Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 3rd May 18, 8:50 AM
    • 4,719Posts
    • 41,261Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning
    • 3rd May 18, 8:50 AM
    Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning 3rd May 18 at 8:50 AM
    Good morning everyone,

I've had a bit of a break from the forums over the past couple of months, but today seems like a good time to come back on here and to start a new diary. An awful lot has changed in my life over the past couple of weeks and it's going to take some time and effort to adjust, and more than ever I need the support and accountability of being on here to keep me on the straight and narrow as far as my finances are concerned.
    I hope that some of my usual bunch have followed me to this diary, and welcome to anyone new that might be reading. I need all of the help and support that I can get...
    NST May #18 nsd = 8 1 debt vs 100 days #5 553/553 Pay all your debt by Xmas '19 #56: 997.60/5750
Page 65
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 6th May 19, 8:04 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 41,261 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hello
    Today I had one of those days of doing nothing that was just amazing. Slept a bit later than usual, watched an episode of Game of Thrones, made lunches, washed dishes, did crochet, had a long soak in the bath, read a bit and did nothing even remotely work related. Bit of indulgence now as I'll be really busy in a couple of weeks for the next couple of months. It was nice - a bit of time with the kids, and cats, no stress, and some food prepared for the week ahead.
    No word at all from ex or the police - so I don't know what is happening. I've barely thought about it apart from keeping the doors closed and locked all day. Not that I was going to have them open - it's freezing out there - cold enough for the heating to kick in during the day (set at 13 degrees). Life goes on and gets back to normal - another minor bump in the road dealt with...
    NST May #18 nsd = 8 1 debt vs 100 days #5 553/553 Pay all your debt by Xmas '19 #56: 997.60/5750
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 7th May 19, 5:44 AM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 18,536 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Hello
    Today I had one of those days of doing nothing that was just amazing. Slept a bit later than usual, watched an episode of Game of Thrones, made lunches, washed dishes, did crochet, had a long soak in the bath, read a bit and did nothing even remotely work related. Bit of indulgence now as I'll be really busy in a couple of weeks for the next couple of months. It was nice - a bit of time with the kids, and cats, no stress, and some food prepared for the week ahead.
    No word at all from ex or the police - so I don't know what is happening. I've barely thought about it apart from keeping the doors closed and locked all day. Not that I was going to have them open - it's freezing out there - cold enough for the heating to kick in during the day (set at 13 degrees). Life goes on and gets back to normal - another minor bump in the road dealt with...
    Originally posted by crazy_cat_lady
    Well done for having a relaxing day and getting ready for the week ahead. We all need one of those once in a while, it's easy when life is busy just to keep busy but we all need a day at home every now and again.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 7th May 19, 4:38 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 41,261 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    I did such a little amount of actual stuff yesterday that I wasn't really very tired when I went to bed at half past ten last night. So it was a while before I got to sleep and then when the alarm went off at half six this morning I felt absolutely dreadful - I have just never managed to get going today really.
    However, did have a fairly productive day at work. Taught my lessons, wrote a test, marked some stuff and even prepared a presentation for later in the week. I like days when I get lots done so even though I'm tired I still feel I've been useful. Also made a start on the report writing I need to do (one of the things I absolutely hate) - hopefully I can maintain this.
    Reasonable day in terms of food as well - vegetable pasta for lunch and leftovers for dinner tonight. No spend day - makes me feel good/relieved as things are tight this month.
    I've come straight home as I'm tired - already in my jammies, snuggled under a blanket as it's freezing. Tuesday is my telly night so I'm going to do a bit of crochet while I'm watching. I've got lots on the go at the moment and I'm not really happy with any of it - not sure why I'm so distracted with my crochet. I have lots needing to be done that's for sure but I don't seem to think any of it is nice at the minute.
    Hey ho. Just keep swimming!
    Ooh. I've just remembered it's my mam's actual birthday today so I'm going to give her a call and see if she's had a good one.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 11th May 19, 6:32 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 41,261 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hello
    It's been a few days - I'm more busy than I thought considering that exams don't start until next week. The S has HTF in a major way at work, and it doesn't directly affect me, but I feel very stuck in the middle in my role as union rep. I lost most of my free lessons in meetings and was late home from work a couple of nights. So I've not had enough time with the family, and I feel very sad and stressed about the whole situation. In my union role I'm impartial but my personal opinion of it is very different indeed. There's a huge divide in the staff now so as and when this settles down everything will change. It's a shame because I've been so happy at work the past couple of years since the Head started there. Ah well - it's one of those things that is just about out of my control.
    In other things I have no control over - I have literally no idea where my ex husband is or how he's doing. However, he's no longer missing and a concern as far as I'm aware. We're due in court in 10 days time and I know that he hasn't done any of his paperwork. However, I've kept my solicitor updated and he says we go ahead as planned. So we'll see what happens there.
    I've been too busy to do a lot of spending, but I did cave in to takeaway today. I've just about kept on track with my eating, the minimum housework, spending time with the kids. Sleep isn't great but that's because my brain is busy. I've had to bring quite a bit of work home as I lost 3 hours of free time and 2 after school sessions at school. By yesterday I was so tired when I got home, I drank way too much gin and did nothing, then woke up with a stinking head this morning. Now I have 15 reports to write, 2 exam papers to review, and quite a bit of lesson planning to do - all before work on Monday. I just can't seem to motivate myself though. I'm tired and a bit stressed and I've spent the day with bestie and the kids just gossiping and catching up which has been lovely, but I now have a lot of work to do and not much time to do it in. I have a long tutoring session tomorrow and am visiting my mam so I either need to start working now or get an early night for an early start tomorrow.
    So I should stop procrastinating.
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 11th May 19, 7:46 PM
    • 5,592 Posts
    • 44,515 Thanks
    DawnW
    Hope it all settles down soon CCL x

