Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 3rd May 18, 12:20 PM
    • 9,265Posts
    • 22,116Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Help shape the future of our Forum
    • 3rd May 18, 12:20 PM
    Help shape the future of our Forum 3rd May 18 at 12:20 PM
    Update 16 May 2018:

The survey is closing today. Thank you to everyone who's given us feedback on this. It's been very helpful!

----

Hi everyone!

We!!!8217;re running a consultation looking into ways to improve the Forum for everyone, whether you!!!8217;re a long time and/or regular forum poster, someone who posts just a couple of times a month or someone who never posts but lurks instead.

We!!!8217;d like to gauge your thoughts on what you!!!8217;re looking for from the Forum and what is important to you in a brief survey. It should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete although the more feedback you can give us the more help it will be.

The survey is anonymous and does not collect your IP address.

Thank you in advance to anyone who feeds back in it.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 16-05-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 3
    • seessexboy30
    • By seessexboy30 9th May 18, 3:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    seessexboy30
    Obvious
    How do I find my thread again to see if I've responses ??? I cant see a way to do this? Just see what ive posted.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 9th May 18, 3:40 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    frankie
    Gave up on it, stupid survey.

Just leave every thing as it is and don't b~gger around
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 14,622 Posts
    • 56,750 Thanks
    joansgirl
    How do I find my thread again to see if I've responses ??? I cant see a way to do this? Just see what ive posted.
    Originally posted by seessexboy30
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5838547
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • JCS1
    • By JCS1 9th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 7,492 Thanks
    JCS1
    I used to post on a regular basis on a cross stitch thread, myself and others frequently posted pictures of our current work.

Until......... we got told that copyright of those pictures would be with MSE, and they could use them as they wanted.

Cue end of a busy thread and a lot of unhappy people.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th May 18, 8:41 PM
    • 32,928 Posts
    • 20,736 Thanks
    DCFC79
    With question 5 it would be ideal if it could say you can only choose 1 number once.
    • earlywormgetsthebird
    • By earlywormgetsthebird 11th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    earlywormgetsthebird
    I'm another one who could not submit the form, due to the form submission errors on question 5. A message also keeps popping up advising me that it's a required answer - yet, quite frankly, it's pretty obvious that whoever designed the form, could have spent even a little more time designing it, and that's suggested with respect, before putting it live, for others to complete.

Lastly, may I suggest please, that you consider introducing regular MSE competitions (in addition to the usual competitions section), sponsored with prizes awarded by advertisers, open to all forum participants?

Also, how about introducing a Product Reviews section, open to a small number of invited participants, who have acquired relevant experience elsewhere? For example, as a former Top500 reviewer on Amazon, with a consistent helpfulness rating of around 92%, over the years, I would be happy to help as a product or services reviewer, as long as there is no pressure to 'shill' or give over-positive reviews, as there (...ahem) appears to be over on the 'vine show'...

Lastly, once the form is revised and corrected, I would be happy to submit my responses. But as it is, I'm also finding it impossible to complete fully.
    Last edited by earlywormgetsthebird; 11-05-2018 at 7:49 PM.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 11th May 18, 8:29 PM
    • 15,126 Posts
    • 20,691 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I used to post on a regular basis on a cross stitch thread, myself and others frequently posted pictures of our current work.

Until......... we got told that copyright of those pictures would be with MSE, and they could use them as they wanted.

Cue end of a busy thread and a lot of unhappy people.
    Originally posted by JCS1
    Presumably, MSE now owns the copyright of all the pics on the Lolcats thread.

I suspect that will come as a surprise to the original publishers.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • joeypesci
    • By joeypesci 15th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    joeypesci
    MSE don't own the copyright, the original poster still does. MSE just has a unlimited license to use and sell your images, but you still own the copyright. Not sure what happens if they do sell your image, would you get royalties from that license? I assume not.

7. User content
    7.1. When you post content on our Site, you agree and represent that you have created that content. You still own any copyright in the text that you post on our Site. However, when you post text, images, video or other media, you expressly grant us a perpetual, fully transferable, worldwide royalty-free licence to republish that text on our Site and to use/redistribute/make available and/or sell that text in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented anywhere in the world as part of an edited compilation or otherwise. We may automatically track certain contextual links in your Forum posts, whether through Skimlinks or through our own technology. See our Skimlinks & Affiliated Links guide for more details.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/terms-conditions
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 16th May 18, 10:20 AM
    • 9,265 Posts
    • 22,116 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Thanks for your help and your feedback everyone. The survey will be closing today. Any kind of feedback will have been useful.

Thank you for posting the t&cs answering the copyright query joeypesci.

We like to highlight the amazing savings and bargains forumites tell us about in our news stories, on our other social media channels and in the weekly email and, if we can, like to use MoneySavers' own photos.

Have a look at some of our past news stories

If you've got a great story to let us know about email news@moneysavingexpert.com with just a brief description of what it's about, how you saved etc.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/site/2018/02/meet-the-complete-moneysaving-family-mse-users-share-their-success-stories-from-the-last-15-years

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2017/06/i-won-my-10000-wedding-comping-on-the-mse-forum

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2013/11/10k-comping-prize-turns-skintdad-into-winning-dad

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2013/09/comping-success-sees-moneysaver-nearly-score-at-old-trafford
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,077Posts Today

6,923Users online

Martin's Twitter