Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dok
    • By dok 6th May 18, 3:10 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 2Thanks
    dok
    Claim form recieved but not sure what to do next
    • 6th May 18, 3:10 PM
    Claim form recieved but not sure what to do next 6th May 18 at 3:10 PM
    Hello,

Im hoping someone can help me out. I have recieved a Claim form in the post, from a Money claims online. They are trying to collect payment for PCNs issued on 23/04/17, 19/8/17 and 20/03/18. Issue date is 2/5/18

To my knowledge im aware of one of these, however not the other two. Hard to remember back that far to be fair.

As it stands i haven't communicated with anyone, i ignored the letter that came through the post for the recent PCN which is the one i know about. This was for parking on a private car park for 10 mins while i dropped off in the town.

I can gt pictures of the notice board if required but i was wondering if there is a limitation on timescale on them being able to make a claim, especially as it was over 12 months ago.

Any help from you wonderful & majestic people will be greatly received.

Regards

Dok or AKA Brett
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th May 18, 3:11 PM
    • 57,430 Posts
    • 71,027 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th May 18, 3:11 PM
    • 6th May 18, 3:11 PM
    You need to read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread first, and do the AOS online as the first step.

That thread tells you all about what to do when.

Which parking firm is named as the claimant?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 6th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 6th May 18, 3:12 PM
    6 years to make a claim, been that way since 1973 in England and Wales
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • dok
    • By dok 6th May 18, 5:56 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dok
    • 6th May 18, 5:56 PM
    • 6th May 18, 5:56 PM
    Hi Coupon-Mad

Its business watch guarding in telford, Also, whats an AOS?
    Last edited by dok; 06-05-2018 at 6:01 PM.
    • dok
    • By dok 6th May 18, 6:05 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dok
    • 6th May 18, 6:05 PM
    • 6th May 18, 6:05 PM
    got it now
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th May 18, 6:06 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 6,657 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th May 18, 6:06 PM
    • 6th May 18, 6:06 PM
    Business Watch Guarding Limited are a BPA AoS member.

BPA = British Parking Association

AOS = Acknowledgement of Service

AoS = Approved operator Scheme.

For any other abbreviations, please see post #5 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 6th May 18, 6:53 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th May 18, 8:17 PM
    • 2,297 Posts
    • 4,100 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 6th May 18, 8:17 PM
    • 6th May 18, 8:17 PM
    What are the 3rd and 4th letter of the claim. Is it QZ?
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • dok
    • By dok 7th May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dok
    • 7th May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 7th May 18, 4:49 PM
    Hi IamEmanresu

Yes it is, What does that mean?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 12:21 AM
    • 57,430 Posts
    • 71,027 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think it tells who filed it, e.g. GF is Gladstones solicitors.

I expect IamEmanresu knows who QZ are.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dok
    • By dok 9th May 18, 6:08 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dok
    Ok, so i have completed the AOS, by my workings the last date for the defence to be submitted is either 1st or 4th june, depending on if they take the 3rd (Actual Day, a Sunday) as a before or after the date thing?

Im confused as to what to do next. As far as i know i had no LBC,
    and how do i go about defending. My defence is the same as a lot of others i guess with just my specifics included, is this right?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 6:50 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 6,657 Thanks
    KeithP
    If the issue date on your claim form is 2nd May, then your Defence must be filed by 4pm on Monday 4th June 2018.

As you say, your Defence will be the same as a lot of others.
    Just find a suitable Defence and adjust it as necessary.
    Post your draft here for review before filing.

There are around a dozen sample Defences linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for a start.
    • dok
    • By dok 9th May 18, 7:55 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dok
    Thanks Keith, ill get right on it. Thank you for the advice.

When and who do i ask for evidence, im guessing that now its going to court, contact with the named company is required?
    Last edited by dok; 09-05-2018 at 8:01 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    that all comes later on , after the court has been allocated

no need to guess, all you need to do is READ the links posted in the NEWBIES faq sticky thread, one by LOC123 and the other by BARGEPOLE

the court will require both sides to submit evidence , witness statements etc nearer the time, that is when you get to see their evidence , photos and statements etc (and they see yours)

for now, you should only be looking at sorting out your defence and emailing it before the deadline , nothing else
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 6,657 Thanks
    KeithP
    Write your Defence first. Worry about evidence later.
    Your Defence will dictate what evidence you need to back it up.

Having said that, if, for example, you are intending to rely on poor signs, then perhaps you should get pictures of those signs now, before they are changed.

Has the claimant supplied all the information they are obliged to supply to you?
    Again, read post #2 of the NEWBIES, particularly the bit about Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims and the link to it.

You should be spotting a pattern here.
    Read, and re-read until it sinks in, post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    It's not an easy read, but it needs to be done.
    • dok
    • By dok 9th May 18, 8:56 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dok
    Thanks both of you, you have given me what i need which was some clarity. Ive just started self employment so i am a little preoccupied.

There is a faint suggestion that i should be reading something , so i shall go do that. I will admit I've been a bit lazy, but i have read quite a bit, i got to some didn't apply, may of skipped ahead, and that's when i got confused.

I will take your advice and be back with a defense. i know what time i have now, so i can relax a little and not be too anxious about it.

Thanks

have a good evening
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,643Posts Today

9,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin