Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 4,431Posts
    • 78,707Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 7th May 18 at 12:30 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 12
    • esmy
    • By esmy 13th May 18, 2:18 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 4,228 Thanks
    esmy
    Does anyone make these pancakes?
    Maybe similar to bubb's waffles?
    Oats & the low sugar & eggs?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I do but I don't sweeten them - they go with sweet or savoury.
    40g oats, 2 eggs (though I'm going to try the next batch with 1) 3 tbsp plain yoghurt. Whizz up together. I let it stand a bit if I can wait so the oats soak up the liquid, then fry in frylight. I've had them with berries and yoghurt and with bacon and egg. The original recipe adds a bit of sweetener and vanilla essence.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th May 18, 3:31 PM
    • 30,083 Posts
    • 430,304 Thanks
    tweets
    -3 this week
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well primani was a bit of a disaster we spent £138 between us , me and dh, but over half going back, i got a lovely wrap dress, well you cant keep my fried eggs in it so anyone with a fuller bust would not manage
    Hubby got some t shirts in med, some fit , some dont, his shorts are all button flies and he dont like them as struggles with having a fore finger missing
    His swim shorts are too tight around the crutch so 2 pairs going back, bloody hells bells
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th May 18, 5:01 PM
    • 3,263 Posts
    • 33,988 Thanks
    curl girl
    -3 this week
    Originally posted by tweets

Well done tweets but I thought you were at target?!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 3,263 Posts
    • 33,988 Thanks
    curl girl
    My waffles were a bit of a disaster.
    Overfilled the machine, then opened it too soon, then it wouldn't stick together again.
    Tried again with some leftover mixture, a little better but I was only left with a tiny edible portion and a complete mess in my kitchen.
    Not put off though, I'll try again.......
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th May 18, 5:23 PM
    • 30,083 Posts
    • 430,304 Thanks
    tweets

Well done tweets but I thought you were at target?!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I am now

I do SW at home so don't pay if I go over or below target
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 5:23 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    -3 this week
    well done
    My waffles were a bit of a disaster.
    Overfilled the machine, then opened it too soon, then it wouldn't stick together again.
    Tried again with some leftover mixture, a little better but I was only left with a tiny edible portion and a complete mess in my kitchen.
    Not put off though, I'll try again.......
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Oh when i opened it too soon , i put it back down and it resealed itself
    My sister has borrowed it now and i will see if i can get the pic off phone as her looks lush but she tried to make the pancakes in the week and it was just a dallop she still ate it and sd it tasted nice but looked a mess, these were banana pancakes for ww, no good for us as we would have to syn.
    I have my ice cream maker will report back
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 5:30 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    Last edited by bubbs; 13-05-2018 at 5:33 PM.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 5:50 PM
    • 16,368 Posts
    • 195,788 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well primani was a bit of a disaster we spent £138 between us , me and dh, but over half going back, i got a lovely wrap dress, well you cant keep my fried eggs in it so anyone with a fuller bust would not manage
    Hubby got some t shirts in med, some fit , some dont, his shorts are all button flies and he dont like them as struggles with having a fore finger missing
    His swim shorts are too tight around the crutch so 2 pairs going back, bloody hells bells
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Now repeat the same behaviour at Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury... and you should be ready all done.

-3 this week
    Well done, you must have been really good all week xx

OMG - I really need a waffle maker that looks lush. Is that a frozen muller I spot there - you will be having ice-cream tomorrow. My ice-cream maker will arrive on Wednesday, so ice-cream on Thursday.

I need to find a mint choc chip ice-cream recipe for OH - then he won't moan at me too much!

I have done a bubbs and been cooking... Today we are having, mash and roasted pot, carrots, cauli, broccoli and beef for lunch. I have cooked a crustless quiche, there is aubergine and toms for packed lunches and beef stew for tomorrow's tea. Just thinking about making spicy parsnip soup (as I have two packs of whoopsie parsnips that need using).

I do have a crepe maker - so may be tempted to make some pancakes.

1st day back at work tomorrow and in a new job and more like a proper job than the last one, so I need to be prepared - I have carrots and tomato ready for snacking.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 6:26 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    Now repeat the same behaviour at Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury... and you should be ready all done.

Well done, you must have been really good all week xx

OMG - I really need a waffle maker that looks lush. Is that a frozen muller I spot there - you will be having ice-cream tomorrow. My ice-cream maker will arrive on Wednesday, so ice-cream on Thursday.

I need to find a mint choc chip ice-cream recipe for OH - then he won't moan at me too much!

I have done a bubbs and been cooking... Today we are having, mash and roasted pot, carrots, cauli, broccoli and beef for lunch. I have cooked a crustless quiche, there is aubergine and toms for packed lunches and beef stew for tomorrow's tea. Just thinking about making spicy parsnip soup (as I have two packs of whoopsie parsnips that need using).

I do have a crepe maker - so may be tempted to make some pancakes.

