Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 4,504Posts
    • 79,076Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 7th May 18, 12:30 PM
    Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 7th May 18 at 12:30 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 11
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th May 18, 8:07 PM
    • 16,435 Posts
    • 196,283 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I have ordered an ice-cream maker from Amazon.

Off to look at waffle makers!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th May 18, 9:08 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 36,002 Thanks
    curl girl
    Evening all.

I know I've asked before but can you give me the waffle recipe please bubbs.
    They look lovely.
    My sister gave me her waffle maker, just a cheapie from Lidl, but it makes small heart shape Waffles, may give it a try tomorrow.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th May 18, 9:30 PM
    • 16,435 Posts
    • 196,283 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Evening all.

They look lovely.
    My sister gave me her waffle maker, just a cheapie from Lidl, but it makes small heart shape Waffles, may give it a try tomorrow.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    jealous.com.

Have you got an ice-cream maker for the mullers?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th May 18, 9:42 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 36,002 Thanks
    curl girl
    jealous.com.

Have you got an ice-cream maker for the mullers?
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    No, I've thrown a vanilla in the freezer though.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th May 18, 9:49 PM
    • 16,435 Posts
    • 196,283 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No, I've thrown a vanilla in the freezer though.
    After about an hour, they are rather lush - not totally frozen.

I'm thinking I can make loads of yoghurt ice-cream and freeze it - save freezer room on all the yoghurt pots. And I can serve home made ice-cream at the wedding do. So far I have: Brie, coke (from ages ago), salt popcorn, and the cocktails.... so yoghurt ice-cream will be add to the weird food selection!

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 36,002 Thanks
    curl girl
    After about an hour, they are rather lush - not totally frozen.

I'm thinking I can make loads of yoghurt ice-cream and freeze it - save freezer room on all the yoghurt pots. And I can serve home made ice-cream at the wedding do. So far I have: Brie, coke (from ages ago), salt popcorn, and the cocktails.... so yoghurt ice-cream will be add to the weird food selection!

You forgot your fizz stash!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 8:57 AM
    • 53,243 Posts
    • 630,800 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all.

They look lovely.
    Sorry i went bed was totally knackered this is hexb
    40g oats, 1 egg, teaspoon sweetner, muller
    I whizz the oats till they are smoother then just beat the egg in the the muller so it goes like a batter x

Morning all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 13th May 18, 9:21 AM
    • 7,774 Posts
    • 27,748 Thanks
    Nicki
    Batteries have run out in my scales this morning!

When I last weighed (on Thursday) I was -1lb so I'll go with with for this week's chart and can readjust next week if needed.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 9:35 AM
    • 16,435 Posts
    • 196,283 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    You forgot your fizz stash!
    OMG how can I forget that I have 120 bottles minus the 2 OH has dark this week and the bottle of champagne that DS1 took on the honeymoon for his wife's birthday - I have told OH he is banned from drinking anymore!

I also have 20 cans on Amstel - from when it was comparing well with cashback.

I need the cardboard pizzas to be free again!

Sorry i went bed was totally knackered this is hexb
    40g oats, 1 egg, teaspoon sweetner, muller
    I whizz the oats till they are smoother then just beat the egg in the the muller so it goes like a batter x

Morning all
    Originally posted by bubbs
    See Beanie - Mr bubbs exhausted her!

bubbs what do you whizz the oats in?

Batteries have run out in my scales this morning!

When I last weighed (on Thursday) I was -1lb so I'll go with with for this week's chart and can readjust next week if needed.
    Originally posted by Nicki
    I think Mr bubbs may have stolen your batteries!!

Well done on your loss. x
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 53,243 Posts
    • 630,800 Thanks
    bubbs
    OMG how can I forget that I have 120 bottles minus the 2 OH has dark this week and the bottle of champagne that DS1 took on the honeymoon for his wife's birthday - I have told OH he is banned from drinking anymore!

I also have 20 cans on Amstel - from when it was comparing well with cashback.

I need the cardboard pizzas to be free again!

See Beanie - Mr bubbs exhausted her!

bubbs what do you whizz the oats in?

I think Mr bubbs may have stolen your batteries!!

