Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Soldier10
    • By Soldier10 8th May 18, 3:36 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Soldier10
    Euro car parks
    • 8th May 18, 3:36 PM
    Euro car parks 8th May 18 at 3:36 PM
    Hi there, I have read through the newbie section but couldnít find answers to the scenario Iím in.
    I drive a taxi and parked in a Sainsburyís car park for longer than is allowed.
    I rent the taxi off a friend who is the registered keeper. He received a pcn from them requesting £70. The problem is he has emailed them on the appeals email address to notify them that I was the driver and provided my address. He hasnít had any confirmation from them acknowledging his email and I havenít received any letter from them. What can you suggest as the best course of action to take.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 3:45 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,082 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th May 18, 3:45 PM
    • 8th May 18, 3:45 PM
    Wait for a letter to arrive in your name.

Then appeal but not as driver but as lessee/hirer, which you are. A lessee/hirer can't lose at POPLA stage because ECP won't send the documents that Notice to Hirer requires.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Soldier10
    • By Soldier10 8th May 18, 4:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Soldier10
    • 8th May 18, 4:58 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I just don!!!8217;t want anything to come back on the registered keeper as he!!!8217;s applying for a mortgage at the moment and the last thing he needs is debt collectors at his front door!

I take it that when I receive the letter, to reply online and use which template?

Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 5:02 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,082 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th May 18, 5:02 PM
    • 8th May 18, 5:02 PM
    Debt collectors re a PCN like this, can't come to his door, nor affect his credit rating.

I take it that when I receive the letter, to reply online and use which template?
    Use the lessee/hirer one written by Edna Basher, it's near the end of the first post in the NEWBIES thread, in the section about lease/hired cars (which yours is because you rent it).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Soldier10
    • By Soldier10 8th May 18, 5:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Soldier10
    • 8th May 18, 5:09 PM
    • 8th May 18, 5:09 PM
    Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,455Posts Today

7,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin