Most stupid/crazy complaints from buyers?

My favourite was when I sold a brand new item, RRP £24.99 for £5 including free postage which I paid £2.90 for. The item was made from plastic and the complaint was that the buyer felt they had paid too much, and that it felt too plasticky. Amazing.

Comments

• welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    'This book has too many pages'
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • lewishardwick
    lewishardwick Posts: 679 Forumite
    I had someone buy a camera lens off of me. They won the bidding, the asked will it fit x camera?

I actually bothered to respond saying it wouldn't. They huffed and puffed when I suggested they should check before bidding and that winning bids are binding.

They actually paid and left neutral feedback.

People are odd.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had an auction that started at 99p and the bidding went up to £20 which was more than the RRP. The buyer complained about my rip-off prices as you could get the item cheaper elsewhere. He seemed to have forgotten he actually bid that amount!
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    i bought some pens from poundland and sold them for £1.99. When it arrived she complained the pens were for sale in poundland.
    I explained not everyone had access to a poundland.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,059
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Forumite
    I sold a tent once, and the guy complained that his kids didn't like camping and he wanted to return it
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    lindens wrote: »
    i bought some pens from poundland and sold them for £1.99. When it arrived she complained the pens were for sale in poundland.
    I explained not everyone had access to a poundland.

How much did you make on that sale after deducting your purchase, postage, packaging, Paypal and eBay costs?
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    I have received the guitar that I purchased from you but it is out of tune.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,010
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I had a complaint on a greeting card that the envelope was bigger than the card.

Most of my stupid complaints are "I expected this 5cm widget to be bigger/smaller.". Not sure what people think happens to items in the post.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    It arrived too early :huh: Buyer had wanted it to arrive after her weekend away so she had something to look forward to when she got home.

It was a hairbrush.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,035
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I know I've posted this one before but it really concerned me to know some buyers think like this. Buyer bought something in the morning and I have an up to 1 day dispatch- but posted it that afternoon. Got an email that evening to say she was upset I'd posted it early and that basically I was a terrible seller.

I gave a half hearted apology (rather than risk poor feedback) but pointed out that it wasn't really early, just 'prompt' and her response was that she wasn't allowed to use ebay at work and had the habit of buying two or three things quickly, and then choosing the one she wanted when she got home from work and could clearly read the description- and she would then cancel the others.

All perfectly legal in the UK but as my stuff was BIN with immediate payment required that sort of cancelation costs me 20p paypal fees- plus possibly a relist fee.

She was obviously blocked.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure