Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MarkW1986
    • By MarkW1986 8th May 18, 2:14 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MarkW1986
    Council PCN?
    • 8th May 18, 2:14 PM
    Council PCN? 8th May 18 at 2:14 PM
    Hi,

I recently received a parking charge notice from a local council in England.

I was parked in a permit zone without the use of a permit. On the actual PCN, the details of the car are as they should be. However, the registration they have noted is incorrect.

Iím worrying a bit as to whether to ignore as the reg is incorrect. Am I right in thinking they will get my details from the DVLA with the registration?
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th May 18, 2:24 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 2,980 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 8th May 18, 2:24 PM
    • 8th May 18, 2:24 PM
    If the reg is wrong, then my undersstanding is that the PCN is a nullity as far as you are concerned.
    How wrong is it?
    THis forum,a s you will see from reading it, is better with pure private tickets. Go to pepipoo.com and register there - no hotmail addresses! - and post up ALL sies of PCN, dont blank out much - get a cluebase don others.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,925 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:08 PM
    Yep, a wrong VRN on a Council PCN is fatal to its enforcement. As long as you are the keeper on the V5 (not a company car) wait and see.

You can also post here for pepipoo's opinion:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

NO HOTMAIL EMAILS AND YOU MUST SHOW PICS OF BOTH SIDES OF THE PCN (YES, THE BACK).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MarkW1986
    • By MarkW1986 10th May 18, 5:13 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MarkW1986
    • 10th May 18, 5:13 PM
    • 10th May 18, 5:13 PM
    I thought I!!!8217;d do the right thing and phone up to pay..

Gets through, gave the PCN number but explained the reg was incorrect. They had a photo of my reg which confirmed the error. Put me on hold to speak with the officer who issued - they advised to disregard the PCN.

Bonus !!!55357;!!!56842;
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 1:23 AM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,925 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 1:23 AM
    • 11th May 18, 1:23 AM
    You were clearly advised:
    a wrong VRN on a Council PCN is fatal to its enforcement
    And you then decided the right thing was to try to PAY?! Wow, can we all have some money please, you know it's the right thing to do!

Seriously we know what we are doing, even with appealing Council PCNs there are a few of us on this forum with that knowledge too. I meant fatal - and they confirmed it, never due to be paid.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MarkW1986
    • By MarkW1986 11th May 18, 3:25 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MarkW1986
    • 11th May 18, 3:25 PM
    • 11th May 18, 3:25 PM
    It is crazy how things can work out.. deep down I did not want to pay it and I did not pay it in the end
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

1,639Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin