Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davidpiter98
    • By davidpiter98 8th May 18, 5:04 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    davidpiter98
    Incorrect Advice from OR - Urgent Advice
    • 8th May 18, 5:04 AM
    Incorrect Advice from OR - Urgent Advice 8th May 18 at 5:04 AM
    have a quick query as it's something that is causing me major issues and I am losing sleep over it.
    On 20th March I went bankrupt. I had over 35,000 worth of debt from about 4 years ago. Finally taken the steps required to deal with it.
    Quick background : Met my now wife ( Married last year ) In 2015. Didn't tell her about my debt problems, just ignored them and buried my head in the sand. Any way I started to transfer my wages into her SOLE account, so we could try and save money in order to achieve our goal of moving to Australia. I just used her card when I needed money.
    Fast forward to now, I came clean to her about my money problems as I wanted to deal with them before moving to Australia on 3rd April 2018 She was quite rightly upset and angry and felt betrayed, and I cant blame her. Long story short, we had about 3500 in her own account, majority hers, some of mine from my wages ( couldn't tell you how much though ) . We paid the bankruptcy fee and filed for bankruptcy. It was signed off the next day and I was bankrupt. I finally felt a huge relief and pressure of my shoulders. OR phoned a few days later and arranged a telephone interview date for 27th March, which I was happy about.
    Whilst waiting for the interview, I sold my old Ford Mondeo which was on its last legs for 900. I kept the transferred money in my wifes account just in case the OR wanted to know about it ( wasn't sure ) and because the 900 was needed for rent deposit and for an old car In Australia.
Page 1
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 8th May 18, 7:27 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    haggis0073
    • 8th May 18, 7:27 AM
    • 8th May 18, 7:27 AM
    whats the query you have?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 8th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 15,747 Posts
    • 14,804 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 8th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 8th May 18, 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the background, now what's your question ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 8th May 18, 1:16 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 8th May 18, 1:16 PM
    • 8th May 18, 1:16 PM
    Oh come on Guys he was off to a new life in Oz in April..yet still filled for BR.

Hmmm when i clear off to south east asia in a few years i wont careless about any and all debts.

One way trip..lol
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 8th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 3,748 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    • 8th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 8th May 18, 1:29 PM
    Oh come on Guys he was off to a new life in Oz in April..yet still filled for BR.

Hmmm when i clear off to south east asia in a few years i wont careless about any and all debts.

One way trip..lol
    Originally posted by Samsung_Note2

me neither.... or when i pop my clogs, to coin a phrase

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Dont worry, be happy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,198Posts Today

8,114Users online

Martin's Twitter