Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Talkingsinger
    • By Talkingsinger 7th May 18, 10:41 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Talkingsinger
    At what stage of sale is it appropriate for buyer to ask if they can come measure for furniture?
    • 7th May 18, 10:41 AM
    At what stage of sale is it appropriate for buyer to ask if they can come measure for furniture? 7th May 18 at 10:41 AM
    Iím sure there's an etiquette on this. What are peopleís opinions?
Page 2
    • the_quick
    • By the_quick 8th May 18, 9:39 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    the_quick
    Do people view multiple time to kind of feel, that they are doing something apart from waiting for the process to finalize?
    We are waiting for exchange and apart fro 1st viewing, we did not go again. We made some notes and that's about it. I will be ordering bits like furniture, white good etc, when we move in. I wouldn't even dream of doing so before exchange and after it will be only 2 weeks till we move in - so I don't mind extra 2 weeks waiting.
    Me as a seller, wouldn't mind much, but again you have to go through process of tidying the house and clean it - so buyers can come - bit of hassle tbh.
    Everyone has own process.
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 8th May 18, 10:14 AM
    • 3,197 Posts
    • 5,206 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    Do people view multiple time to kind of feel, that they are doing something apart from waiting for the process to finalize?
    We are waiting for exchange and apart fro 1st viewing, we did not go again. We made some notes and that's about it. I will be ordering bits like furniture, white good etc, when we move in. I wouldn't even dream of doing so before exchange and after it will be only 2 weeks till we move in - so I don't mind extra 2 weeks waiting.
    Me as a seller, wouldn't mind much, but again you have to go through process of tidying the house and clean it - so buyers can come - bit of hassle tbh.
    Everyone has own process.
    Originally posted by the_quick
    You're paying many thousands of pounds for a property you've only viewed once? Madness!
    • ReadingTim
    • By ReadingTim 8th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 2,774 Posts
    • 3,980 Thanks
    ReadingTim
    You're paying many thousands of pounds for a property you've only viewed once? Madness!
    Originally posted by Tabbytabitha
    Yep - must have seen the place for less than half an hour all in. 12 years later, I'm still living in it. I'm bonkers me.
    • fromtheshires
    • By fromtheshires 8th May 18, 12:21 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 243 Thanks
    fromtheshires
    I would have been more than happy for my buyer to measure up once they process was well under way, but as I was leaving all the blinds / curtains / poles and the fact my rooms were square shaped with no cut outs, I guess there was no need.

The house I was buying they were pretty insistent I went round and measured up which I thought was odd. I guess they just wanted to scope out who was moving into 'their' home. I didnt go and measure as I knew all my furniture fitted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,366Posts Today

7,412Users online

Martin's Twitter