Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rumpetroll
    • By rumpetroll 8th May 18, 10:56 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rumpetroll
    Faulty sports watch but manufacturer claiming it's fine
    • 8th May 18, 10:56 AM
    Faulty sports watch but manufacturer claiming it's fine 8th May 18 at 10:56 AM
    I bought a sports watch (Suunto Spartan) for 219 online from W*ggle in November. In February I noticed that the heart rate sensor on it stopped working about 15 minutes in to every run I did, I was abroad until the end of March so when I returned back to the UK I sent it back to the online retailer for a refund, they then sent it to the manufacturer to have it checked out, and finally after about 3-4 weeks from me originally sending it to the shop the manufacturer has claimed that it is working correctly and so they are going to return the watch to me. However, I don't want the watch returned, I want a refund as I have already purchased a replacement (I was never happy with the quality of this particular watch so I upgraded to a Garmin).

I have all the logs from my runs that have been recorded on the suunto app/website that clearly show the sensor stopped recording my heart rate and the logs from before that where it recorded fine.

Where do I stand here, as far as I'm concerned the watch is faulty as it clearly isn't recording the heart rate correctly, but what if the manufacturer found a simple fault and fixed it but are now claiming that it's fine, or they just haven't managed to diagnose the fault correctly. I really just want a refund as I've been unhappy with the product from day 1.

Thanks
Page 1
    • rumpetroll
    • By rumpetroll 8th May 18, 11:02 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rumpetroll
    • 8th May 18, 11:02 AM
    • 8th May 18, 11:02 AM
    And coincidentally enough, as soon as I posted this I had an update from the shop:

We appreciate your points on this and as such I have passed the details of your case over to our complaints team for review. Having looked at the information supplied by yourself and also from the Suunto team they have advised that although we agree that there appears to be an issue from your data, there are many variables that can effect the results on this and also we cannot entirely disregard the Suunto teams findings. With these factors in mind we are willing to refund you in full by voucher for the Spartan watch. The vouchers are valid immediately from issue for 2 years and can be used in parts or as a whole where required. Please let me know if you are happy for me to go ahead with this?
    Now that's better than nothing but I'd much prefer a refund, do I have any rights to this, can I push for a refund?
    • OlliesDad
    • By OlliesDad 8th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 1,654 Thanks
    OlliesDad
    • 8th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 8th May 18, 12:41 PM
    If the item has been sent to Suunto and they deem it working correctly, you will need to prove otherwise (by way of a report from a professional) - have they advised the variables that cause the HRM to stop recording?

Even if they accept it is an inherent fault, they have the option of replacing the item instead. Do you shop regularly with Wiggle? If so, it may be worth just accepting the voucher.
    • rumpetroll
    • By rumpetroll 8th May 18, 4:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rumpetroll
    • 8th May 18, 4:28 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:28 PM
    Thanks for the reply OlliesDad, I guess it'll just be easier to accept this, I hadn't really planned on spending anything with them, but I suspect I'll be able to use up the voucher over the 2 years. It's just frustrating as I've been going round in circles with their support on this issue and would rather spend my money elsewhere to be honest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

1,712Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin