Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 7th May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Mr. C
    Lbccc parking eye please help
    • 7th May 18, 5:57 PM
    Lbccc parking eye please help 7th May 18 at 5:57 PM
    Hi everybody I'm a full time carer for two elderly being chased by this parking scum any help appriciated. The driver parked at freemans park Leicester and paid fro 3 hours parking. Due to being distressed it took driver 15 minute to leave. Parking eye PE issued a fine of 60 then 100 and now a LBCCC.
    I have contacted the pub which sits in front of carpark and spoke to someone in management who assured me it would get sorted back when it was just £60. That person left me their mobile who I contacted a few weeks later. She had resigned but told me she had sorted but I could speak to her colleague who is still working there . I then contacted pub again they said they would contact PE and try to get cancelled this then got to£100. Checked with PE again after receiving LBCCC . They said pub had contacted but they will not cancel. I then contacted pub again and was told to drop off a copy of the letter and they would see what they could do. I'm very stressed about getting a ccj on driver. Have read fourum newbie thread also still confused should I reply with letter similar to one suggested by loadsofchilderen123 in the following thread
    Can't post url SMART PARKING DRP charge shock

Please help I'm on the verge of paying too much stress
    Last edited by Mr. C; 08-05-2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: mistake
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 7th May 18, 6:04 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 1,523 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 7th May 18, 6:04 PM
    • 7th May 18, 6:04 PM
    1. Make cup of tea and drink it.
    2. Calm down
    3. No one gets a ccj UNLESS the court orders it and you fail to pay within the prescribed time.
    4. Read the Newbies thread to understand what must happen now, particularly post #2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 18,096 Posts
    • 22,880 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 7th May 18, 6:10 PM
    yes reply either adapting the LBC by LOC123, or by adapting the daniel san letter , or look in various RECENT threads on here for well worded LBC letters and adapt one of those instead

this is classed as an overstay and the BPA CoP clause #13 covers the two periods before and after a parking period , so say 5 minutes to park up and read the signs and they say 10 minutes OR MORE to leave the car park after the parking period finishes

so 13 minutes is within those 2 options added together, meaning it should be a part of any rebuttal and they should be told it may be used in any court case too

ps:- it did not take the driver 13 minutes to leave, the 13 minutes is the alleged overstay period , whereas the time to park up , read the signs and pay plus the time to leave added together are actually the GRACE PERIODS and not part of the "parking time" the driver paid for, so the driver fully paid for their "parking time" which was 3 full hours of "parking time" - so when the vehicle was stationary in a bay and actually "parked"

ie:- they should comply with their own BPA CoP, which has now been reworded to say MUST but may have been worded differently when this parking incident occurred

you can see how this won at popla not long ago in this thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5747313

try to get the pub to issue a witness statement asap, in writing , signed and dated, to say that they asked for this to be cancelled and do not wish it to go to court

if they say it is a landowner or managing agent that must do this, find out who they are (ie:- who contracted PE ?) and get them to do it

do this asap, dont sit on it , the more ammunition you get , in writing , the better (not phone calls)
    Last edited by Redx; 07-05-2018 at 7:56 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th May 18, 7:25 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th May 18, 7:25 PM
    • 7th May 18, 7:25 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 35,561 Posts
    • 19,761 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 7th May 18, 7:53 PM
    @ Mr C

Throughout here as well as in the newbies FAQ the advice is never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your OP to remove details of who was driving

The PPCs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th May 18, 11:28 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th May 18, 11:28 PM
    • 7th May 18, 11:28 PM
    should I reply with letter similar to one suggested by loadsofchilderen123 in the following thread. Can't post url SMART PARKING DRP charge shock
    No.

As this is a LBC from ParkingEye, this is a chance to email them IN THE NAME OF THE KEEPER (THE OLD PERSON NAMED ON THE PCN, NOT YOU) and they WILL reply:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

I'm a full time carer for two elderly being chased by this parking scum any help appriciated. The driver parked at freemans park Leicester and paid fro 3 hours parking. Due to being distressed it took driver 13 minute to leave. Parking eye PE issued a fine of 60 then 100 and now a LBCCC.
    If you are a carer, you must know what medical conditions the elderly couple have, that meet the definition of disability in the Equality Act 2010 which affect their mobility, cognitive and mental capacity and their daily life.

You are a third party so PE will NOT accept an email 'from you' so DON'T do that!

You just need to write one 'from him/her' (the keeper, as if you are them) and attach proof of their medical conditions and mobility/cognitive needs, as long as the couple agree.

State that a couple who meet the definition of disability cannot possibly be legally 'fined' for an alleged overstay of a few minutes, and remind PE of their duty as a service provider to comply with the EHRC Equality Act Code of Conduct which is statutory, not guidelines, and requires a reasonable adjustment of time for people with 'protected characteristics'.

If they reply fobbing 'him/her' off, reply again pointing out the BPA article about grace periods and observation periods (either side of parking time) needing to be adjusted for people with protected characteristics (use that phrase):

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/good-car-parking-practice-includes-grace-periods

Keep repeating that, whilst 10 minutes might be enough for an able bodied person, it is not for Mr and Mrs xxxxxx due to their medical conditions. And tell them that their carer has asked the pub to cancel the unfair PCN, and the pub want it cancelled.

(remember to write as if you are him/her, in the third person, and whether or not they have a Blue Badge is completely irrelevant).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-05-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    • 8th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 8th May 18, 10:30 AM
    Thankyou to all that replayed much appriciated. The name on the original pcn through post was in the name of the elderly but because of popla appeal the LBCCC has come in the name of driver. How do I go about this email do I put names in to email or just start with I the registered keeper of vehicle xxxxxx ......... very bad at letters but I'll try my best . Any templates would be useful thankyou in advance. Should I also worry about the 30 days only 3 days left LBCCC sent on 11 /4 .
    Last edited by Mr. C; 08-05-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Missed info
    • Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 12:03 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    • 8th May 18, 12:03 PM
    • 8th May 18, 12:03 PM
    Hi everyone I've just done a rough draft to my email reply would appreciate any feedback before I send it. It's very short and not sure if it'll be enough do I add that they are using anpr camera times ? And stuff about inadequate signs ? Also should I offer to pay amount that would cover 1 hours worth of parking ?

Edited

Parking eye reference: xxxxxx/xxxxx

In regards to vehicle xxxxxx I am in receipt of your letter before county court claim. I dispute the extortionate sum you are requesting for parking which was paid for. The vehicle is a motability vehicle for mr xxxx who is bed bound and paralysed with a number of medical conditions and mental health problems and Mrs xxxx who also has significant medical conditions which include vascular dementia and have had leg surgery for broken femur recently. The medical conditions they have meet the definition of disability in the Equality Act 2010 which affect our mobility, cognitive and mental capacity and daily life.

Thus they cannot possibly be legally 'fined' for an alleged overstay of a few minutes, and remind PE of their duty as a service provider to comply with the EHRC Equality Act Code of Conduct which is statutory, not guidelines, and requires a reasonable adjustment of time for people with 'protected characteristics'.

Although you have classed this as an alleged overstay the BPA CoP clause #13 covers the two periods before and after a parking period. This must include time to park up , read the signs and pay plus the time to leave added together are actually the GRACE PERIODS and not part of the "parking time" the driver paid for, so the driver fully paid for their "parking time" which was 3 full hours of "parking time" - i.e when the vehicle was stationary in a bay and actually "parked"
    so say 5 minutes to park up and read the signs and 10 minutes OR MORE to leave the car park after the parking period finishes, so 15 minutes is within those 2 options added together. ie:- you should comply with BPA CoP, which has now been reworded to say MUST include a grace period.

The carer for mr and Mrs xxx has also contacted the land owners and management of the pub located at the site who have also requested for this unfair pcn to be cancelled and the pub want it cancelled.

ANPR systems are not proportionate or suitable for car parks where a percentage of visitors are disabled and have a legal right to a longer period to go about their daily life. The Beavis case can be fully distinguished and you cannot lawfully charge me for any reasonable adjustment (and I am not talking about disabled bays, this is about an adjustment of time).

ParkingEye cannot lawfully charge any fee for the extra minutes we needed, as a direct result of our medical conditions. If you want to test that in court, go ahead but be advised, I will counter-claim under the Equality Act (EA) for damages and am already receiving advice to that end.

Do not reply giving me the old chestnut excuse that you ''didn't know'' about our protected characteristics, as I believe you had the audacity to sneak past a clueless Judge in at least one case last year. May I remind your Legal Department's Solicitor that her first duty is to the court, and that the breach of the EA in question in this case is 'indirect discrimination' of the disabled population 'at large'. For that illegality, there is no lawful excuse or justification that can be heard, that a service provider ''didn't know''.

You SHOULD have a policy in place in advance, to identify disabled visitors and it is your failing of your automated systems, that you breach the Equality Act in this reprehensible way. In fact it is your duty under the EA Code of Practice to consider the needs of people like me and adjust any policies that are rigid and unfair, and likely to cause harassment and a breach of the Act.

I attach proof of our/ their ? protected characteristics (medical letter/Blue Badge/etc) and if you sue me even though you 'knew or should have known' about our / their ? disabilities as a direct result of your staff reading this email before proceedings commence, I will involve the EHRC regarding disability discrimination and my MP, as well as making a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office because you now have no lawful excuse to continue to process my data, except to confirm this month without delay, that the unfair, discriminatory PCN is cancelled.

I will allow you to process the VRN data for one purpose - to add it to your white list at all locations where you infest car parks across the UK, so that we are never put through this again due to your company's despicable ignorance or wanton neglect of your legal duties as set out in the Equality Act.

Regards
    Who do I say from?

Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by Mr. C; 08-05-2018 at 8:22 PM. Reason: Wording
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th May 18, 5:45 PM
    • 35,561 Posts
    • 19,761 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th May 18, 5:45 PM
    • 8th May 18, 5:45 PM
    If the driver (not the keeper) has received the LBCCA, then it looks like the driver has been identified to PE.

All correspondence needs to now come from the driver as it is the driver who will be pursued not the keeper
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 6:00 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    the LBCCC has come in the name of driver. How do I go about this email do I put names in to email or just start with I the registered keeper of vehicle xxxxxx .........
    I agree with Quentin, it's the person named on the LBCCC who they are gearing up to sue. So the email comes in the name of THAT person (the driver) even if YOU actually type the email and use an email addy that you create/will check, not them!

I prefer the first half of your email (but remove 'I am the registered keeper').

I wouldn't bother with the second half:
    In addition to this your signs are poorly and insufficiently worded , located and the full terms of your cotract are not present on your signs at entrance or in carpark. The signs are unreadable height for the driver without their glasses.

I refer to the following
    - IPC CoP Part E, highlighting that adequate and clear entrance signs are required.

- The case of Vine v London Borough of Waltham Forest; CA 5 APR 2000, a case won by the consumer on appeal where the Judges also found that clear entrance signs are expected.

- I also refer to "what good sign should look like " as determined by Beavis which your signs are not.

- Writing is also illegible contrary to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

My vehicle was ticketed automatically following ANPR recording of my arrival and departure located only at the entrance of the car park. which cannot be used used to determine exact grace periods or exact periods of when my parking period started or ended. i.e when driver left car, finished parking saw alleged signs with no full contract etc.
    Just replace the second half with:

ANPR systems are not proportionate or suitable for car parks where a percentage of visitors are disabled and have a legal right to a longer period to go about their daily life. The Beavis case can be fully distinguished and you cannot lawfully charge me for any reasonable adjustment (and I am not talking about disabled bays, this is about an adjustment of time).

ParkingEye cannot lawfully charge any fee for the extra minutes we needed, as a direct result of our medical conditions. If you want to test that in court, go ahead but be advised, I will counter-claim under the Equality Act (EA) for damages and am already receiving advice to that end.

Do not reply giving me the old chestnut excuse that you ''didn't know'' about our protected characteristics, as I believe you had the audacity to sneak past a clueless Judge in at least one case last year. May I remind your Legal Department's Solicitor that her first duty is to the court, and that the breach of the EA in question in this case is 'indirect discrimination' of the disabled population 'at large'. For that illegality, there is no lawful excuse or justification that can be heard, that a service provider ''didn't know''.

You SHOULD have a policy in place in advance, to identify disabled visitors and it is your failing of your automated systems, that you breach the Equality Act in this reprehensible way. In fact it is your duty under the EA Code of Practice to consider the needs of people like me and adjust any policies that are rigid and unfair, and likely to cause harassment and a breach of the Act.

I attach proof of our protected characteristics (medical letter/Blue Badge/etc) and if you sue me even though you 'knew or should have known' about our disabilities as a direct result of your staff reading this email before proceedings commence, I will involve the EHRC regarding disability discrimination and my MP, as well as making a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office because you now have no lawful excuse to continue to process my data, except to confirm this month without delay, that the unfair, discriminatory PCN is cancelled.

I will allow you to process the VRN data for one purpose - to add it to your white list at all locations where you infest car parks across the UK, so that we are never put through this again due to your company's despicable ignorance or wanton neglect of your legal duties as set out in the Equality Act.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-05-2018 at 6:10 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 7:16 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    I have just edited the above post please check and advise if poss I have change wording in place to reflect its from driver ? Is that right? Thank you all very much again I feel much less stressed.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I assume it's Mrs xxx who is emailing? If so then I made these changes and added the word 'myself' where she says 'Mrs'.

PCN xxxxxx/xxxxxx

In regards to vehicle vheicle xxxxxx I am in receipt Reciept of your letter before county court claim. claims date xx/xx.

I dispute the extortionate sum you are requesting for parking which was paid for. The vehicle is a motability vehicle for mr xxxx who is bed bound and paralysed with a number of medical conditions and mental health problems and myself, Mrs xxxx. who also has I suffer from significant medical conditions which include vascular dementia and have had leg surgery for broken fima femur recently. The medical conditions that we they have meet the definition of disability in the Equality Act 2010 which affect our mobility, cognitive and mental capacity and daily life.

Thus, we they cannot possibly be legally 'fined' for an alleged overstay of a few minutes, and we remind PE of your legal their duty as a service provider to comply with the EHRC Equality Act Code of Conduct which is statutory, not guidelines, and requires a reasonable adjustment of time for people with 'protected characteristics'.

Although you have classed this as an alleged overstay the BPA CoP clause #13 covers the two periods before and after a parking period. This must include time to park up , read the signs and pay plus the time to leave added together are actually the GRACE PERIODS and not part of the "parking time" the driver paid for, so the driver fully paid for their "parking time" which was 3 full hours of "parking time" - i.e when the vehicle was stationary in a bay and actually "parked" so say 5 minutes to park up and read the signs and 10 minutes OR MORE to leave the car park after the parking period finishes, so 15 minutes is within those 2 options added together. ie:- you should comply with BPA CoP, which has now been reworded to say MUST include a grace period.

The carer for mr and Mrs xxx Our carer has also contacted the land owners and management of the pub located at the site who have also requested for this unfair pcn to be cancelled and the pub want it cancelled.

In addition to this your signs are poorly and insufficiently worded , located and the full terms of your cotract are not present on your signs at entrance or in carpark. The signs are unreadable height for the driver without their glasses.

My or the vehicle was ticketed automatically following ANPR recording of my arrival and departure with a view of only the entrance.

ANPR systems are not...
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-05-2018 at 7:27 PM.

• Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 8:00 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    Thanx for the corrections but Mrs xxx is not the driver it's the appointee and spouse of mr xxx who the car is For. but driven by my Mrs C and I'm the carer for mr and Mrs xxx . So do I leave as I have edited from my Mrs C. Also I'm arguing on behalf of the right of carees not not Mrs C is this right as a call about them left Mrs C distressed leading to extra time leaving ?

Edited

Parking eye reference: xxxxxx/xxxxx

In regards to vehicle xxxxxx I am in receipt of your letter before county court claim. I dispute the extortionate sum you are requesting for parking which was paid for. The vehicle is a motability vehicle for mr xxxx who is bed bound and paralysed with a number of medical conditions and mental health problems and Mrs xxxx who also has significant medical conditions which include vascular dementia and have had leg surgery for broken femur recently. The medical conditions they have meet the definition of disability in the Equality Act 2010 which affect our mobility, cognitive and mental capacity and daily life.

Therefore they cannot possibly be legally 'fined' for an alleged overstay of a few minutes, and remind PE of their duty as a service provider to comply with the EHRC Equality Act Code of Conduct which is statutory, not guidelines, and requires a reasonable adjustment of time for people with 'protected characteristics'.

Although you have classed this as an alleged overstay the BPA CoP clause #13 covers the two periods before and after a parking period.

The carer for mr and Mrs xxx has also contacted the land owners and management of the pub located at the site who have also requested for this unfair pcn to be cancelled and the pub want it cancelled.

ParkingEye cannot lawfully charge any fee for the extra minutes we ? ***** remove ? needed, as a direct result of our ? ***** should I remove ? medical conditions. If you want to test that in court, go ahead but be advised, I will counter-claim under the Equality Act (EA) for damages and am already receiving advice to that end.

Do not reply giving me the old chestnut excuse that you ''didn't know'' about our?***** remove? protected characteristics, as I believe you had the audacity to sneak past a clueless Judge in at least one case last year. May I remind your Legal Department's Solicitor that her first duty is to the court, and that the breach of the EA in question in this case is 'indirect discrimination' of the disabled population 'at large'. For that illegality, there is no lawful excuse or justification that can be heard, that a service provider ''didn't know''.

I attach proof of their ? *****protected characteristics (medical letter/Blue Badge/etc) and if you sue me even though you 'knew or should have known' about their ? ****** disabilities as a direct result of your staff reading this email before proceedings commence, I will involve the EHRC regarding disability discrimination and my MP, as well as making a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office because you now have no lawful excuse to continue to process my data, except to confirm this month without delay, that the unfair, discriminatory PCN is cancelled.

Regards
    Mrs C

Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by Mr. C; 08-05-2018 at 8:39 PM. Reason: Wording
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th May 18, 9:24 PM
    • 35,561 Posts
    • 19,761 Thanks
    Quentin
    Was the LBCCA adressed to Mrs C?

If so then, yes, the reply (and all further correspondece over this - including court correspondence/forms etc should all be dealt with and signed by Mrs C
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 9:44 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Who is Mrs C, not one of the elderly people, but they were in the car with her?

Who is she to them, a relative?

And like Quentin asked - WHO WAS THE LBCCC ADDRESSED TO?

• Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 9:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    Mrc C is their niece in law my wife and I am carer and nephew live at same address and and care for them the LBCCC is in Mrs C name now original fine letters were in mrs xxx is name . And it's not been mentioned on any correspondence to PE or popla if they mr or Mrs xxxx were there or not yet
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So was the car being used for something they needed, but not with them in the car?

• Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 10:11 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    Yes but like I said this hasn't been mention in any perivious correspondence. Should I use private message for more detailed info?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 10:13 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,930 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I don't take pm's, too busy in life.

When you say ''yes'' are you saying she was running an errand for them, they were at home (not passengers), and something happened that she got a phone call about?

• Mr. C
    • By Mr. C 8th May 18, 10:19 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr. C
    Yes I'm sorry I did not make this clear at begining. This is why I was including defences for the driver in the second draft earlier.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 08-05-2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Missed something
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

654Posts Today

6,444Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin