Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TightMike
    • By TightMike 8th May 18, 10:48 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 1Thanks
    TightMike
    Opening a Amazon Classic Mastercard credit card for the 20 reward
    • 8th May 18, 10:48 AM
    Opening a Amazon Classic Mastercard credit card for the 20 reward 8th May 18 at 10:48 AM
    I'm wondering whether it would be worth opening an Amazon Classic Mastercard credit card just for the 20 reward? I don't need the card so I wouldn't use it at all. Are there any drawbacks to this?

Page 2
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 9th May 18, 8:41 PM
    • 2,310 Posts
    • 1,288 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Thats the banks own scoring system based on the data on ones files.

Banks and lenders etc do not see the numbers generated by the CRAs that the public see (and should ignore).
    • StevieJ
    • By StevieJ 10th May 18, 9:07 AM
    • 19,389 Posts
    • 32,344 Thanks
    StevieJ
    I have just applied for this card, not just for the 20 but also the 1.5% effective cash back on Amazon purchases (as a Prime member). Seems pretty good to me, certainly worth a search on my credit file.
    Sorry just realised that the thread is about the Classic credit builder card.
    Last edited by StevieJ; 10-05-2018 at 9:10 AM.
    Government: "Should we get a pet?" 52%: "Yes" Government: "OK, we'll get a cat" 1/2 of 52%: "Oh no, I hate cats. I wanted a dog."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,048Posts Today

9,063Users online

Martin's Twitter