Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 4,504Posts
    • 79,076Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 7th May 18 at 12:30 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 2
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 8th May 18, 10:05 AM
    • 6,483 Posts
    • 7,016 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Morning all.
    After last fortnights dive off track I'm being really good so far this week - the weather helps as it gets me in a salad mood.

Plan for today

B: Melon
    L: Stuffed mushrooms
    D: Either courgetti bolognese or SW chicken tikka masala with cauli rice

Snacks: 1/2 HEXB Alpen light, easy peelers, red pepper
    Syns: none planned (Have only used 9 so far since Saturday so may treat myself to a 5.5 kit kat - although the warm weather means I don't fancy chocolate so much, I'm not going to have one just to use syns if I don't fancy it)
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th May 18, 12:00 PM
    • 4,169 Posts
    • 10,633 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Morning all.

Well I don't think I've ever drunk so much since I've been on SW but had a lovely time so I'm not feeling guilty at all.

Despite eating the next fortnight's syns during the weekend, we went for a 10 mile cycle ride and felt really good - even on the hills so am pleased even if the scales went in the wrong direction.

Back with it today - bought the Quaker Oats Pumpkin Spice packets on the weekend which I found in a discount store and have brought them into work for when I haven't prepared breakfast - they were OK but given I used all my hea allowance on that & a cup of coffee, they won't be a regular thing!

Also made an effort to call into Asda on the way to work to buy my lunch for the week.

Will try and go cycling again after walking the dog, and plan on having a stir fry for dinner.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • maman
    • By maman 8th May 18, 12:32 PM
    • 18,719 Posts
    • 111,781 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on your loss majorica. All good to see it going in the right direction.

So pleased you enjoyed your syns GTQ, especially the cheese and you with the wine GTS. I hate it when syns are wasted.

Not sure how today will work out. We're off to a funeral this afternoon so although I'm having lunch first I may be tempted by picky bits later. If not, I'll take Bolognese from the freezer when I get home. Then this evening I might feel the need for wine syns to either celebrate or cry into. I'm inclined to go dancing and keep out of the way but I've got a filthy cold so may not feel like it. Decisions!!

I've had a SW breakfast (HEB porage with HEA milk) and I've got a good lunch planned (ham, tomato, mushrooms, asparagus, fried egg and fried potato) but after that is anyone's guess.

Definitely back on plan properly tomorrow.
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 8th May 18, 1:36 PM
    • 5,258 Posts
    • 169,216 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the lovely weather!

After a gain of another 1lb this week at group, I am seriously thinking of quitting group and saving my £4.95. I am just not getting anywhere.

What are your thoughts on this? The only thing I would miss being able to get is my hifi bars, but it all just seems a waste of money at the moment.

Do any of you used to go to group and left to follow it at home?
    Winging it since 1972
    • esmy
    • By esmy 8th May 18, 4:19 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 4,306 Thanks
    esmy
    Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the lovely weather!

After a gain of another 1lb this week at group, I am seriously thinking of quitting group and saving my £4.95. I am just not getting anywhere.

What are your thoughts on this? The only thing I would miss being able to get is my hifi bars, but it all just seems a waste of money at the moment.

Do any of you used to go to group and left to follow it at home?
    Originally posted by Abbafan1972
    Yes I did. I went to group for 3 months at the beginning of last year then followed SW at home. Group was good at the start in that it helped me understand the plan, which I wouldn't have done without it, but I didn't like the whole group bit after weigh in so it seemed pointless paying to get weighed. I carried on losing at the same rate from home, though the last few pounds were a struggle! I know some people get a lot from going to group but I used this thread and various websites to help me. I'm at target now but still weighing weekly and still following the plan with a bit more flexibility which seems to be working for me.

I suppose the thing is if you're not losing when you go to group, what will be different about doing it from home (other than saving a fiver a week!)?
    • onedaysomeday
    • By onedaysomeday 8th May 18, 5:33 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    onedaysomeday
    Can I please join in this and put myself down for 7lb ?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th May 18, 6:51 PM
    • 53,237 Posts
    • 630,738 Thanks
    bubbs

Home made burgers and all the bumff
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 53,237 Posts
    • 630,738 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by onedaysomeday
    Hello and welcome
    Chris will add you when she see's it
    Abbafan i go to group and stay but thats what keeps me on the straight and narrow but if it was like the group i went to temporary in January i wouldn't be staying as it was horrendous
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 58,039 Posts
    • 238,903 Thanks
    beanielou
    It so fascinates me that all the groups are so different!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 58,039 Posts
    • 238,903 Thanks
    beanielou
    Originally posted by onedaysomeday
    Welcome to our lovely thread

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 53,237 Posts
    • 630,738 Thanks
    bubbs
    It so fascinates me that all the groups are so different!
    Originally posted by beanielou
    The one i went too in January was nearly 2 hrs of going round the room, flo lost 2lb and what do you want to lose next week flo?
    When she asked me that i said i dont set a target weekly as dont want to be disappointed i am happy with what ever well you would of thought i had said i was going to chop my head off the looks i got didnt stay after that just got weighed and went
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th May 18, 7:25 PM
    • 58,039 Posts
    • 238,903 Thanks
    beanielou
    The one i went too in January was nearly 2 hrs of going round the room, flo lost 2lb and what do you want to lose next week flo?
    When she asked me that i said i dont set a target weekly as dont want to be disappointed i am happy with what ever well you would of thought i had said i was going to chop my head off the looks i got didnt stay after that just got weighed and went
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I can imagine

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 53,237 Posts
    • 630,738 Thanks
    bubbs
    I can imagine
    Originally posted by beanielou
    We talk about recipes, if anyone has any problems, if anyone wants any help and have a right good laugh
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 8th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 5,258 Posts
    • 169,216 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Thanks for your replies.

There is nothing wrong with the group - the consultant is lovely and very supportive. I'm just annoyed that I can't get back into target and therefore paying again every week. If I buy bars as well, then the amount I spend mounts up.

Also, due to the amount of weight I have lost, I get the impression that the consultant likes to use me as a "trophy". I agree, it's a good ad for new members, but it does annoy me slightly.

I am on the social team and do the weighing, which is nice as I get to chat to all the members that come through the door, but it's hard, as on a Saturday morning sometimes I like to be doing other things, as a full time worker I don't have much spare time. I appreciate that we don't get anything for it, but annoys me slightly when I see that the consultant has got a new 18 plate Ford Ecosport out front (It's a lease I know).

My target is 10st exactly and on Saturday I weighed 10st 7lb, I seem to keep on playing with same few pounds, losing and gaining. Obviously if I do get back into target, then the pressure's always on to keep it there.
    Winging it since 1972
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 16,434 Posts
    • 196,253 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thanks for your replies.

There is nothing wrong with the group - the consultant is lovely and very supportive. I'm just annoyed that I can't get back into target and therefore paying again every week. If I buy bars as well, then the amount I spend mounts up.

Also, due to the amount of weight I have lost, I get the impression that the consultant likes to use me as a "trophy". I agree, it's a good ad for new members, but it does annoy me slightly.

I am on the social team and do the weighing, which is nice as I get to chat to all the members that come through the door, but it's hard, as on a Saturday morning sometimes I like to be doing other things, as a full time worker I don't have much spare time. I appreciate that we don't get anything for it, but annoys me slightly when I see that the consultant has got a new 18 plate Ford Ecosport out front (It's a lease I know).

My target is 10st exactly and on Saturday I weighed 10st 7lb, I seem to keep on playing with same few pounds, losing and gaining. Obviously if I do get back into target, then the pressure's always on to keep it there.
    I think the question is - how well will you do if you don't go to group?

• Nicki
    • By Nicki 8th May 18, 8:35 PM
    • 7,774 Posts
    • 27,748 Thanks
    Nicki
    Scales went back down again after a better nights sleep. It's astonishing what a big difference a couple of sleepless nights made! The scales bounced up by 2lb overnight and then back again...

I'm really busy at work at the moment so food is all a bit patchy. Today:

Breakfast ha! Chance would be a fine thing...
    Lunch salmon Niçoise salad
    Dinner: lamb hot pot with feta (HEA)

Snack: mini caramel slice (4 syns) americano

No HEB yet. May do some nuts before bed.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th May 18, 9:01 PM
    • 58,039 Posts
    • 238,903 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks for your replies.

Have you considered changing your target?
    I changed mine.

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th May 18, 9:01 PM
    • 53,237 Posts
    • 630,738 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks for your replies.

Does it have to be 10s7? why not call target for a couple of months then have another go?
    Edir , snap beanie
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 8th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 2,256 Posts
    • 16,232 Thanks
    greentiger
    Thanks for the lovely new space. It’s great to see all those certificates up on display!

Sorry to hear about your cold, maman. I see the saints are doing their best to warm you up!

Welcome to our merry band, onedaysomeday.

I am slowly getting back on track. I had the (less than) expected gain this week. The big issue there is that I am away from Friday to Monday with the associated indulgences. It’s just as well I inhaled every naughty treat in the house last week. I have made a ginger cake that I figure works out at 6 syns a portion. Allowing just a portion a day each for DH and I, it should last until we go away.

Good luck on the new challenge, everyone.
    Stashbusting 154
    Reading Challenge 34/26
    Film Challenge 31/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Weight Loss 1.4lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 58,039 Posts
    • 238,903 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good to see you greentiger
    Enjoy your week away

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,311Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin