Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 5th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 119Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    I am being upgraded from Mum to Nan - I need a plan!
    • 5th May 18, 3:23 PM
    I am being upgraded from Mum to Nan - I need a plan! 5th May 18 at 3:23 PM
    I had a flicker of a LBM back at the end of December 2017 when I realised my debts had peaked at a whopping £28,929.14. Since then I have been trying to live within my means and get the debt down which today stands at £22,263.84.

With the exception of the loan for which I am making small overpayments and is ticking over nicely all credit card debt is on 0% finishing at different times. I will make a note of these later.

I found out last week I am going to be a Nan at the end of this year. I am so happy and excited and it's given me fresh impetus to get my debt down as much as possible by then.

My aims are:
    1. to get the debt down sufficiently by the end of next year so I can drop down to a 4 day week to assist with childcare
    2. will need to consider remortgaging in October 2020

I have already made some serious lifestyle changes:
    1. I took part in dry January and have pretty much continued with this to date saving myself around £50 per month
    2. I swapped smoking for vaping so am saving myself over £200 per month

Other changes I have made so far this year:
    1. I swapped my gas and electricity supplier as my previous one wanted to put my monthly direct debit up by £30
    2. I now pay car tax, insurance and contents insurance annually saving me on monthly credit interest. I am hoping my insurance won't go up too much this year as I shall be able to claim 2 years NCD if I am lucky
    3. I am now checking and using cash back sites to purchase online goods and services

I have one DD who although is not financially dependent on me, I still like to help out where I can

I am home to 2 rescue cats, and 4 fish.

I am not brand loyal but do try to live ethically where possible.

Things I can't change:
    1. I am very restricted as to what broadband / phone package I can have due to limited, not very well known suppliers here. I did look at changing to one of the few others but when I factored in the costs of set-up / activation / router costs, these would have outstripped the small savings
    2. My buildings insurance is included in my management charge
    3. I appreciate my car costs me a lot of money compared to the use I appear to get out of it but it's a need rather than a want.

I don't watch live TV so therefore do not pay for a TV licence.

I don't have life insurance but I qualify for my company's 4 X death in service benefit

I am happy to take the scenic route rather than cut back on life too much.

My SOA is below.

Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 1
    Number of children in household......... 0
    Number of cars owned.................... 1

Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 2548.81
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income............................ 6.5
    Total monthly income.................... 2555.31

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 806.5
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 0
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 98
    Council tax............................. 124
    Electricity............................. 38
    Gas..................................... 14.5
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 15
    Telephone (land line)................... 0
    Mobile phone............................ 10
    TV Licence.............................. 0
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 31.5
    Groceries etc. ......................... 300
    Clothing................................ 15
    Petrol/diesel........................... 50
    Road tax................................ 16.25
    Car Insurance........................... 37.25
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 30
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 207
    Childcare/nursery....................... 0
    Other child related expenses............ 0
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 5
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 20
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 7.5
    Life assurance ......................... 0
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 60
    Haircuts................................ 8
    Entertainment........................... 25
    Holiday................................. 25
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    Animal Charity Donation................. 5
    Hobbies................................. 9.99
    Vaping.................................. 25
    Loan Overpayment........................ 27.21
    Mortgage Overpayment.................... 43.46
    Cat Food, Fish Food & Litter............ 50
    Total monthly expenses.................. 2104.16

Assets

Cash.................................... 3750
    House value (Gross)..................... 225000
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 1000
    Other assets............................ 4000
    Total Assets............................ 233750

Secured & HP Debts

Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
    Mortgage...................... 133456...(806.5)....3.19
    Total secured & HP debts...... 133456....-.........-

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
    Barclaycard 1..................1319.15...29.68.....0 (ends 01/08/2018)
    Barclaycard 2..................3087......69.48.....0 (ends 01/01/2019)
    Barclaycard 3..................3087......69.48.....0 (ends 01/03/2019)
    TSB Loan.......................8299.44...187.9.....2.8 9
    Halifax 3......................2472......24.72.....0 (ends 24/07/2019)
    Halifax 2......................2537.5....25.38.....0 (ends 26/11/2018)
    Halifax 1......................1461.75...14.62.....0 (ends 23/02/2019)
    Total unsecured debts..........22263.84..421.26....-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 2,555.31
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 2,104.16
    Available for debt repayments........... 451.15
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 421.26
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 29.89

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 233,750
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -133,456
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -22,263.84
    Net Assets.............................. 78,030.16

Off for a walk to clear my head after all that.

M2N

My Updated SOA is now in post 14
    Last edited by Mum2Nan; 06-05-2018 at 9:55 AM. Reason: format
Page 3
    • daisy_jean
    • By daisy_jean 10th May 18, 12:52 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    daisy_jean
    Hiya!

Just read through your thread and didn't wanna read and run! You're making good headway, and I've really enjoyed reading this thread! We've all got our own plans and managements (and you have cats, which is a winner with me! I have 2 cats, 1 lovely and 1 demon!) so good luck to you! xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th May 18, 9:14 AM
    • 58,942 Posts
    • 244,825 Thanks
    beanielou
    That is a pain re the way Halifax assign payments and yes it means paying £3700 to Halifax by November to avoid paying interest on the Halifax 2 deal. That looks unrealistic on your budget and income so inevitably a balance transfer will be needed unless you are happy to take your savings very low. In total you will need to pay £1317 by August to Barclaycard and £3701 to Halifax by November so £5018 in total.

The monthly £350 will clear the Barclaycard 1 by August assuming the whole monthly payment comes off Barclaycard 1 deal. That is an additional £180 you need to find though on top of the £170 you currently pay. You have £100 surplus though and if you cancel mortgage overpayment that is another £47 so just £33 monthly either to come from savings on other budgets or from your emergency savings. After August you can concentrate on Halifax.
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Great advice.
    You are a whizz.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 10th May 18, 7:55 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    Thanks for stopping by daisy_jean, yes I love my cats dearly; Laurel & Hardy, very appropriate really as they wind each other up every now and then.

Thanks for confirming the numbers Enthusiastic. Grim reading but like you say once Barclaycard 1 is out of the way I can concentrate on Halifax.

Agree Beanielou

So today has been a good day MSE wise. I haven't had to spend any money, in fact I am in credit (more below). My meal plan is working out well and am really enjoying not having to come home and decide what to have for dinner.

It was a salmon sandwich out of the freezer for lunch today and I have the same again tomorrow as there was enough for 2 sandwiches so didn't see the point in opening the tuna. I honestly cannot taste the difference from it being frozen.

Tonight, was veg masala, pilau rice and HM Bombay potatoes and they were delicious. Going to definitely be making them again.

Have decided Saturday evening will be prawn linguine as I didn't plan for the whole week.
    Sunday I am visiting mum and dad and will have dinner there. Nothing like a bit of mum's home cooking and it's always a roast on Sunday.

Thinking ahead to next week and in my quest not to spend on food shopping, I have decided to cook a piece of gammon over the weekend in the slow cooker. There is enough there to feed the 5000 so will slice some for next week's lunch sandwiches, 2 or 3 evening meals and the gravy / sauce towards a soup, probably pea and ham to use up some of the peas that I must have heard were going to be severely rationed sometime this year as I have 3 bags of the little devils. I have portions of mashed potato in the freezer from the not so sad bag so will make use of those too. That combined with one or two prawn dishes (I have half the sea bed in my freezer) and a portion of HM shepherd's pie and the meal plan is almost complete.

The bad news:

The mortgage overpayment has been cancelled

The good news:

I have received a refund of £20 on a skirt I wasn't sure I liked and suited me and has been credited to my Sainsbury's card (note to self: this doesn't mean I can spend it!). It took almost 2 weeks to process.

After my unexpected trip to the opticians yesterday morning, I came home to find a letter advising my eye test is due in July. I don't need to budget for this as my company pay for eye tests and contribute up to £100 for glasses.

After the rollercoaster ride over the last few days and believe me I am still feeling the side-affects, I have decided I am having a date with Mr Pinot Grigio Rose on Saturday evening. This will come out of my entertainment budget.

Fingers crossed for another day of no spending money tomorrow.

One job for this weekend is to allocate payments to my various pots so I know what money I can use if I need to towards the Halifax 0% deal.
    Last edited by Mum2Nan; 10-05-2018 at 8:05 PM.
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 10th May 18, 9:26 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    I think you are doing really well, Mum2Nan. I really admire your determination to crack this.

just thought - I've made bolognaise sauce to store in the freezer until I needed it - then all I've got to do is heat it up and add pasta. I've also made curries and chilli con carne - but make sure you reserve some pots for the freezer that you use only for them, as they are never the same again afterwards (although perfectly alright for C-C-C and curries!)

Give a cuddle to Laurel and Hardy for me - I adore cats, but unfortunately I'm now allergic to them (sigh!)
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th May 18, 9:35 PM
    • 58,942 Posts
    • 244,825 Thanks
    beanielou
    Love your cats names

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 11th May 18, 8:57 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    Hi Capricorn

I had planned to make a Bolognese sauce last weekend but the mince seemed to have Ďgone offí. I understand what you mean about the containers as they discolour.

Sorry to hear you are allergic to cats. I would be mortified if I suddenly became the same.

I only intended to take on one cat initially but when I went to the cat rescue centre, Laurel & Hardy (I changed their names) had become Ďattachedí to one another. They both had a very poor start in life; one abandoned and the other orphaned. I took Laurel who was 10 weeks old home first and picked Hardy up 4 weeks later as he was still so very very small. Laurel genuinely seemed pleased to be reunited with Hardy, now some days I think he wishes he lived alone as Hardy winds him up!

Beanielou, I was toying with the idea of calling them Tom & Jerry, equally appropriate.

In MSE news, I have changed some of my savings pot categories and allocated the correct amounts to them.

Car: 415.50
    Contents Insurance: £30
    Presents: 120.00
    Boiler: £45
    Health & Beauty (not sure beauty is the right word but hey ho): £53
    Savings / Emergency: £2,715.13

The bad news:

The remote control is still dead. I donít think itís going to recover from drowning going through the wash so will have to bite the bullet and replace it. I will convert some of my Nectar points to pay for this.

The good news:

I still havenít been shopping but am running low on vegetables, other than frozen peas of course

Plans for this weekend:

As I wonít be going shopping tomorrow as normal, I intend to use that time between a lay-in and cleaning the fish tank

Clear out the airing / storage cupboard. I keep washing liquid and fabric conditioner in there. Shall we have bets now on how many bottles of each I will find?
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th May 18, 9:06 PM
    • 58,942 Posts
    • 244,825 Thanks
    beanielou
    5 fabric conditioner
    5 washing up liquid?

***Keep plodding***
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 12th May 18, 6:50 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    It's been another busy day organising things in the M2N flat after a lay-in until 8.30 am. A treat for me on a Saturday morning.

The airing / storage cupboard has been gone through and reorganised and can now actually find what I need. I came across 1 medium size 2 in 1 washing powder, 2.5 large bottles of washing liquid and the same for fabric conditioner so don't need to buy any of those for a while. I did buy them on offer though as these items are generally expensive. Curiously, I also have 2 unopened bottles of ironing water but I only have to iron the bare minimum so not sure why I have 1 let alone 2. These will probably last me the rest of my life.

Bedding has been washed (without any remote controls!), dried and is back on the bed.

One large load of darks is going through the wash as I write. I will put these on the clothes airer to dry overnight.

The gammon is cooking in the slow cooker with onions, leeks and carrots. I will add the peas a bit later as they tend to discolour if in for too long. I have made extra gravy / sauce to turn into a soup.

The bathroom and en-suite have been cleaned.

All floors have been swept / hoovered / mopped.

The bad news:

I have run out of fresh vegetables, fruit and salad so will need to go shopping for these tomorrow. I shall visit my local farm shop as you can buy all fruit and vegetables loose which means less waste. I hope not to spend any more than £7.

I have binned the remote control.

The good news:
    No money has been spent today.

I decided not to buy a bottle of wine this evening, primarily because I don't want to spend at least a fiver (1/7th) of my already slashed entertainment fund. I am not even into a full week of my new month so need to be careful. Also, as it's raining heavily here, I can't be bothered to go out and buy one.

My meal plan for evening meals next week is complete:

Sunday: Dinner at Mum and Dads
    Monday: Gammon
    Tuesday: Prawn Linguine
    Wednesday: HM Shepherds Pie
    Thursday: Omelette and Salad
    Friday: Gammon

Earlier this week I was feeling a bit resentful of my new MSE life but I am coming to terms with the new organised me.

