Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 4,139Posts
    • 77,074Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 7th May 18 at 12:30 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 20
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 9:55 PM
    • 3,052 Posts
    • 44,162 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    OMG ILTS, you had beans on salad! You may have started a new trend x

: rotfl:
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

Hello ssm I hope you are well ? Are you still working all hours?

Do you know what it wasn’t actually that bad and I wouldn’t mind eating it again
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:56 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Blimey, that is a lot for the wee ones
    Hate to think how much the big ones are

Looking forward to the high tea
    Originally posted by beanielou
    14, so you may as well as had a big one i usedto love magnums with the almonds on
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 9:59 PM
    • 3,052 Posts
    • 44,162 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Yes well you can have 15 syns, sweets and choc are your thing, so use them on that, chewits are only 5 1/2 syns a tube, mikado 1/2 syn a stick, the mini bags are just a few syns , if you need to know any syns just message me if in the day and i will look x
    Originally posted by bubbs

You’re a star I’m determined to shift it else I will need to buy new clothes
    I definitely think writing down what you eat is great as it makes you think more
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 10:01 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    You’re a star I’m determined to shift it else I will need to buy new clothes
    I definitely think writing down what you eat is great as it makes you think more
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    I think it does help to write down, i have been clothes shopping this week for my holidays
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 10:06 PM
    • 3,052 Posts
    • 44,162 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    I think it does help to write down, i have been clothes shopping this week for my holidays
    Ooh not long now
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 10:09 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Ooh not long now
    Nope cant wait for holiday but then we will find out about dh's job
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 10:11 PM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,493 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh bubbs is there a problem with your DH's job?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 10:12 PM
    • 3,052 Posts
    • 44,162 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Nope cant wait for holiday but then we will find out about dh's job
    Have they given him any indication as to wether he is safe ? X
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 10:18 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh bubbs is there a problem with your DH's job?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Yes he is on 45 day consultation for redundancy
    Have they given him any indication as to wether he is safe ? X
    Nope, no one knows
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th May 18, 10:23 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hello ssm I hope you are well ? Are you still working all hours?

Do you know what it wasn’t actually that bad and I wouldn’t mind eating it again
    Hey there stranger. Nope, I had another crap period i.e. 6 weeks of doing 20 hours a day 7 days a week, on the Sunday I thought f* it, and took the dog out, during which I thought f* it even more, came home and resigned. OH kept saying 'you're hormonal do you think you should wait'.... nope.

We went on our long holiday, where I was contacted twice and offered other jobs - turned them down as I don't want to travel that far. I am now doing some temporary work a fair few steps down in grade, but 10 minutes from the house, and where no one does more than an extra hour a day - OMG it is heaven! Today I went to a funeral and still left at 6.15 pm....tomorrow I am not leaving the house until 8.15 (instead of 5.30-6.00) I have cleaned the house, shopped, cooked, and am now sorting through paperwork.... ooh and done some gardening! Heaven. I just need to get my bottom walking and be more frugal (as income has dropped).

I will not be joining you in the beans on salad I do take raw fruit and veg to work, and eat that through the day which helps with the diet, I am rubbish with eating (well controlling food intake) at home

If you eat just salad and beans, you will be very windy and very slim, very quickly x
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 16th May 18, 10:23 PM
    • 10,587 Posts
    • 20,056 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evening everyone
    Not much to report today apart from +1
    Frankly that is some kind of miracle after what I have eaten this week
    I have made a decision thought and that is I am going to call target. I have so much on at the moment and coupled with the fact that I have been losing and gaining essentially the same few pounds since about February and getting no lower than about 15 10 I have decided just to try and take the pressure off a bit. I am happy with the size I am and my consultant says she is happy if I am which is great. Group was really supportive today and everyone agrees- with this 1lb gain I am at 2 stone 13 loss- I am away at mums next week and will weigh at a group local to her. Hopefully I can shift this pound and the following week I can call target at my own group at a 3 stone loss. I am then on holiday the following week so that gives me a bit of breathing space and time to get rid of any holiday gain before I weigh again.
    Todays menu:
    B: HEXB x 2 HiFi, water, Apple, satsuma
    L: Ham and egg salad with balsamic dressing (1.5) fruit pot, water
    Mid afternoon: decaf coffee with HEXA and choc digestive thin (1.5)
    T: Quorn meatballs with tomatoes and garlic, lemon and herb couscous (1) salad. 3 mini meringues (3) strawberries, Lindahls Qvark, water
    S: Cereal Bar (3.5) crisps (3.5) SW humous and celery (I had rotten munchies earlier!)
    Syns: 14
    Night all xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Yes he is on 45 day consultation for redundancy

Nope, no one knows
    Surely they need to offer him something else x
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Night all
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 10:32 PM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,493 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry to hear that bubbs.
    Hope all turns out well.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 16th May 18, 11:09 PM
    • 5,216 Posts
    • 169,061 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Hope it all turns out well Bubbs.

DD2 made some gorgeous cookies at school today, I had a little bit and they were lush!

Hopefully I've not done too much damage!

The Gammon and Light & Lean sausages for tea were lovely.

Done my overnight grape nuts and fruit ready for the morning.

Good night everyone and I will be back tomorrow.
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016, 2017 & 2018
    Woman of the year for SW group 2016 & 2017
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th May 18, 7:22 AM
    • 2,672 Posts
    • 29,809 Thanks
    curl girl
    Well yesterday was a bit of a fail.
    Strawberries and Muller for breakfast.
    Home at lunch time and spotted 2 left over sausages in the fridge, so ended up with 2 white cheese and sausage baps!
    That wasn't in my plan......

Nice day today, tuna salad for lunch.
    Enjoy your day everyone.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,493 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy Thursday all

***Keep plodding***
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 17th May 18, 9:10 AM
    • 5,216 Posts
    • 169,061 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Morning all.

Grape nuts with muller light greek coconut & vanilla with Breakfast topper fruit for breakfast.

For lunch I have salad, with spicy chicken, 2 x ryvita sweet onion and one cheese triangle to spread on. Muller light. Snacks will be fruit.

Hopefully having steak for tea.

Have a good Thursday all. x
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016, 2017 & 2018
    Woman of the year for SW group 2016 & 2017
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 17th May 18, 9:36 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 8,006 Thanks
    Top Girl
    I always have a salad with a jacket potato with cheese and beans, beans and lettuce/red onion/carrot is really nice! My Nana always put cold beans out with a salad and they always got eaten first.

Another on plan day planned...

B/D - SW grill up that Top Bloke is making now. Syn free sausages from our local butcher.

Some fruit to keep me going this afternoon and maybe a yogurt.

T - Not sure yet, Top Bloke's day to cook. Possibly Spaghetti Bolognese.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 17th May 18, 12:24 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 1,411 Thanks
    Stoke
    Has anyone tried to make the SW Burgers yet, like the ones they sell in Iceland? I've given it a couple of tries with 5% mince from ALDI, but not quite been able to get them right. Not sure why. Still nice, but just not the result I'd expected. Those burgers are absolutely awesome though, worth their money.

I've started eating a lot more of the SW Ready meals lately actually and they're great. I'm keeping away from one or two of the Chinese style ones, apparently they're a bit higher in salt than the rest, but the curry ones are very good. Originally, I felt they were too expensive, but I'm not sure they are. £3 for a meal... Not too bad that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin