Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 1st May 18, 6:46 PM
    • 4,299Posts
    • 4,707Thanks
    robatwork
    Please sort out the "smart punctuation" problems
    • 1st May 18, 6:46 PM
    Please sort out the "smart punctuation" problems 1st May 18 at 6:46 PM
    Please MSE......

It's extremely tiring, nigh on impossible with some others, to read sentences like this

She!!!8217;s ignored me so far and the only email I!!!8217;ve received from her to date is one telling me that she!!!8217;s opened a file for me.

This has even affected your own staff:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5837170
    Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.

I understand it's a general Apple/punctuation technical issue, but that's not insurmountable if the will is there. Is it?
Page 2
    • J B
    • By J B 15th May 18, 9:53 PM
    • 2,732 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    J B
    I *only* access the forum on my W10 PC via Firefox
    I use the green forum

I've never, to my knowledge, had any of my posts mangled but several that I see do contain the nonsense.

IIRC, I once quoted a message which wasn't mangled when I read it, but was after quoting!
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 22nd May 18, 6:24 PM
    • 4,299 Posts
    • 4,707 Thanks
    robatwork
    Hello Andrea,

Here is an exmple, freshly posted by one of your colleagues.

If it's happening for you within MSE towers surely you accept this is an issue you need to sort out:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5846122

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 22nd May 18, 7:34 PM
    • 11,049 Posts
    • 29,447 Thanks
    suki1964
    It's ?33! Been bad the last few days, every post I've written has been affected
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 23rd May 18, 12:43 PM
    • 9,008 Posts
    • 21,792 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi folks

I'm sorry I've taken a while to come back to this.

I definitely want the issue rectified and have been chasing it behind the scenes but it's not necessarily a quick fix, if we can.

It started after a change we made resulted in this problem occurring on certain Apple devices.

Many of you have sorted it using the guidance in that article (see our original thread) but that doesn't appear to be working for all of you.

Unfortunately our tech team has a large workload covering all of MSE, not just the Forum, and in terms of priorities it's not the highest for them.

I'm doing my best to find out whether there's any more we can do in the meantime but please bear with us.

Thank you!

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 23rd May 18, 12:56 PM
    • 4,299 Posts
    • 4,707 Thanks
    robatwork
    Thanks for the update and keep on it please Andrea.

Did you get a chance to talk to MSE Karl - I doubt he posted the above link from an iphone but stand to be corrected?
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 24th May 18, 2:33 PM
    • 9,008 Posts
    • 21,792 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Will do Rob
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin