Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Mojos1978
    • By Mojos1978 5th May 18, 2:50 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ccj Help - Case Number but no Details
    • #1
    • 5th May 18, 2:50 AM
    Ccj Help - Case Number but no Details 5th May 18 at 2:50 AM
    Hi all.
    Please help. I am at a loss, just used clear score to check my rating to find I have a CCJ!
    It is from a previous address dated Feb 2016, I having been at that address since 2015.
    But there is no information on who I owe this money too? I have a case number but that us all.

    Any suggestions? I'm completely in the dark, I have never had to deal with anything like this...I don't know where to start...

Page 1
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 5th May 18, 4:57 AM
    • 9,907 Posts
    • 15,274 Thanks
    worried jim
    • #2
    • 5th May 18, 4:57 AM
    • #2
    • 5th May 18, 4:57 AM

    Should provide the details. Will cost 6.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • PaulW922
    • By PaulW922 7th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • 806 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    • #3
    • 7th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • #3
    • 7th May 18, 5:51 PM
    You could also call the court with the reference number - it is probably the bulk centre in Northampton.
  • National Debtline
    • #4
    • 8th May 18, 4:07 PM
    • #4
    • 8th May 18, 4:07 PM
    Hi Mojos and welcome to the forum

    You'll need to contact the court that issued the CCJ to find out who made the claim against you. You won't find this information at

    Your credit file or will tell you which court issued the CCJ, and you can then find the court's contact details here

    From there you'll have to contact the claimant to find out what the debt was for, but bear in mind this could prompt them into chasing you for the debt. If you have grounds to dispute the debt you may be able to have the CCJ set aside, or if you agree you owe it you could set up a payment plan. I'd recommend you contact one of the free debt advice agencies for more help with your options once you know a little more. Good luck with it all.

    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,802Posts Today

8,061Users online

Martin's Twitter