Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 4,431Posts
    • 78,707Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 7th May 18 at 12:30 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 19
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 8:37 PM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 44,266 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

Yum
    Originally posted by bubbs
    ooh yes please

Please may I join, I was here a while ago and now back again as Bubbs has been giving me too much chocolate
    I would like to lose 12 pounds
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th May 18, 9:03 PM
    • 16,368 Posts
    • 195,788 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thanks for the chubby cubs comments, will have a go at some of the recipes & find time to read their blogs, we need all the laughs we can get on this journey!

Was terribly organised last night in prepping for today. Roasted a chicken, so while that was in the oven, portioned the leftover lasagne & bunged in freezer, leaving some for lunch today, got the overnight oats ready for breakfast today, cut up the pineapple I had bought (if anyone has an easy way of getting rid of the eyes that get left in the flesh, would appreciate suggestions), made the salad for dinner, peeled some mandarins, segmented and mixed with grapes for snacking, made potato wedges (sprinkled Schwartz All Season on them, were lush!) and cooked the green beans.

Hopefully, will have pulled back the weekend by the time I weigh tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    With the pineapple, you peel take the skin off then cut / along the line of the eyes.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 16,368 Posts
    • 195,788 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    ooh yes please

Please may I join, I was here a while ago and now back again as Bubbs has been giving me too much chocolate
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    That bubbs is to blame for me being fat as well!

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:07 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    ooh yes please

Hellooooooooooooo
    We don't accept rabble
    Oh no who am i going to give all the treats too now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Oh no i am not i give lts all my filler sweets,she has had bag fulls
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 9:23 PM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 44,266 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    She’s a feeder that one you have to be careful

Hellooooooooooooo
    We don't accept rabble
    Oh no who am i going to give all the treats too now
    Oh I’m sure the children will happily eat them and less of the rabble

Oh no i am not i give lts all my filler sweets,she has had bag fulls
    I’m not sure if it was the Reece’s snowman the quality street or possibly the malteasers that made me gain the Weight but to be honest I’m thinking it was the cucumber as I hadn’t eaten that before and bang on went s stone
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:25 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    I have just discovered ice cream cones, just the plain ones are only 1/2 syn, so my muller yoghurt on top of one a a shot of choc shot is only 1 syn
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:27 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    She’s a feeder that one you have to be careful

Oh I’m sure the children will happily eat them and less of the rabble

I’m not sure if it was the Reece’s snowman the quality street or possibly the malteasers that made me gain the Weight but to be honest I’m thinking it was the cucumber as I hadn’t eaten that before and bang on went s stone
    Yes the children can still have them
    or the kinder ot them other tubs with the sweeties in
    You will see what a pig i am now
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 9:36 PM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 44,266 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Yes the children can still have them
    or the kinder ot them other tubs with the sweeties in
    You will see what a pig i am now
    You’re a bad influence I tell you

When I worked different hours I found it so much easier to eat , I would come back and cook breakfast and that would keep me going so I need to take a leaf out your book and be organised and prepare !!
    Today I have eaten

B: banana and satsuma
    L:lettuce, cucumber , beetroot, gherkins and tomato ( I forgot to boil egg to go with it)
    T:same as above salad but with beans on top( the sweet potato took to long so I ate without it )
    Fibre one bar as snack
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 9:37 PM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,339 Thanks
    beanielou
    2lbs off this week, and 'Man of the Year' award which is always fun when you win by default

Still, my group are absolutely brilliant and we celebrated nonetheless.

Football season now over. No distractions. No drinking at the weekend. Going to have a detox. I'm feeling very motivated on what really now feels like the home straight I believe I'm around 1 stone 2lbs away from target now. I'll need to check again though. I still don't know whether to lower it some more tbh.

Lunch today was lean chicken + carrot sticks. Boring I know, but purely for SP points. Lunch at work is by far the easiest days for me.

Good luck to everyone this week.
    Originally posted by Stoke
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 9:39 PM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,339 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes, that's correct.

I went out of Target and have been unable to get back in. I did consider changing my target figure, but it's a bit too much of a drastic change in my target. I got tired of paying and just juggling with the same few lbs.

Also, I was on the social team doing the weighing and due to other commitments, I wanted my Saturday mornings back - it was impossible to go out anywhere early on a Saturday morning.

The only thing I will miss is the chats and being able to get the Hifi bars, as I do like them. I can still buy the magazine (I may subscribe to it).

I have achieved what I wanted to and it's served its purpose, but even if I did get back into target at group, there's always that pressure hanging over you to keep within the 3lbs either way, in case you have to start paying next week (in some ways I suppose that's a good thing).

Do any of you keep food diaries? I used to get the individual sheets from group and use them, but haven't been able to now. (I have a scan copy of them on my laptop, but they don't print very well).

I know the plan inside and out, but what sources do you use for syn values if you don't attend group and don't have access to the app (I still have access to it at the moment).

Sorry for all the questions. x
    Originally posted by Abbafan1972
    I just write it down.
    Could always send you hifi bars if you are stuck.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:40 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    You!!!8217;re a bad influence I tell you

When I worked different hours I found it so much easier to eat , I would come back and cook breakfast and that would keep me going so I need to take a leaf out your book and be organised and prepare !!
    Today I have eaten

L:lettuce, cucumber , beetroot, gherkins and tomato ( I forgot to boil egg to go with it)
    T:same as above salad but with beans on top( the sweet potato took to long so I ate without it )
    Fibre one bar as snack
    As if i would be?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Make sure you eat enough, thats why i dont snack as such a have biiiggggggggggg meals
    Last edited by bubbs; 16-05-2018 at 9:42 PM.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:41 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    Beanie WI tomorrow i am not hopeful how about you?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 9:43 PM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,339 Thanks
    beanielou
    Going out for tea tomorrow to celebrate a friends birthday.
    So a STS for me this week.
    As wont be at class tomorrow.

Does anyone know how many syns in a white mini magnum? Thanks.

***Keep plodding***
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 9:48 PM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 44,266 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    As if i would be?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Make sure you eat enough, thats why i dont snack as such a have biiiggggggggggg meals
    I will make sure I prep on Sunday today was a funny day for eating as I was rushing but even if I eat big I think I will still have the choc brownie fibre one as it stops me craving other stuff and hits the spot
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:49 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs

Originally posted by beanielou
    Have a nice meal
    Walls Magnum Mini Ice Cream Lolly, Classic/Dark/Mint/White (60ml each) 8½
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 16th May 18, 9:49 PM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 44,266 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

Originally posted by beanielou

A post from 2016 says 8.5 hope this helps
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 16,368 Posts
    • 195,788 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    You’re a bad influence I tell you

Today I have eaten

Fibre one bar as snack
    OMG ILTS, you had beans on salad! You may have started a new trend x

: rotfl:
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 18, 9:52 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    I will make sure I prep on Sunday today was a funny day for eating as I was rushing but even if I eat big I think I will still have the choc brownie fibre one as it stops me craving other stuff and hits the spot
    Yes well you can have 15 syns, sweets and choc are your thing, so use them on that, chewits are only 5 1/2 syns a tube, mikado 1/2 syn a stick, the mini bags are just a few syns , if you need to know any syns just message me if in the day and i will look x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 9:55 PM
    • 56,818 Posts
    • 231,339 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have a nice meal
    Walls Magnum Mini Ice Cream Lolly, Classic/Dark/Mint/White (60ml each) 8½
    Blimey, that is a lot for the wee ones
    Hate to think how much the big ones are

Looking forward to the high tea

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,519Posts Today

7,001Users online

Martin's Twitter