Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• No - didn't get the additional accidental damage insurance. By the time I have claimed on the insurance and paid the excess I may as well soak the cost up. I will try the ironing thing, but not today - I'm lucky in that it's on the outside of the sofa that nobody ever sees so it isn't urgent.
    So I went out with dd while ds and his dad were at the football. She has shopped me to death again. I had wanted to get some potatoes at Mr T but couldn't be bothered as it was so busy. I'll get some while I'm out tutoring tomorrow. We waited in St@rbucks for ds and I was quite shocked when I saw ex - he looked awful. He's obviously really unwell again... I spoke to ds on the way home, who is quite upset seeing his dad in that state. He told me that he had wanted to come home last night, but felt obliged to stay with his dad because he didn't want to upset him. That has really upset me. We have talked about it and decided that he won't stay there again until his dad is better, and I've told him that he is not responsible for his dad's happiness so not to try to be. Poor little man. I'm trying to spoil him a bit tonight...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good call for DS not stay with his dad again til his dad is more on an even keel.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Morning all :coffee:
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed my extra hour in bed this morning. It was very sweet knowing that there was no hurry to get up, and I feel quite rested for it. I had ds in with me last night (no surprise at all) and he slept very well as well, which I'm pleased about. He seems ok this morning as well which I'm relieved about. I sent ex a text last night just to explain what I had discussed with ds and to say I'm not stopping him seeing the kids, but it's in everyone's best interests if he's better before we consider overnight stays again. No reply, but at least he knows.
    Another busy day today - but in a good way. I have tutoring this morning, and then we're going to my mam's this afternoon for a couple of hours. I also absolutely have to do some school work. I've successfully ignored it all week but obviously I'm back tomorrow. There's been so much change going on that it's almost like starting again in September. I have a couple of brand new classes in terms of the kids sitting in front of me, which is always a bit nerve wracking - plus as MT said, it's the long 8 week slog to Christmas with dark nights and dark mornings. I think this is the hardest half term of the year. I'll get through it because I always do but the anxiety is there. Hopefully this medication will start working soon and take the edge off it all.
    Right - time to get on.
  • beanielou
    Enjoy your day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Evening all :hello:
    It's just a quick one from me this evening as I've been really busy today (no surprise).
    Full teaching day at school which went ok. Couple of minor niggles, to do with the class changes and moving rooms for teaching etc which left my poor Year 11 with one of the worst lessons I've ever done in my life. Never mind - they will forgive me. Stayed after work to make sure that I got the mock exams in for photocopying as I'd left it and left it... but that is now done. Managed to leave not long after 4pm.
    Then had to take 2 of the cats to the vet for check ups - my naughty tortie and tuxy cat. It's good news, they've both gained back the weight they had lost and the vet is pleased with how they're both doing. Just waiting for some blood test results for one of them, but no news is good news. Even better, the insurance for tuxy continues to pay out for her so there's minimal impact on my bank balance.
    There isn't much else to report. I'd thought to prepare mince for the slow cooker so we had a decent meal tonight, with plenty of leftovers for a later date. I've also booked a large grocery shop to be delivered on payday as I can't foresee a time I'll be able to go and we're getting short of a couple of things.
    So I have an hour now, just to relax and watch a bit of tv. My black cats are both here with me so I'll have a snuggle as well.
  • beanielou
    Happy snuggling :)
    I have one beside me as I type!

• Hey everyone :hello:
    I'm home, in my pyjamas, under a blanket, snuggling with a cat. DD next to me doing her homework. I am just trying to relax and wind down after another busy day at work. It's pretty stressful now that a few of my classes have gone up to 34 kids. I had to speak to the Head today about the logistics of doing practical work with so many kids in the room. Short term pain, long term gain :)
    I am slightly better prepared for the rest of the week now I've had a free lesson and done some planning. My Head of Department is out the rest of this week (his dad died) so me plus one other in charge, which is an extra bit of stress but we shall survive it.
    I'm still stressing about the limbo I'm stuck in at the moment. Financially I'm a complete mess and I really, really need the new mortgage to come through and not to be paying extra solicitor costs because my ex is poorly. I desperately don't want to have to contact him again about this, but I fear I may have to. Just don't want to make things worse for him while he's already feeling as bad as he is, but I don't want to keep waiting and waiting. That could be months or years and I can catastrophise with the very best of them. I like to feel as though I'm doing everything I can, and hate not being able to move things on. Ah well.
    Other than that, all is well in CCL land.
  • beanielou
    Hope the mortgage is sorted out really soon.

• Hi,
    I think you need to tell ex-oh that he needs to suck it up and sign. He’s not going to gain anything by dragging his feet, and after all the years of looking after him it’s the very least that he should be able to get up and get this done for you and himself. Really don’t know how you can keep your cool. You’re one strong cookie ccl.
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    While I do have sympathy with the mental health issues, I think that feet-dragging on the legal front just means that neither of you can properly move on. Is there anyone who could help your ex with the paperwork? Is this something he could ask your nearest branch of 'Mind' to support him with? I can really sense your frustration at not being able to get a new post-divorce budget in place & it isn't fair that you are hit harder in the pocket because of your ex tuning out of what needs to be done. Does he have a friend you could ask to talk to him & maybe help him with the documents? Once the official stuff is done, nobody will need to bother him about it again. Until then, I'm assuming that solicitors will have to keep nagging. It must be so frustrating. Grrrr.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure