Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Luana
    • By Luana 8th May 18, 1:16 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Luana
    Barclays tech pack + travel pack + Blue rewards
    • 8th May 18, 1:16 PM
    Barclays tech pack + travel pack + Blue rewards 8th May 18 at 1:16 PM
    Hi, is this a good deal: paying Barclays 11 per month to get WW family travel insurance, mobile phones insurance, and gadget (tablet, photo cam, smart watch etc) insurance, plus 200 fee free overdraft?

The 11 means:

Barclays current account 24/month fee (= 3 blue rewards fee + 12.50 Tech Pack + 10.50 Travel Pack - 2 discount)

less

Blue Rewards 13/month* (7 for direct debits, 1 contents insurance, 5 mortgage)

*in the first year the blue rewards will be double (so it will be 26), as I plan to switch my Halifax account - which is my 2nd bank account - to Barclays.
    Last edited by Luana; 08-05-2018 at 1:48 PM. Reason: to shorten it :)
Page 1
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 8th May 18, 4:39 PM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 1,153 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 8th May 18, 4:39 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:39 PM
    It's good value if you need it and you can't get it cheaper elsewhere. We pay for the travel pack because one payment covers both of us with our joint account. Barclays use RAC for the cover, and for equivalent cover, if bought direct, it would be almost three times that amount.
    Can't speak for the tech pack as we don't have it.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • Skippy13
    • By Skippy13 8th May 18, 9:14 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Skippy13
    • 8th May 18, 9:14 PM
    • 8th May 18, 9:14 PM
    I have the tech pack and for me it's good value. My camera insurance was 13 a month on its own and for 12.50 I've covered the camera, my Apple Watch, both kindles and both our mobiles.

I've never claimed but my friend has and the service has been good.
    • Luana
    • By Luana 10th May 18, 9:40 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Luana
    • 10th May 18, 9:40 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:40 AM
    Thank you. I'm signing up for both packs - in year 1 it's a no-brainer. I did have the Barclays mobile insurance in the past, they used to offer it for 6.50/month as part of a packaged account. I claimed for phone loss and it worked well.

At the end of year 1, I guess I can re-evaluate...
    • benjus
    • By benjus 10th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    benjus
    • 10th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:29 PM
    It seems pretty good. My wife and I have a joint Co-op Privilege Premier account which gets us a similar package for 10/month (15.50 fee - 5.50 everyday rewards), although this account is no longer available to new customers. I think this is good value, so 11/month is also pretty good.
    Last edited by benjus; 10-05-2018 at 1:32 PM.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,383Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin