Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Leavemealone
    • By Leavemealone 6th May 18, 9:53 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Leavemealone
    DWP Harrassing us
    • 6th May 18, 9:53 PM
    DWP Harrassing us 6th May 18 at 9:53 PM
    We are 2 females of pension age who occupy one house. We are in poor health, and getting worse. We have no family support. We keep our own bank accounts, nothing joint, however for the past 15 months we feel we are being harrassed.

About 15 months' ago we each received letters advising of a 'joint' visit, at the time I was hospitalized and this was cancelled.

A couple of months' later, our Pension Credits were suddenly stopped and another visit was announced after 2 weeks' payments had been missed. A nice lady came we answered all of her questions truthfully, even offering her a tour of the house as she seemed to be questioning our living arrangements. She declined, said she was happy, and said our benefits would begin very shortly. 13 weeks later, nothing, no letters, no money, nothing. I was again in hospital, and a helper on the ward told my friend she should contact CAB. That proved impossible no local telephone number, and being disabled there was no parking anyware near the local office so my friend called DWP. Nothing much was said, she was asked to wait, then after a short while was told the back payments would be put into her bank that day, and regular payments would commence the next Monday, no apology, no explanation, nothing. When I came home from hospital I did the same, and was treated in the same way. For almost a year nothing happened, no contact, nothing, and nothing has changed in our individual circumstances, however, the day before this bank holiday weekend, one of us received a letter telling to say that the addressee only, should attend for interview, bring all the usual and sometimes very private pieces of 'evidence'. The same that they had seen from both of us during their last visit.

Both of us are physically disabled and would be claiming carers' allowance for each other, but we are too old. We just want to be left alone for whatever time we each have left, and their continual embarrassment and innuendo are causing much anxiety.

Personally, I have a re-occurrence of Cancer being treated, We have both received the recently highlighted breast screening letters, I have just had a knee replacement, am being treated for a painful hip -problem and now diagnosed with Arthritis of the spin to add to all the other joints that are already affected.

We really would just like these people to be honest with us and stop treating us this way. We never made a formal complaint about the 13 weeks with Pension Credit, perhaps we should have?

What would anyone suggest to get them off our backs, or will only death do that.
Page 3
    • Thomas The Tank Top
    • By Thomas The Tank Top 17th May 18, 5:44 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    Thomas The Tank Top
    Morning Andy. Please keep us updated on Flo.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 17th May 18, 9:02 AM
    • 9,009 Posts
    • 6,741 Thanks
    pmduk
    At this stage, I think you should be contacting your MP at their House of Commons office as a matter of urgency to intervene in this.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 20th May 18, 8:42 PM
    • 11,241 Posts
    • 24,130 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    This would not surprise me.

My brother having been in hospital for the last 5 months is now at home.

He is bedridden, paralysed with only one hand he can move. He has a life limiting prognosis.He has brain and lung tumours.He sleeps most of the time and is drugged up to the eyeballs.

He has carers 4 times a day and a district nurse every day.

DWP are in possession of all the relevant paperwork and yet they still insist on paying him a visit to see if he is fit for work!!

What a waste of time and money.
    • Morglin
    • By Morglin 23rd May 18, 9:45 AM
    • 14,658 Posts
    • 26,972 Thanks
    Morglin
    The OP should contact their MP.

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Lin
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,095Posts Today

7,697Users online

Martin's Twitter