Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 4,505Posts
    • 79,076Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 7th May 18 at 12:30 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for youÖÖÖgo for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list Ė so thatís pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra Ďaí choice and one Healthy Extra Ďbí choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Ė Donald Horban
Page 17
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 8:07 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 196,295 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I used to leave at 6.30 in my other life.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I continue to wake up at 5 am despite no longer working in the job.... I now turn over and go back to sleep, and don't leave now until 7 (or later).... bliss

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 8:35 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 196,295 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Food today

Breakfast

Apple, banana, muller, light sprinkle of bran flakes

Lunch

Carrots, banana, apple

Tea

aubergine and tomato bake
    2 of bubbs rice cakes and a little philli light.
    frozen muller

Green tea (no coffee)

Hopefully I am now back on plan properly.

I have realised I am too old to drink 2 cups of tea, and then leave the house with no access to a loo for 3 hours!

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 18, 8:47 PM
    • 58,067 Posts
    • 239,144 Thanks
    beanielou
    Food today

Breakfast

Lunch

Carrots, banana, apple

Tea

frozen muller

Green tea (no coffee)

I have realised I am too old to drink 2 cups of tea, and then leave the house with no access to a loo for 3 hours!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    So am I
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 8:51 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 196,295 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    So am I
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 8:57 PM
    • 53,263 Posts
    • 630,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    I used to leave at 6.30 in my other life.
    I dont mind but one day i dont start till 10
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 8:59 PM
    • 53,263 Posts
    • 630,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    Food today

Breakfast

Lunch

Carrots, banana, apple

Tea

frozen muller

Green tea (no coffee)

Tell me about the loo since i came hoe at 3.30 i have been wee about 12 times but i do drink alot
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 196,295 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I dont mind but one day i dont start till 10
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I would make him bike!

Tell me about the loo since i came hoe at 3.30 i have been wee about 12 times but i do drink alot
    I do about 12 during the night.

My ice-cream maker arrived today - it is still in the box as since Mullers has ended I have lost my excitement for it! I have told OH that I have no room in the freezer to pre-freeze the bowls (I did do a whoopsie shop today).

I had a frozen muller for pudding - it has really made me feel full.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 53,263 Posts
    • 630,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    I would make him bike!

I do about 12 during the night.

My ice-cream maker arrived today - it is still in the box as since Mullers has ended I have lost my excitement for it! I have told OH that I have no room in the freezer to pre-freeze the bowls (I did do a whoopsie shop today).

I had a frozen muller for pudding - it has really made me feel full.

I am always up to the loo i have ahemmmmm few mullers still a good price £3 for 10, frozen muller are horrible
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 15th May 18, 9:34 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 4,073 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Hi All
    I was wondering if I could join?
    I went to slimming world last year but have been following from home since then. Iím a member of the os weight loss board as well but as Iím following sw I wondered if I could join here too?
    Thanks x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 18, 9:39 PM
    • 58,067 Posts
    • 239,144 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hi All
    I went to slimming world last year but have been following from home since then. Iím a member of the os weight loss board as well but as Iím following sw I wondered if I could join here too?
    Thanks x
    Originally posted by SIRENS
    WElcome to our lovely thread
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 9:42 PM
    • 53,263 Posts
    • 630,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi All
    Thanks x
    Welcome
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 15th May 18, 9:46 PM
    • 5,258 Posts
    • 169,216 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Where do you all get your ice cream makers from please?
    Winging it since 1972
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 9:48 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 196,295 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Originally posted by Abbafan1972
    bubbs got hers from groupon, I got mine from Amazon (I got the one that Which recommended with an additional freezing bowl).

Going to use mullers to make ice-cream.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 9:52 PM
    • 53,263 Posts
    • 630,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    Got ours from groupon £16
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 15th May 18, 10:40 PM
    • 5,258 Posts
    • 169,216 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    I have looked at 2 chubby cubs before, but have just had a proper look and Omg, cannot stop laughing!
    Winging it since 1972
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 10:47 PM
    • 53,263 Posts
    • 630,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    I have looked at 2 chubby cubs before, but have just had a proper look and Omg, cannot stop laughing!
    I know so funny
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 15th May 18, 10:52 PM
    • 10,696 Posts
    • 20,307 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evenin
    What a day! Been manic. But I am very happy! The player I sponsored for the last two seasons, who I said a reluctant goodbye to just a few short weeks ago- has been rewarded for his hard work with his first senior contract for his Premiership club! The hormonal menopausal woman that I am May have had a little proud cry. So happy that I was able to support him towards achieving his deserved potential
    And to cheer myself up I went shopping I bought a top from Yours I have been coveting for ages- I love it even if it is a little bit big- I dont care
    Todays food:
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, HEXA Alpro choc soya drink (+1.5) 2 x apples
    L: Subway ham salad (1.5 for dressing) water, Lindahls Qvark with blueberries
    T: SW pork skewers, Uncle Bens chicken rice (3) salad with lemon and herb dressing (1) Fab lolly (4) water
    S: 2 Broghies (2) with ham, Iceland chicken skewers and bbq dip (1.5) water
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!! Round 2 OU started 06/10- BSc Combined STEM, Year 1 E117 and W101.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018
    Miss you JV and TW
    Elle
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 15th May 18, 11:01 PM
    • 4,505 Posts
    • 79,076 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Hi All
    Thanks x
    Hi SIRENS

This challenge runs up to Sunday 1st July.

If you want to post your target loss for this challenge I'll add you to the chart.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Ė Donald Horban
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 11:04 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 196,295 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hi All
    Thanks x
    Welcome to the mad house x

I am always up to the loo i have ahemmmmm few mullers still a good price £3 for 10, frozen muller are horrible
    Frozen are perfect as 1. they take ages to eat 2. give you heart burn 3. so you cannot eat any other rubbishy food!

Evenin
    What a day! Been manic. But I am very happy! The player I sponsored for the last two seasons, who I said a reluctant goodbye to just a few short weeks ago- has been rewarded for his hard work with his first senior contract for his Premiership club! The hormonal menopausal woman that I am May have had a little proud cry. So happy that I was able to support him towards achieving his deserved potential
    And to cheer myself up I went shopping I bought a top from Yours I have been coveting for ages- I love it even if it is a little bit big- I dont care
    Todays food:
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, HEXA Alpro choc soya drink (+1.5) 2 x apples
    L: Subway ham salad (1.5 for dressing) water, Lindahls Qvark with blueberries
    T: SW pork skewers, Uncle Bens chicken rice (3) salad with lemon and herb dressing (1) Fab lolly (4) water
    S: 2 Broghies (2) with ham, Iceland chicken skewers and bbq dip (1.5) water
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all xx
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    You are right to be very proud xxx
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 15th May 18, 11:21 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 4,073 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Hi
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome
    chrisv I would like to aim for 14lbs please as I have loads to loose, have managed just over 2 stone so far but looking at another 7 stone to target...whew sounds horrible out loud.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,236Users online

Martin's Twitter