1st day back at work tomorrow and in a new job and more like a proper job than the last one, so I need to be prepared - I have carrots and tomato ready for snacking.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    No its not ice cream, my sister made these with my waffle maker, its total 0% fat yoghurt with berries, i have cooked a chicken (for tea) we not had it yet will be late because of the race, i have cooked a gammon and have a quiche in now, just going to do some ironing then will be tea time i wil try ice cream , it says 8hrs but will have been in about 6
    SSM this was in with my maker NOT SW friendly
    choc mint ice cream

200ml skimmed milk
    50g confectioners sugar
    200ml heavy cream
    few drops peppermint extract
    50g choc drops
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th May 18, 8:00 PM
    • 30,083 Posts
    • 430,304 Thanks
    tweets
    Maman

Stoke
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 13th May 18, 8:16 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 15,530 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Having a lousy weekend so going to (try) Drs hopefully tomorrow but if not sometime this week. So had enough of being bone tired . I have done nothing but sleep this weekend with today being the worse ever for exhaustion. Saturday had sudden onset fatigue and slept for an hour but then felt ok until about 7 then started feeling tired again. Managed to stay awake but was dozing by 9 so went to bed. Slept through night til hubby got up but I just couldn’t stay awake long enough to get up. Finally dragged myself out of bed about 10. After walking dog and having breakfast fatigue returned and I slept for 3 hours and am still feeling exhausted
    Beginning to think I have CFS/ ME now as all blood tests came back ok recently.
    Sorry for essay
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    Having a lousy weekend so going to (try) Drs hopefully tomorrow but if not sometime this week. So had enough of being bone tired . I have done nothing but sleep this weekend with today being the worse ever for exhaustion. Saturday had sudden onset fatigue and slept for an hour but then felt ok until about 7 then started feeling tired again. Managed to stay awake but was dozing by 9 so went to bed. Slept through night til hubby got up but I just couldn’t stay awake long enough to get up. Finally dragged myself out of bed about 10. After walking dog and having breakfast fatigue returned and I slept for 3 hours and am still feeling exhausted
    Beginning to think I have CFS/ ME now as all blood tests came back ok recently.
    Sorry for essay
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy
    TIE, I hope you get an answer but i was in bed about 9.30 as well last night
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 9:13 PM
    • 16,368 Posts
    • 195,788 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No its not ice cream, my sister made these with my waffle maker, its total 0% fat yoghurt with berries, i have cooked a chicken (for tea) we not had it yet will be late because of the race, i have cooked a gammon and have a quiche in now, just going to do some ironing then will be tea time i wil try ice cream , it says 8hrs but will have been in about 6
    SSM this was in with my maker NOT SW friendly
    choc mint ice cream

200ml skimmed milk
    50g confectioners sugar
    200ml heavy cream
    few drops peppermint extract
    50g choc drops
    Thanks had to google what confectioners sugar (icing) and heavy cream (double cream) is.

Just had pancakes with the powdered oats... yummy.

I batch made them - by OH came into the kitchen, filled a plate and ate most of them! Pig
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs

Muller ice cream, need to leave for about another 5 mins
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:30 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks had to google what confectioners sugar (icing) and heavy cream (double cream) is.

Just had pancakes with the powdered oats... yummy.

I batch made them - by OH came into the kitchen, filled a plate and ate most of them! Pig
    I have never made the pancakes, do you do big thin ones like when you make normal ones?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 9:41 PM
    • 16,368 Posts
    • 195,788 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I have never made the pancakes, do you do big thin ones like when you make normal ones?
    The batter was thicker than normal pancake batter, so I made small ones to get them as thin as possible.

OH loved them!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    The batter was thicker than normal pancake batter, so I made small ones to get them as thin as possible.

OH loved them!
    Ok thanks did you use the same mixture as i used for waffles?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • esmy
    • By esmy 13th May 18, 9:56 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 4,228 Thanks
    esmy

SSM I'm going to have a go at the mint aero ice cream from the link - hate to think what the syns are but only 3 ingredients

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/recipes/easy-homemade-ice-cream?utm_source=B%26M+Newsletters++2018&utm_campa ign=34b7b2d9f8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_05_10&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_4c300691f3-34b7b2d9f8-120727785

Sorry that's a long link!

Bubbs I make the pancakes sort of saucer size in a little frying pan - thicker than normal pancakes, bit like American pancakes.
    Last edited by esmy; 13-05-2018 at 9:58 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 52,885 Posts
    • 628,026 Thanks
    bubbs
    SSM I'm going to have a go at the mint aero ice cream from the link - hate to think what the syns are but only 3 ingredients

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/recipes/easy-homemade-ice-cream?utm_source=B%26M+Newsletters++2018&utm_campa ign=34b7b2d9f8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_05_10&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_4c300691f3-34b7b2d9f8-120727785

Sorry that's a long link!

Bubbs I make the pancakes sort of saucer size in a little frying pan - thicker than normal pancakes, bit like American pancakes.
    Originally posted by esmy
    Thanks, may have to invest in 1
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,653Posts Today

7,114Users online

Martin's Twitter