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th May 19, 7:57 PM
    • 63,146 Posts
    • 277,525 Thanks
    beanielou
    No wonder that you are tired & stressed.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 11th May 19, 10:43 PM
    • 1,608 Posts
    • 8,127 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Sounds a very tricky situation CCL. Hope you've had chance to relax a little.
    paydbx2019 #93 699.95/10,100 .
    School trips 1216/1269..
    EF 260
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 12th May 19, 9:32 AM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 18,536 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Hope you've managed some relaxing this weekend.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 12th May 19, 6:24 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 41,261 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Work is done!
    I am filled with work dreads for tomorrow but am caught up as far as possible on the stuff that I can control.
    Just checking in quickly because I want to relax with the kids and a bit of telly tonight.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 13th May 19, 5:19 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 41,261 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hello
    Survived work - it wasn't as bad as I was expecting but the mood isn't great. Managed a quick catch up with the Head about the current situation - he seems to be doing a bit better. There's another meeting tomorrow and hopefully things will be a bit clearer by then.
    Unfortunately I am stupidly busy at the moment so I don't have time for doing much else outside of work - the first science exam is tomorrow and then there's a fair stream of just being busy until the end of term.
    No news from the ex. Absolutely nothing at all since last weekend when I heard from the police. I haven't thought about it much at all but a couple of people have asked me today. Not sure if I should be worried but I'm really not... I'm way more worried and anxious about court next week, but that's just because I don't know what to expect when I get there and I'm not sure exactly where the place is so just general anxiety about making a fool of myself.
    NSD - no choice as I have no money. Just trying to make healthy food choices, get decent sleep and be productive and efficient during the day. Bit boring really...
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 16th May 19, 7:55 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 41,261 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Well... What a difference a few days makes. And a very stressful couple of days it has been as well if I say so myself.
    Union meeting = awful. All confidential but I have never felt so uncomfortable and completely out of my depth. Lots of awkward silences. Then next day a few complaints from various people about the way the union has handled the situation which just about tipped me over the edge so I ended up stepping down as union rep. Then being asked to stay on long enough to oversee an indicative ballot. I was quite tearful over the whole thing because I have only ever wanted the best for the members and have tried my best to be impartial, supportive and within the regulations and law. It feels like some people weren't told what they wanted to hear so they went on and on and on until they got their own way.
    Then a fire alarm over lunch time. A real one. Right before the English GCSE exam. The school kitchen caught fire. Was outside with my form class for a while - at least the weather was nice. And at least I'm not an English teacher...
    By the time I got home last night I was exhausted, run down and a bit dead inside. And very, very sad. The kids were lovely to me - ds drew me a picture to cheer me up and told me it was ok to cry, bless him - he's still only 10. I lay on the sofa and just tried to sleep but couldn't drift off for some reason.
    My phone rang just after 8pm - a nurse from a psychiatric hospital in Inverness (!) They have a new English patient (eyeroll) and she was ringing to ask me if I would be prepared to give over some information about him, with his permission. In return I'm barely allowed to know anything, but I am happy to help if I can. At least I know that he is safe and getting some sort of help. I spent about half an hour on the phone to his care team after school today just answering their questions. God knows what will happen next.
    Needless to say I barely slept a wink last night so I've been feeling rubbish today. I just could not switch my brain off between the work situation, ex and then thinking about the chemistry exam which was this morning. Survived though
    Thankfully the exam went ok, and most of my colleagues have been really lovely to me so I've felt a lot better but I'm desperate for some good sleep now.
    Just thought I should check in as it's been a couple of days and busy as ever.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 19, 8:12 PM
    • 63,146 Posts
    • 277,525 Thanks
    beanielou
    WEll at least you know where the English patient is.
    Sorry that the last couple of days have been seriously dire
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 16th May 19, 11:53 PM
    • 1,608 Posts
    • 8,127 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    to the fire, especially at exam time.
    paydbx2019 #93 699.95/10,100 .
    School trips 1216/1269..
    EF 260
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 17th May 19, 5:53 AM
    • 554 Posts
    • 4,160 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    What a week you've had! Hope you can get some proper down time at the weekend.
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 17th May 19, 6:00 AM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 18,536 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Sorry it's been stressful again cat and causing you lack of sleep. Hope you slept better last night. Just 1 more week until half term. Keep going, you're amazing.
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 17th May 19, 7:03 AM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 20,094 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Urgh, well does that mean you have to cancel the court hearing thingie next week, or does it just go on in his self imposed absence?
    Sounds harsh I know, but to me it sounds like he does not want to face the reality of court, and so has gone on a bender.
    MFW START1/5/16 118,340 Oct17109,49 12/17 108,801/18 108,39 3/18 108,50 4/18108,10 5/18106,99 6/18105,99.7/18105,308/18103,99 9/18102,99 10/18101,999 11/18101,300 12/18100,700,1/19 99,999.99 2/19 99,500 1/3 98,999.991/4 98,500 1/5 97,999.99

MFW 2019 #65
    L&C Referal code- https://referme.to/GNNHtJo
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 17th May 19, 7:34 AM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 21,258 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Hey CCL,

A very busy few days for you and I don't blame you for struggling to switch off. I would think most people would be the same, so don't beat yourself up about it. Hopefully now the exams out of the way, you know where ex is and you've the weekend ahead, you can find some 'you' time to relax and get a decent 40 winks under your belt too.

Take care.
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16

Follow my diary HERE
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 17th May 19, 7:51 AM
    • 2,469 Posts
    • 12,670 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    CCL this week at work sounds horrendous.
    Good news to hear OH is seeking professional help, one less thing for you to worry about.

I'm glad the children were supportive.

Would writing it all out in detail help shift it from your brain and allow you to get some sleep? Some times I find this helpful.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 17th May 19, 8:50 AM
    • 1,952 Posts
    • 19,597 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    It feels like some people weren't told what they wanted to hear so they went on and on and on until they got their own way.
    That's the way with some people, isn't it? They think if they shout loud and long enough they'll get what they want. Maybe taking a step back from that situation is the right thing to do at this moment in time. You have a lot of other things to deal with just now.

As for the Ex. At least you know where he is and that he's being taken care of.

It's easy for me to say put it all out of your mind and try not to worry but please try to find some time just for yourself.

Hope things get better for you.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 17th May 19, 3:00 PM
    • 4,830 Posts
    • 27,472 Thanks
    foxgloves
    A fraught time for you, CCL. Just you keep on concentrating on the bits you have control over, & try not to dwell too much on the rest of it. And remember that you will be able to keep going better if you manage to eat the occasional nutrient - I know how wobbly & tired I get when I take my eye off the ball with my eating habits.
    Hope GCSE season all goes ok......just been reading a story in the news today about a private school which has taught the wrong book for English Lit GCSE & only discovered this on seeing the exam paper - ouch!!
    Take care, & keep on b*ggering on (as I think Churchill said).
    F xx
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = 320 2016 = 210 2017 = 304 2018 = 418 2019 = 65
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,752Posts Today

6,929Users online

Martin's Twitter