Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 8th May 18, 5:51 AM
    • 1,642Posts
    • 18,033Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Tuesday 8th May 2018
    • 8th May 18, 5:51 AM
    Old Style Daily Tuesday 8th May 2018 8th May 18 at 5:51 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 8th May 18, 10:58 AM
    • 3,871 Posts
    • 49,378 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    I hope your car repair isn't too expensive Floss
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 8th May 18, 11:21 AM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 11,723 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Hi everyone,
    Been absent for a while but still posting on a couple of other threads & reading the daily posts avidly

The weather in France was glorious for two days but now has gone back to freezing cold, cloudy & threatening rain

Holly, now you have discovered the secret to a good night’s sleep, I look forward to reading the continuing adventures of ‘Holly at the Seaside’ You are sounding more positive & I wish you continued success in your journey to serenity & happiness

JackieO, congrats to Holly & Tom - have you got your hat yet

As I have a poor memory + am so cold my fingers aren’t working properly may I just wish happy & successful days to all, improved health to all the poorlies & that any problems small or big can be resolved swiftly

Now have less than two weeks before DH & I, with DSis in tow, are back in London & we still have so much left to do Never Mind, sure it will all come out in the wash

Getter sadder by the day - I will miss the French homestead (been in the family for 25 years) & will miss our French ‘family’ but have some wonderful memories as well as some sad ones (DF & DM are buried together in the village cemetery

However, I need to look to the future - a new chapter - hopefully living in a small house with my DSis won’t put me into an early grave - Mind you I can always run away with my DH

Have a great day everyone

MrsSD
  • archived user
    Morning all,

sorry, not caught up with yesterdays thread i'll do so in a bit. My mission for the bank holiday was a complete success. Grump's idea of an ideal bank holiday was to go away but since he is counting the pennies at the moment i thought i'd try and show him we can have a lovely bank holiday at home.

We did a car boot, never seen so much tat being sold in one place but people were buying it! Grump came back with a couple of old style fluorescent tubes for his shed and the hounds had a little walk before it got too hot.

We did the garden centre. Well i did, he stayed in the motor with the air con on as we obviously wouldnt leave the hounds in the car and by this time it was a bit too hot to give them a walk....i wanted some advice on container growing an Acer/Japanese maple. Apparently you can bonsai them. Not that i'm that adventurous.

Sunday we went for a picnic by the river... well it was a few sandwiches and a bit of cake really but we were under some trees and it was quite nice. All the little jobs he wanted to do but hadnt got time he did and he went to bed quite satisfied (so he said).

We only argued once (over the trees ). I said they needed a trim, he said they didnt. If they get any wider we will have no lawn left.

We went to see the outlaws. Last time we saw them was in February and we came away wishing we hadnt gone but they were a little more upbeat this visit.

Hope I have not jinxed the good weather as I just ordered a new summer dress.
    Ive appreciated my two summer dresses over the last couple of days. I think i might have to get a third..brightly coloured or black? I'll have to think about that one. Brightly coloured, you will see me a mile off. Black, i'll blend in with the crowd.

Right, off to catch up with yesterdays thread. After ive put cream on my sunburnt neck.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 8th May 18, 12:02 PM
    • 572 Posts
    • 7,917 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Oh Judi....go for colour! Cheer up the world!....
  • archived user
    Oh Judi....go for colour! Cheer up the world!....
    Originally posted by TiredTrophy
    Bright it is then.

Prodigal has been and gone. He's a different man now he is on anti depressants. Smart jeans and a cotton short sleeved shirt. His mate has had a clear out. He's becoming a little less dependant.... he's taking his laundry back with him.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 8th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 4,901 Posts
    • 45,558 Thanks
    Floss
    I hope your car repair isn't too expensive Floss
    Originally posted by Hard Up Hester
    Thank you - just had a call from the garage...a new steering column is 3 x the cost of remove & repair by their autoelectrician so I think it's a no brainer to be working for nothing for the next 2 weeks

At least there was no other traffic around so no impact as a result of it failing on a roundabout
    • Floss
    • By Floss 8th May 18, 12:28 PM
    • 4,901 Posts
    • 45,558 Thanks
    Floss
    Judi thats good news about Prodigal
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 8th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 11,899 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hello all, I'm back
    We had a lovely time in Torbay, beautiful weather and great group of people, although we were the oldest there. DGS was happy too as he received another medal for his stash. There were teams from far and wide but the Welshies outnumbered everyone, however we all got on and had a good time .
    Too much food has been eaten and even Mr Fix It is all chipped out ! Never thought I'd hear him turn down any chips . I only had 2 ice creams , a 99 and a clotted cream one, so by the end of the weekend I was craving fruit and veg.
    Washing all done and dried but folded into the washing basket ready for sorting. That's tomorrows task as I have a pain in my back and I am having trouble sitting/standing for long. We called in Tes*o for milk, fruit and salad stuff so tea tonight will be a salad and then fruit for pudding as the diet has gone off the rails again .
    Hope everyone is well, will try to have a catch up tomorrow.
    Hugs to all xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 8th May 18, 4:32 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 22,785 Thanks
    csarina2
    We have a gardener!!! I phoned a chap this morning, he came to look at the garden, he is going to come whilst we are away and start.......I just hope it does not rain all the time we are away!! He is going to come for 2 hours every other week

It will take him a few weeks to get it sorted I can tell you.......DB is going to continue with his veg, so its the grass and borders for the gardener. I will plant up and look after the pots.

I phoned the council about the wet room floor again......having phoned and also sent the chap a text message and getting no reply, he is coming this evening after 5pm.

I decided on lamb casserole from the freezer for supper tonight.......by the time we get to the end of the week, all the ready meals I have frozen will need to be replaced. Hey ho I see a big shop coming on when we get back from holiday.

Its been another very warm day, towels dried, we had morning and afternoon tea as well as lunch in the garden.
  • archived user
    Welcome back Nannywindow . Ive just taken the beloved hounds out for a drag (i have to drag Ginge these days) as the sky was beginning to cloud over, got back just in time as its started to rain.

Evening in front of the telly for me tonight.

Have a good evening all.
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 8th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 5,003 Posts
    • 48,556 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Good evening all,

It has been a 4th lovely day here, although not quite as warm as before......I love heat, even if I can't sit in the sun.

Met one of my oldest friends for lunch in an heritage centre in her village, very interesting place, lunch was in the vegan restaurant there....my friend paid as an early birthday gift for me as we won't meet in the meantime. Both OH an I were impressed, will return.

Got the results of our blood tests today.....my cholesterol is 5.00, doctor wants me to take a cholesterol tablet.....I am unwilling as once you start those you can't go back, what scares me though is that I am pre diabetic so need to lose some weight asap, so need to take action PDQ.

T ake care everybody

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,834Posts Today

9,004Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin