Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • laur3en1
    • By laur3en1 8th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    laur3en1
    Proof of credit card paid off - Halifax Mortgage
    • 8th May 18, 3:18 PM
    Proof of credit card paid off - Halifax Mortgage 8th May 18 at 3:18 PM
    Hi, Can anyone help? I have had an offer from Halifax on a new build that is not due to complete until November. One of the terms of my mortgage offer was that I clear my credit card by completion.

I use this credit card for work etc but have no issue with paying it off by then. Do you know how they confirm this? Do they just ask for a screen shot of your balance? If they check credit file, that is always 2 months behind so won't be accurate?

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks,

Laura
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 8th May 18, 4:00 PM
    • 7,667 Posts
    • 7,807 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 8th May 18, 4:00 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:00 PM
    I might be out of date, but my past experience with Halifax is that:

(a) it's to be paid off no later than completion i.e. you can pay it at the same time as completion

(b) they don't check and don't ask your solicitor to check either.
    • Neutrinno
    • By Neutrinno 8th May 18, 4:59 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    Neutrinno
    • 8th May 18, 4:59 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:59 PM
    They may ask for the acting solicitors to evidence it.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • restless6
    • By restless6 8th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    restless6
    • 8th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 8th May 18, 7:27 PM
    I had the same as part of my mortgage and paid the card off and then nobody asked for proof
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 8th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 7,667 Posts
    • 7,807 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 8th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 8th May 18, 8:03 PM
    They may ask for the acting solicitors to evidence it.
    Originally posted by Neutrinno
    They never used to. It was just left as a condition in the mortgage offer which the customer was trusted to comply with.
    • laur3en1
    • By laur3en1 8th May 18, 8:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    laur3en1
    • 8th May 18, 8:43 PM
    • 8th May 18, 8:43 PM
    Thanks so much for this,

Laura
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,012Posts Today

7,211Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin