifeboat station, visitor centre and shop. The pier museum. You can even get married there.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 9th May 18, 10:17 PM
    • 3,514 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    phatbear
    Well firstly it's not wooden and hasn't been since 1887!

But "intrestingly" Southend is twinned with Sopot in Poland which has the longest all wooden pier in the.world!
    • photome
    • By photome 10th May 18, 6:53 AM
    • 13,289 Posts
    • 8,839 Thanks
    photome
    If the OP is still reading and relaying the info to his wife, she must now be regretting she didnt take a layover in Saafend and visit all the places mentioned
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 10th May 18, 9:39 AM
    • 3,514 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    phatbear
    If the OP is still reading and relaying the info to his wife, she must now be regretting she didnt take a layover in Saafend and visit all the places mentioned
    Originally posted by photome

I concur!!!
    • SandC
    • By SandC 11th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 3,780 Posts
    • 5,596 Thanks
    SandC
    I can't help the OP in any way further than the rest of you have.

But I really really want to visit Southend now! :-)
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 11th May 18, 12:02 PM
    • 2,934 Posts
    • 2,036 Thanks
    EssexExile
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Jono111
    • By Jono111 11th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jono111
    I can't help the OP in any way further than the rest of you have.

But I really really want to visit Southend now! :-)
    Originally posted by SandC
    I believe if you fly from cologne to Manchester you can get up to four hours to look around Southend during the stopover.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,467Posts Today

5,243Users online

Martin's Twitter