Well done on your loss. x
    Chance would be a fine thing
    I whizz them in my food processor part of kenwood
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:39 AM
    • 53,243 Posts
    • 630,800 Thanks
    bubbs
    Right , im off in the shower then we are going to get some holiday clothes , i am going to go primarni for some as never been able to buy from there before weight loss as was too fat
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 10:15 AM
    • 16,435 Posts
    • 196,283 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Right , im off in the shower then we are going to get some holiday clothes , i am going to go primarni for some as never been able to buy from there before weight loss as was too fat
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Primarni is perfect - shorts and tops from £2 each

Enjoy x
    • esmy
    • By esmy 13th May 18, 10:17 AM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 4,306 Thanks
    esmy
    Morning everyone.

Well done losers, especially Poohsticks! Oh and thanks for the scales recommendation, I got them yesterday. They seem fine and ,more to the point, weigh me the same as last week on my old ones. I was almost frightened to get on in case they added a few lbs!

Enjoy your Primani trip Bubbs - come back and show us what you got. I'm in the process of altering what I can from last years summer/holiday clothes. I'm loathe to spend more money on things I wear for about 4 weeks in the year.

Todays menu
    B Boiled eggs and crispbreads
    L Cottage cheese salad
    D sausage mash and veg - eaten a lot of salad lately and I'm craving cooked green veg!! That's something I never thought I'd say...

Have a good Sunday all.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th May 18, 11:27 AM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 36,002 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning all.

Can report -1lb

I expected to put on as I enjoyed a Eurovision party on my own last night and enjoyed a few glasses of fizz, chocolate eclairs and a bag of crisps!

But I have tried to be good all week and I've decided that since I've limited my bread intake it has helped.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th May 18, 11:27 AM
    • 58,054 Posts
    • 238,999 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy shopping Bubbs
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 58,054 Posts
    • 238,999 Thanks
    beanielou
    Does anyone make these pancakes?
    Maybe similar to bubb's waffles?
    Oats & the low sugar & eggs?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 13th May 18, 11:30 AM
    • 4,171 Posts
    • 10,637 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Morning all

Well WI saw a STS which I was pleased with given what i ate and drank last weekend.

But the best news was that I went out last night in a 16 skirt which was loose as well so well chuffed with that. Was realtively good - drank loads of water instead of wine so no hang over either.

Think I'll try P00sticks diet this week - would love to see my consultants face if I lost that lol.

Going to be domestic today as it's lovely here but will either go for a long walk with Dog later or go cycling
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 12:17 PM
    • 16,435 Posts
    • 196,283 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Does anyone make these pancakes?
    Maybe similar to bubb's waffles?
    Oats & the low sugar & eggs?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    With muller!

Morning all

Well WI saw a STS which I was pleased with given what i ate and drank last weekend.

But the best news was that I went out last night in a 16 skirt which was loose as well so well chuffed with that. Was realtively good - drank loads of water instead of wine so no hang over either.

Think I'll try P00sticks diet this week - would love to see my consultants face if I lost that lol.

Going to be domestic today as it's lovely here but will either go for a long walk with Dog later or go cycling
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Congratulations
    • CattyCatX
    • By CattyCatX 13th May 18, 1:01 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    CattyCatX
    Very tentative -0.5 lb for me.... which would be my first loss in about 6 weeks! Need something to kickstart the last few remaining pounds... I've upped my speed and doing more exercise so not sure why I'm not losing. Maybe I just need to accept that this is my body's happy weight... Although I have had a very stressful month for various reasons and I think my body tends to hold onto fat at times of stress... Unfortunately life isn't going to get any less stressful until at least the middle of June at the earliest!
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 13th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 6,485 Posts
    • 7,018 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Morning all, hope everyone is well.

Well done to those with losses or STS's.

Glad you like the scales esmy

Can I thank whoever it was on this board (I think) - sorry, I don't remember who - who recommended the book 'Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine'. I've just finished reading it and really enjoyed it - it's very thought provoking.

Plan for today:

B: overnight oats: 40g grape nuts (HEXB), raspberry & cranberry muller light, mixed summer fruits
    L: stuffed mushrooms (HEXA cheese, onion, small slice wholelemeal bread)
    D: HM burgers, sweet potato jackets and some sort of veg (courgette, sweetcorn, mushrooms and/or red pepper )

Snacks: easy peelers, banana
    Syns: 4.5 for bread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,796Posts Today

7,351Users online

Martin's Twitter