Jobs for tomorrow:
    Clean the fish tank. I didn't feel up to doing this earlier.

5 X sandwiches for work. Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be cheese and Tuesday and Thursday gammon. A bit boring but at least I can freeze them and save money. I might push the boat out and get up 5 minutes earlier to add mustard to the gammon and pickle or tomato / onion to the cheese. Exciting life eh?

A job I am keen to do next weekend is to sort through my wardrobes and drawers if for no other reason than to free up a bit of space.
    Last edited by Mum2Nan; 12-05-2018 at 9:21 PM.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 12th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 7,428 Posts
    • 16,373 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Well done on cupboard sorting. What is ironing water? I fill my iron with water for steam pressing but just use normal tap water.
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 12th May 18, 7:21 PM
    • 2,457 Posts
    • 16,678 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    If it was onion or mustard I would put that on the sandwich before I freeze it. Maybe not tomato as I have a feeling it would go soggy maybe experiment.

Youíre doing really well. Keep going.
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 12th May 18, 7:37 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    It's a fragrant water you put into the iron to make your clothes that have already gone through the wash smell even fresher. On two separate occasions I must have thought I needed it. I know I definitely never had it when I moved in because I had nothing so at some point over the last 2 years or so I thought my life would be better off with it in it.
    Last edited by Mum2Nan; 12-05-2018 at 8:25 PM.
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 12th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    Thanks for the tips PurpleFairy. I will add the mustard and onions to the sandwiches in the morning (not frozen onions before) but agree about the tomato. I will Google and see what it suggests.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 12th May 18, 9:18 PM
    • 7,428 Posts
    • 16,373 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    It's a fragrant water you put into the iron to make your clothes that have already gone through the wash smell even fresher. On two separate occasions I must have thought I needed it. I know I definitely never had it when I moved in because I had nothing so at some point over the last 2 years or so I thought my life would be better off with it in it.
    Originally posted by Mum2Nan
    Lol. Remember that you haven't used it next time you are tempted to buy something like that. Surely clothes smell fresh anyway after being washed and conditioned?

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 12th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 555 Posts
    • 3,673 Thanks
    Chrystal
    I think the 'ironing water' is distilled, so if you live somewhere with lots of limescale it's the best way to stop your iron clogging up.
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 13th May 18, 6:20 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    Chrystal is correct. I double checked the label and it says it's to reduce limescale.

2 pea & ham soups now made and are in the freezer. I added a portion of mashed potato to thicken it and give it some texture and then added 2 large teaspoons of mustard to give it a kick. I think I might have slightly overdone the mustard but it tastes lovely.

Sandwiches for this week are in the freezer. After checking what can be frozen, I have now made cheese and pickle and gammon & mustard.

2 gammon meals are also freezing.

I popped to the farm shop and bought some fresh vegetables and fruit. Cost was £5.79. I changed my meal plan for next Thursday as it seemed pointless buying salad only to have it sitting in the fridge until then so will have a quick meal of scrambled egg on toast or similar.

Lovely meal at mum & dads earlier.

Bad News
    I have left the ground rent off my SoA. This costs £125 per year payable in 6 monthly instalments so now need to factor the additional £10.42 per month in. I hope that is the last of the payments now. I may offset some of this by cancelling Netflix next month

The fish tank has still not been cleaned

I will have to go food shopping Saturday as I will be out of milk by then and teabags are perilously low. I will make a list

Good News
    I am organised with lunches and evening meals again this week so this will save me money

A small payment has hit my Quidco account so has increased to £100.40. This will go towards either Halifax 2 or Barclaycard 2

I still have half a tank of fuel
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 13th May 18, 6:30 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    Forgot to say that I have also now converted £25 worth of Nectar points to replace the remote control. The additional £2.99 has been charged to my card that gets paid in full each month. I will try and absorb this into my grocery budget. If not, it will come out of my emergency fund.
    • Kitten868
    • By Kitten868 14th May 18, 10:51 AM
    • 1,065 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Kitten868
    Seriously impressed with how quickly you're adapting to the mse lifestyle. You've really hit the ground running quickly and adapted lots of things. It's amazing how debt clearing turns to house clearing isn't it? I definitely feel my most able to deal with debts when the house is clutter free.
    I'm so angry for you about the Halifax card balance! Even if you transferred your emergency fund over today or did a balance transfer it would take it off the wrong balance. I had the same problem with an MBNA once and I complained and they rectified it for me. Make a complaint on the website and their complaint team call you back. I think that's exactly the sort of thing the fca are trying to tackle. The people you call are useless at resolving this stuff.
    Keep up the amazing work. Xxx
    Loan 1 £5400/£8000
    Loan 2 £3400/£5800
    Total £8800/£13800 36% PAID

And CC £1475/1900
    • Mum2Nan
    • By Mum2Nan 14th May 18, 7:56 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Mum2Nan
    Thanks for stopping by Kitten and for the advice. There is no secure messaging facility I could see on the Halifax website so not sure how else to complain. No doubt it states somewhere in their T&Cs that this is how they allocate the payments so whilst itís annoying they are probably not doing anything wrong. Agree about house decluttering and tidying whilst being in debt. Definitely connected I think.

Today spent £1 on a packet of batteries. I remembered to take some of the loose change in the penny pot so no money on the credit card.

Tonight, I have joined the MSE Credit Club. It seems meaningless as it shows I have an excellent score despite being nearly £23,800 in debt as itís not using up to date figures, save for the mortgage.

Next Monday the BC D/D will go out reducing the debt figure down to £21,613.80 which is still a depressing amount. On the upside I will have paid back £7,315.34 since end of December when my LMB started flickering. Canít wait until I see it under £20K.

Bad news:

Other than the amount of my debt there isn't any.

Good news:

There isn't any of that either!
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 14th May 18, 8:23 PM
    • 7,428 Posts
    • 16,373 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    I think the 'ironing water' is distilled, so if you live somewhere with lots of limescale it's the best way to stop your iron clogging up.
    Originally posted by Chrystal
    Ah maybe. We live in soft water area so that is why I have never used it. We never have problem with limescale on kettle either.

Thanks for stopping by Kitten and for the advice. There is no secure messaging facility I could see on the Halifax website so not sure how else to complain. No doubt it states somewhere in their T&Cs that this is how they allocate the payments so whilst itís annoying they are probably not doing anything wrong. Agree about house decluttering and tidying whilst being in debt. Definitely connected I think.

Today spent £1 on a packet of batteries. I remembered to take some of the loose change in the penny pot so no money on the credit card.

Tonight, I have joined the MSE Credit Club. It seems meaningless as it shows I have an excellent score despite being nearly £23,800 in debt as itís not using up to date figures, save for the mortgage.

Next Monday the BC D/D will go out reducing the debt figure down to £21,613.80 which is still a depressing amount. On the upside I will have paid back £7,315.34 since end of December when my LMB started flickering. Canít wait until I see it under £20K.

Bad news:

Other than the amount of my debt there isn't any.

Good news:

There isn't any of that either!
    Originally posted by Mum2Nan
    I do wonder if it is worth ringing Halifax to ask if it is possible to move payments to the deal expiring this year.

You are doing brilliantly in getting the debt down by more than £7k in less than 6 months. If you keep this up you will be down to £15k or less by the end of the year and clear by end of next year which would tie in nicely with when you want to reduce hours.

I spent the day today with my 2 granddaughters and had some lovely baby snuggles from my 3 week old grand baby. I am sure you will love being a Nan.

• Kitten868
    • By Kitten868 15th May 18, 7:08 AM
    • 1,065 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Kitten868
    Halifax website bottom of the page 'help and guidance' then 'How to complain' then go down to 'email us using our secure online form'. It might be in the terms and conditions but it doesn't make it fair. I argued that it says it will pay money towards highest charging debts first and therefore the balance with the shortest expiry date not the transfer done first. And if they say no go to ombudsman. I find complaining to Halifax this way great. They really want to make you happy and can see when it's not fair. (I don't recommend making bogus complaints).
    Over £7k in 5 months wow! X
    Loan 1 £5400/£8000
    Loan 2 £3400/£5800
    Total £8800/£13800 36% PAID

And CC £1475/1900
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,044Posts Today

7,935Users online

Martin's Twitter